Should Modern Warfare 2 be remastered?

World War II Off Topic Forum

Re: Should Modern Warfare 2 be remastered?

in reply to Kyle_Blair

Yeah.... cant be as bad as the croc of ***** they are pedding nowadays... also most use the same maps or map layout and change the theme/textures but still lazy ass programming...I would love an updated MW2 with a new updated look, maybe a better engine, all previous bugs fixed... ooh wait thats what they said WW2 was... 

and before the sponsored replies from the clowns... I would rather play an old classic than a new flop... stop defending the developers and join the community and appreciate our free speech, after all we paid for the game and simply put.. we are paying these guys salaries !!!

Kronenberg1664

in reply to Kronenberg1664

Id like to see a remaster of MW2 because i didn't play that one while it was new. I picked it up used so I could prestiege in it to earn an unlock token for MW3 (they don't do that now).

However, I do not have enough time to invest in playing two cod games along side each other. MWR was fine, because IW was PANTS, so I stuck to the nostalgia. Maybe this time they should not release it at the same time as the new title, but maybe 3 months later?

Markaccus

in reply to Kronenberg1664

as long as they keep it like the original how the guns behave and not tweak it and take one man army out

djinn0o0

in reply to djinn0o0
As above but not a remaster unless it's a graphics buff and to patch bugs etc.
Dante2k

in reply to Kyle_Blair

Yes it should be, depite the grenade launchers being annoying sometimes it wasn't that hard to distroy someone with it or even return the favor, just don't make it easy to use it multiple times if your going to wine about it and only make it where you only spawn with one shot and call of duties these days make them so weak they are pointless to use now and explosives do what they are suppose to do.

Also MW2 had a nice selection of guns, good maps, not too tech based like the newer ones, and not too limited on things you can do to own and I if not all but most of the weapons are fun to use and if it was remastered the only thing to polish it off is no more then a couple added abilitys like sliding and never hurts to have more guns if you can.

People who complain about weapons being over powered are just wimps, when I complain about this stuff to myself and not others I pretty much forget about it unless its really really unfair but as long as you can achieve or getting the same weapons then and I notice most people that complain about most weapons that are Over powered just don't know how to accurately shoot it anyways and thiers always going to be a weapon more powerful then the other.

At this point for myself anyways a remastered (rather close duplicate) is the only thing I consider buying CoD wise right now, not a fan of the boosting jumping in the newer call of duties but was ok with it being on infinite warefare if there was more options to play tatical mods and not only moshpits.

Starfox064

Betreff: Should Modern Warfare 2 be remastered?

in reply to Kyle_Blair

No.

Why? Because we see what they did with CoD MW.

Horrorman Level 75

in reply to Kyle_Blair

@Kyle_Blair wrote:

Do you guys, girls and whatever else think COD:MW2 should be remastered for PS4 and XBOX 1? If so, or if not, why?

YEAH! (sarcastically)... Lets give the POS devs of COD an excuse to be even more lazy than they already are with their copy and paste game every fricken year. I am pretty sure we are already playing MW2 on badly designed maps, Garbage SHG mechanics (cause they like to cater to scrubs). They will just screw up what I once rememered to be a good game. They already effed up Terminal and Afgahn when they added it to IW.

MurkBeserk Level 75

in reply to MurkBeserk

I have to agree here.

I would probably cry if they made one and messed it up... MW2 is quite literally my favourite game ever.

If all they did was better graphics and then sold it at a maximum price of £30 I would be a very happy chappy.

It shouldn't be remastered... Backwards compatible yes.

RezoaK

in reply to RezoaK

I would like to see it become backwards compatible rather than remake. Maybe just fix the problems like OMA etc and hackers. MW2 is my fave cod of all time. 

Dante2k

in reply to Kyle_Blair

No mw2 remaster... No no no no no no!! 

How about throwing away the 12 year old IW game engine and really make a new COD. 

I would be all in on a socom 2 and 3 remaster... So go buy the rights activision!! Keep the old game engine.. it's better than this lol..jk

FixQuickscopeGlitch

Studios