Anyone playing destiny 2?

World War II Off Topic Forum

Anyone playing destiny 2?

Just picked it up this weekend and I'm having a blast.  I'm somewhere around level 12. But if you want to group up add me on ps4. I have a little catching up to do. But am looking forward to strikes and raids.

Ps. 

Anyone who's farther than me, when does the first strike become available?

gotsomestars Level 75
26 REPLIES

Re: Anyone playing destiny 2?

in reply to gotsomestars

Don't think I'm going to play it. 

Played Destiny. But don't have to time for raids. And than well you can't go much further.

It wear off. 

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

in reply to gotsomestars

I'm playing D2, unfortunately, I can't offer any help as I'm on Xbox, but I can answer your question.

Strikes become available after you've reunited the old Fireteam together at the Farm, you'll be given a chance to collect Milestones from each Vanguard character to complete.

After you've done the Milestone for the strikes, you will then unlock Nightfall, if it's anything like I experienced, it glitched and wouldn't allow me. All you need to do is log out and log back in and it should give you the option to speak to Zavahla to get access to the Nightfall.

Someone gave me a word of warning, if you want to avoid spoilers, don't speak to Shaxx until you've finished the campaign Smiley Wink

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator
Moderator Moderator

in reply to gotsomestars

Probably around the same level and I have this one on PS4 - if I'm on this game high percentage the wife and I are running together. Feel free to add me. 

MindSpazms Level 75

in reply to MindSpazms

@MindSpazms wrote:

Probably around the same level and I have this one on PS4 - if I'm on this game high percentage the wife and I are running together. Feel free to add me. 

I'm trying to get my wife off cod and on to something new. Maybe if i tell her there's another husband/wife group she may go for it. I think I added you before but I'm not sure, what's you're psnid?

Side note.

You have 2 ps4? Does it perform better than split screen? I've been. Questioning myself the last few years about ditching my Xbox and buying a new ps4 so we can play games other than cod together.

gotsomestars Level 75

in reply to gotsomestars

Yeah we each have our own consoles and couldnt tell you the last time we tried split screen. We have certain games we play on XB1 and then some on PS4 the only COD on PS4 that we have is BO3. 

my PSN is the same as here.

MindSpazms Level 75

in reply to MindSpazms

Cool deal I'll double check if I have you added already tomorrow afternoon. I think I got lvl17 or 18 today. So I should be close to ready for the first strike. The only character I've used so far is my warlock . I'm hoping to at least finish a couple raids this time. I did the first one in Destiny 1 and started the second one but right as everyone was quitting and going to bed so it was really unorganized so we didn't finish.

I'm really enjoying this one more than the first other than the platform jumping. 

gotsomestars Level 75

in reply to gotsomestars

I hit lvl20 today.  I think my light level or whatever is around 210. I still haven't figured out how to do strikes. I have the whole "team " back at earth and tried talking to the warlock guy. But it didn't do anything. I think I have to talk to another person to move the story line one more step. Or something. I'll try again tomorrow.  I only played for about an hour today. 

gotsomestars Level 75

in reply to gotsomestars

How to Unlock Strikes in Destiny 2

Unlike the first game, Strikes are not automatically available to players.

In Destiny 2, Bungie has instead made the decision to hold back strikes until you've reached a specific point in the story campaign.

That specific point is reached once you've completed the story missions on Io, which, depending on how quickly you plough through the main campaign, could take anywhere between 6-8 hours playing the main campaign.

Once you reach this point in the story, all three Vanguard mentors of Zavala, Ikora and Cayde-6 will reunite at The Farm social space.

If you head to the top of the main building and speak with Commander Zavala, Strikes will finally be available to you.

That said, even if they are available it's recommended that for each strike Guardians have a minimum power level of 140 before attempting any of the Strike missions.

Sorry for the wall of text, copied and pasted from an article Smiley Happy

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/644029/Destiny-2-Strikes-Nightfall-GUIDE-How-to-Unlock-Levels...

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator
Moderator Moderator

in reply to tracy

Ty. I found one too. I thought I talked to Zavala, but maybe not I'll try again after I sleep a lil bit. 

gotsomestars Level 75

Studios