Fortnite battle royale

World War II Off Topic Forum

Wow I'm enjoying this game right now . If only cod could get something like this to work. I know it probably would never happen for so many reasons but the concept is awesome. Anyone else playing fbr and if so are you enjoying it and if it could work would you like to see something similar but codlike? 

COSTAPAFC
10 REPLIES 10

I tried it.

It 3rd person. I don't like that. 

And feeld inconsistent. 

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Agreed first person would be better . The actual idea behind the game is simple but genius though . 

COSTAPAFC
I only played it a few times so in fairness I haven't given it much time and my opinion is based off of limited playing time. It is fun especially for a free to play game but I found it a little to slow for my taste. It seems to be more about a game of chance and the end games seems to be more about who can find the best bush or hiding spot. Not really my speed but I think it is still a solid game.

I don't think COD should bother, there are already two other games like this so no need for them to get into this. I would like to see a first person version of it though, that would be more interesting to me.

I am sour on Activision and any of the devs that are involved in COD. I just feel they are way to deceitful on how they role out their games and with this new information on them showing some potential intent to manipulate matchmaking in favor of profiting off micro-transactions, I would rather stay away from any of their future games they are involved in.

A military version of this would be interesting so long as the debs and publishers are not the same as COD.
MurkBeserk Level 75
Highlighted

Also limited time. 

Next to the 3rd person. And inconsistent. 

Something felt off. That is probably something minor I don't like. Just don't know what

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

3rd person is a no go on my side. So I wont give em any chance. Smiley Happy

Horrorman Level 75

Since I found this game I have not played any other games. I love it. I will say there iis a downside for me. 2 actually.

1. The random bullet deviation. If I put my reticle on someone and pull the trigger, that's where the bullet should go. If they need to do anything, have bullet travel time and drop like the sniper has on all weapons. Having bullets go in random directions takes too much skill out of it and makes gunfights too RNG based.

2. The voice chat. If I don't have a duo or squad I can't simply random fill. Because you can't communicate with squadmates. They need to enable voice chat when in a duo or squad. Communication is too important to leave out.

They could also improve the inventory system.  I've died quite a few times because I hit triangle one too many times, but I don't see how they could make it much better. 

After the latest weapon balance patch the weapons could use tweaking. The scar is head and shoulders above the other weapons. But I don't think they should nerf the scar. They should buff the other weapons. They need to reverse the nerf they gave to normal Ars. Up the damage on the burst AR by a point or two. And undo the massive nerf on the scoped AR, or at least up the damage to 33. Having a 5 shot kill weapon with such a low fire rate makes it useless. They nerfed it from the second best weapon all the way to useless.

Shotguns are good. 

SMGs need a pretty substantial buff to make them useful. My pick axe does 11 damage. The smg does 11 damage. That's just silly. Smg should be buffed to at least 19 damage.

They obviously need to fix the broken "scoped" sensitivity for snipers, but they are working on that. 

First and foremost though, if you're going to have a 2.5x headshot multiplier you have to get rid of random bullet deviation. It doesn't make any sense at all to make headshots so valuable yet make getting a head shot completely luck based. Take out random deviation and let gun SKILL decide. Not RNG bs.

That being said I have an absolute blast.  I love the strategy of it. It's not like cod where you just run around and spray for success. You have to pick your battles and think to win.

gotsomestars Level 75

Absolutely right about the scar in comparison to the other weapons. The scar can be the difference between a death or winning a gunfight far too much and I'm not sure if it's my mind playing tricks but it has less of that bullet deviation. 

I love that little scramble at the start then the calm and thought that is needed from then. 

I play passively a lot ( Got a top 10 once without a single encounter lol ) and the traps are underappreciated I think.

What's great is that it's a basic well thought out concept that's thoroughly enjoyable and free. Brilliant

COSTAPAFC

Agreed in the traps. Iv e gotten most of my trap kills from the spike trap. The other 2 make two make too much noise for anything other than a deterrent to keep people from entering a door.

I'm about to go on vacation and I'm predicting I double my games played. And maybe 2 games of cod.

gotsomestars Level 75

there servers work so they are one up on activision

GotEEEMMM

Studios