Is this probably the truth?

World War II Off Topic Forum

Is this probably the truth?

I have an idea of how this game has been created.Just a few thoughts I got after seeing what this game has become.

Probably they didnt wanted to do a WW2 game first !? As they saw people want to go back to the roots, and wouldnt buy another bunny jumping game, plus no advanced movement anymore, they were forced to change their concept from another bunny jumping game to back to BOTG.

Due to little time until release they just rushed out all they can, and WW2 is the result.

Poor map design, bad spawns, only 9 small clusterf*cked maps instead of what we had in the past. Poor connectivity, poor performance, etc...

What do you all think about this? Probably true, or just some bad thoughts...

Horrorman Level 75
13 REPLIES

Re: Is this probably the truth?

in reply to Horrorman

They had the Idead to go back to WW since 2014, as you may know COD game has 3 developer teams and each of them releases a game after 3 years,

So they probably were devolping the game for 3 years now,ofcourse you can't say for sure if they wanted to do a jetpack sequel and halted that idea when they got the backlash from the community.

But Id like to think they worked on it atleast 2 years, game is buggy yes but it's a fairly new game bugs,exploits,server issues needs to be tested by the community in order that the developers will improve on those issues so we have to be patient with this COD give them few weeks to sort their ***** together.

There hasn't been any game that had a smooth lunch, so just hold on mate the game will get better (I hope)

ScammerMasrih

in reply to ScammerMasrih

Some bugs oke. But it's all bugs.

Netcoding is bollocks.

The maps are oke. If you don't look at the clutter and the spawns.

The campaign the first 4 missions are lackluster. And 2 driving sections. It's a *****ing shooter not a race game

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

in reply to dtuchpunk

I really get the feeling this game shouldnt have been in a WW2 setting, and BOTG at first. It´s about impossible a game has so many issues like this game having. In this game nothing, really nothing works like it is supposed to work. I dont start now about lag, and the horrible connectivity...this just became to my mind when I think about what this game has become.

Horrorman Level 75

in reply to Horrorman

the campaign. A whole lot feels just to get a longer campaign. 2 jeep/kubelwagon bits. 1 tank bit. a couple of sneak bits and as a spy walking trough a hq to get a bomb. BORING. I want the cod campaign to be just shooting.

warmode only breakout and the one with the 3 tanks. other one not seen yet.
And a lot of players will hang back. At least my team

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

in reply to dtuchpunk

A lot of lengethening in a campaign that's just too short to begin with.  I'll be honest, haven't played a COD game since...  Probably Black Ops 2.  Future stuff never intrigued me.  So I was excited for this, back to the old days when I was on a Pentium 2 PC playing through COD and the United Offensive add on.  World at war is probably still one of my favorites, followed shortly after by Modern Warfare...

But seriously, what the heck kind of campaign was this?  I know, I know, everything is geared more towards MP now'a'days but still, what happened to the Russians, what happened to the French and British?  What about all the stuff that happened BEFORE D-Day like the invasion of Sicily?  Instead we get another 'Murica campaign with some Saving Private Ryan thrown in and for some reason a French spy who get's sent in to meet with the guy who's been hunting her for years and has killed her husband, child and entire family.  But sure, you go meet him because he's not going to recognize you somehow. 

I'd kill for someone to do a proper Russian Campaign where they're fighting back into Germany, not just the retreat and fall back to Stalingrad.  British Campaign leading up to Operation Dunkerque and the forced evacuation across the English Channel.  You want some stealth?  Add in some French Resistance missions and some Norwegian Resistance missions to bomb the transports carrying the heavy water shipments that the Germans would use to make the Bomb.  Heck...  Why not a *Gasp* German campaign?  You can play as young Heinrich Hosspenpfeffer, conscripted into the German Wehrmacht at gunpoint to defend the Fatherland against those Nasty Russians and Amerikaners who are invading lol. 

Milsurpshooter

in reply to Milsurpshooter

Have to agree. Well said man.

Horrorman Level 75

in reply to Horrorman

If they had a map called Dome and had tanks in it it would be instant buy for me, alas, not.

Don't tell me Horror that you yet again got burned by another CoD game! Smiley LOL

matuzz

in reply to matuzz

matuzz schrieb:

If they had a map called Dome and had tanks in it it would be instant buy for me, alas, not.

Don't tell me Horror that you yet again got burned by another CoD game! Smiley LOL

Dang... Smiley Sad

Horrorman Level 75

in reply to Horrorman

This is not the case. They already wanted to listen to the community after bo3 but because iw already was in the making they couldn't anymore. So they waited. 

BasedKut

Studios