COD WW2 On The Nintendo Switch

World War II Off Topic Forum

COD WW2 On The Nintendo Switch

I would honestly like to know what the COD community would think about a Nintendo Switch port of COD WW2. The Switch has seen major success in the short amount of time it's been on the market and has been shown to run more intensive games like NBA 2K18 at the same quality as the PS4 version. Thoughts?

The1MousE
9 REPLIES

Re: COD WW2 On The Nintendo Switch

in reply to The1MousE

Don't think it will come to nintendo

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

in reply to dtuchpunk

Would you like it to be available on the system as an option?

The1MousE

in reply to The1MousE

I don't have one so doesn't bother me

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

in reply to The1MousE

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Nintendo have an unofficial (official even) stance against realistic violence? I thought I heard that somewhere awhile back, and never cared to check if it were true or not. I loved the Wii, and the Wii-U, even though I mainly played their Sports Resort (come on, admit it, bowling and archery were fun as hell) and Mario Kart, but I've not been a fan of the Switch from day one. Looks too gimmicky, and is clearly aimed at an audience younger than me. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

in reply to mygamertagsucks

Yes Nintendo does have some weird stances, however games like No More Heros, Resident Evil, Skyrim, and potential Fallout 4 and South Park the fractured but whole are coming to the Switch and are usually seen as decently violent. Also since call of duty games specifically have been on the Wii and the Wii U i don't think that Nintendo would have a problem putting it on the Switch; especially with how well it sells. About your comment on the gimmickyness and younger appeal of the switch; I honestly haven't seen any young people that'd be considered kids playing a switch. On YouTube, twitch, and in everyday life even at stores like Best Buy all I've seen are young adults and older teens buying the console. Yes the controllers do seem a bit gimmicky but they are actually nice to use -- although I would recommend the pro controller any day -- and the system doesn't feel cheap or gimmicky at all when using it. I hope this helps

The1MousE

As the proud owner of a switch, I have to say something. I didn't pre-order and didn't get it until maybe a month ago. But I love it. The controllers, which seem weird, actually are easy to use, and fun at that. Also way more comfortable than a traditional controller. You can let your arms hang comfortably if you want. The games looks and play great so far too. As long as it isn't bad like the Wii CoD games (forced motion controls iirc which made it annoying to learn, but ultimately satisfying in a way) I think it would be passable. And of course if they got the graphics up to a good quality with how much is going on in the game. Plus a AAA CoD I could play anywhere would be cool af. Of course if it plays well with the switch controls and performing well in the frame rate, battery drain departments too.
PSN:Lights_Paladin
XBL:ImDeathsLullaby
Steam:You've Activated My Trap Card!
Lights_Paladin

Actually, Nintendo Says They Are Talking With Third-Party Developers On Getting More Mature Rated Games For Nintendo Switch. Some M Rated Games That Are On The Switch Or Coming Soon To The Switch Include Doom (Bethesda Softworks), LA Noire (Take-Two Interactive), The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks), Payday 2 (505 Games), Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Bethesda Softworks), And This Is The Police (THQ Nordic). I Hope I Get To See Call Of Duty 2018 On The Nintendo Switch Next Year, Because I Am Dying To Play Call Of Duty On The Go, Something I Can't Do With Call Of Duty: WWII.

Here's Proof: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/nintendo_is_reportedly_eager_to_see_more_mature_games_on_th...

Anthonyg3281

in reply to The1MousE
I believe some months back they said they weren't going to make a Switch version. I mean as long as it looks decent and plays well in comparison I'd be fine with it, but I doubt they'll do it.
PSN:Lights_Paladin
XBL:ImDeathsLullaby
Steam:You've Activated My Trap Card!
Lights_Paladin

in reply to Lights_Paladin

I haven't heard of any official statements of it coming or not coming to the Switch 

The1MousE

Studios