Community spotlight

World War II Off Topic Forum

I'm glad you didn't allow replies. I would have looked like a bigger jackass than I already am.

giphy-2.gif

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

+1 Smiley Happy

Horrorman Level 75

@Seanicus23wrote:

Hey all, apparently we have to ruin the joke by saying yes it was an April Fool's joke. I would hope that it is kind of obvious with the whole new account created on April 1st, ridiculous answers, stock photos, and everything else there that I don't really want to ruin just in case people didn't see it, but I see some people here don't see any of that and are just using it as a negative example. Thanks to those of you who found the humor in it and were being civil about it. 

I was to tired to notice it at first. After last month I had something like wtf.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

@Seanicus23schrieb:

Hey all, apparently we have to ruin the joke by saying yes it was an April Fool's joke. I would hope that it is kind of obvious with the whole new account created on April 1st, ridiculous answers, stock photos, and everything else there that I don't really want to ruin just in case people didn't see it, but I see some people here don't see any of that and are just using it as a negative example. Thanks to those of you who found the humor in it and were being civil about it. 

I barely got fooled by someone like this time. Hehe Smiley LOL I hoped on the how he can became a AMB bandwagon...

Horrorman Level 75

@Seanicus23wrote:

but I see some people here don't see any of that and are just using it as a negative example. 

Really didn't think this one through did you , the reason "some people" saw it as a negative example is because thats EXACTLY how it looked, discounting the "some people who frequent the forums regularly" , how do you think your made up non answers to what is now obviously made up posts look to anyone ELSE who came to the forums and checked? congrats you just made the amb program yet again look like its full of people who don't actually help on the forums and the odd few that do invariably give non answers .

If your "aprils fools joke" was to basically troll "some people" who have made negative comments about about previous spotlights thats really kinda sad as lets be honest thats exactly what you did oh and FYI we did twig. You've ended up making a public post that makes ambs look bad on here by making up an amb who acts exactly like some ambs do on here in the past, with a post that was almost identical to the majority of spotlights that "some people" have given negative feedback for. Golf claps all round a real home run of a self inflicted foot shot there bravo !. I honestly am slightly bewildered none of you considered what you were doing or how it would be perceived, the scary thing is you actually might of and still thought it was a good idea. 

Maybe next year actually go for something "some people" might find funny? here's some suggestions..

play up to the fact everyone refers to the assist take over of the codhq as hydra taking over...

say you're actually going to listen to feedback...

post the forum issues will be fixed finally...

swap the forum round so only people on mobile can use it correctly and those on computers can't...

aprilfools.png

Maccabi Level 75

Nicely said maccabi.

An amb without posts not wierd.

An amb tryingnto be clever not wierd.

So it could be true.

SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

@dtuchpunkschrieb:

Nicely said maccabi.

An amb without posts not wierd.

An amb tryingnto be clever not wierd.

So it could be true.

Yep...

Horrorman Level 75

You are looking way too far into this and we were just trying to do something silly for april fools. It was not intended to troll anyone and it was not directed at anyone. It makes me a bit sad that you thought it was directed at you or anyone in particular.

There is absolutely no way it was done that way since the person who wrote it isn't someone who has been apart of any of the previous threads/conversations you mentioned and just purely did it to try to have some fun with the whole concept. I know this sounds ridiculous to say, but chill out on this one. It was just a joke and you guys are trying hard to make it into something serious instead of something fun and silly. 

Lastly, we've had the large majority of issues with the forums reported up and fixed. Do you know anything in particular that is broken or having issues? I'd be more than happy to check it out and report it up. The only thing I know that is outstanding at the moment is some text color issues with PMs and tagging people (also this dumb Betreff topic title bug). 

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

@Seanicus23wrote:

You are looking way too far into this and we were just trying to do something silly for april fools. It was not intended to troll anyone and it was not directed at anyone. It makes me a bit sad that you thought it was directed at you or anyone in particular.

Refering to forum regs as you did as "some people" earlier was obviously directed at us , you know the same some people who replied to the last real spotlight you ended up defending ( as with previous ones).  So with respect on this one, I stand by my original point this was badly thought out and ultimately you just made the amb program look bad to anyone who wasn't familiar with it's spotlight "history" . Probably wouldnt have been as bad had you just made the spotlight post then it would've just been a slightly dumb unfunny aprils fools post. Going that "extra mile" to sell it  making the fake accounts and fake amb replies just made the ambs look bad to anyone who came here and just read the replies. If you want us to believe that at no point did anyone there think the optics would be bad considering its the one thing the forum regs have issues with wasn't done or aimed at us then maybe you thats the issue why people took it negatively or thought rightly or wrongly it was aimed at "some people"?

@Seanicus23wrote:

It was just a joke and you guys are trying hard to make it into something serious instead of something fun and silly. 

The fact the negativity of the replies echoed previous replies to spotlights shows you missed the mark really doesn't it. Even though you seem to have completely discounted some of the "some people" twigged what it was.

@Seanicus23wrote:

Lastly, we've had the large majority of issues with the forums reported up and fixed. Do you know anything in particular that is broken or having issues? I'd be more than happy to check it out and report it up. The only thing I know that is outstanding at the moment is some text color issues with PMs and tagging people (also this dumb Betreff topic title bug). 

yeah fixing the pm text would be great, that way i can see what the ambs are sending me via pm Smiley Happy

only other thing we seem to still be missing hundreds of posts a day , its an issue that started a few years back and no one seems to be interested in fixing Smiley Wink 

Maccabi Level 75

@Maccabiwrote:

@Seanicus23wrote:

Refering to forum regs as you did as "some people" earlier was obviously directed at us , you know the same some people who replied to the last real spotlight you ended up defending ( as with previous ones).  So with respect on this one, I stand by my original point this was badly thought out and ultimately you just made the amb program look bad to anyone who wasn't familiar with it's spotlight "history" . Probably wouldnt have been as bad had you just made the spotlight post then it would've just been a slightly dumb unfunny aprils fools post. Going that "extra mile" to sell it  making the fake accounts and fake amb replies just made the ambs look bad to anyone who came here and just read the replies. If you want us to believe that at no point did anyone there think the optics would be bad considering its the one thing the forum regs have issues with wasn't done or aimed at us then maybe you thats the issue why people took it negatively or thought rightly or wrongly it was aimed at "some people"?

@Seanicus23wrote:

It was just a joke and you guys are trying hard to make it into something serious instead of something fun and silly. 

The fact the negativity of the replies echoed previous replies to spotlights shows you missed the mark really doesn't it. Even though you seem to have completely discounted some of the "some people" twigged what it was.

@Seanicus23wrote:

yeah fixing the pm text would be great, that way i can see what the ambs are sending me via pm Smiley Happy

only other thing we seem to still be missing hundreds of posts a day , its an issue that started a few years back and no one seems to be interested in fixing Smiley Wink 

I agree with you. Joke or not.

Even when somebody else wrote it. That person has no idea what is going on on the forum.  

They don't care.

And fixing hydra. Don't think that is gonna happen

SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Studios