World War II General Discussion

Once again I feel like they slap me in the face. You have to pre order to get access to the beta? That's just stupid. With the franchise that's basically falling off and you're trying to revitalize the title then why are you hiding everything behind a paywall yet again. Her players like me that played Call of Duty for quite a while why why are you taking it and essentially shoving it in our face that we can't have free access to this supposedly revitalized Call of Duty. I feel like if it is as much of a difference as you're claiming it to be you would want everyone to be able to play this and experience it for themselves so they can make it a good decision whether to buy it or not because I'm not going to buy the game off of what somebody else tells me about the game I want to play the game before I buy it. I'm really disappointed that the game has already became a cash grab.

Stevenkuhn
3 REPLIES 3
Every Beta has started out Private, and then opened to the public.

This shouldn't be news. They are encouraging Pre-Orders by offering first access to the Beta.

I'd be shocked if they didn't open the Beta to the Public, as they've done so every year that they've done a Beta thus far. It's not uncommon practice in the gaming world.
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

@Stevenkuhn wrote:

Once again I feel like they slap me in the face. You have to pre order to get access to the beta? That's just stupid. With the franchise that's basically falling off and you're trying to revitalize the title then why are you hiding everything behind a paywall yet again. Her players like me that played Call of Duty for quite a while why why are you taking it and essentially shoving it in our face that we can't have free access to this supposedly revitalized Call of Duty. I feel like if it is as much of a difference as you're claiming it to be you would want everyone to be able to play this and experience it for themselves so they can make it a good decision whether to buy it or not because I'm not going to buy the game off of what somebody else tells me about the game I want to play the game before I buy it. I'm really disappointed that the game has already became a cash grab.

Entitlement issues?

If it bothers you so much... don't pre-order. 

I know it's a shock that ATVI is marketing their game in way to entice sales. So silly of them. Maybe they should give you a free copy because you're so offended and issue a twelve page apology letter.

You're welcome.

P.S. - Pre-order from a retailer... try the beta... hate the beta... cancel pre-order. 

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

@Stevenkuhn wrote:

I'm not going to buy the game off of what somebody else tells me about the game I want to play the game before I buy it. I'm really disappointed that the game has already became a cash grab.

THAT what you just described is a DEMO not a beta, but if you're so bothered do what everyone else does, preorder online from a retailer and just cancel preorder after you get your code. 

Maccabi Level 75

Studios