What do you play?

World War II Off Topic Forum

What is pubG? Maybe I´m getting to old for gaming, but never heard about.

Horrorman Level 75

Player unknown battle ground 

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Oh omg lol ok I see Smiley Tongue BTW I hate 3rd person view games, think thats the reason I never was looking for.

Horrorman Level 75

You're not missing much in Fortnite. It's random bullet deviation takes all skill out of gunfight. And the mechanics are really clunky.

gotsomestars Level 75

Played a couple of games. Feels a bit like shooters from the 90s 

SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

PubG is a pc game (supposed to be released on xb1 this year, rumored to be coming to ps4 later) it's a 3rd person battle royal type game. It's kinda like h1z1 if you've heard of that. Fortnite battle royal is a free to play on ps4 and xb1. There are 100 people in the lobby. An aircraft/air bus flies over an  island and you juno out. There are small "towns" scattered throughout the island and then various houses/shacks ect.  When you jump you have nothing. So you have to scavenge the houses/buildings for weapons bandages and armor.  Then a circle is drawn on the map and you have a few minutes to get inside it. If you don't you slowly take damage until you eventually die.  Every couple minutes the circle gets smaller and smaller. Effectively pushing everyone to the same area. Last man standing wins. It's a strategy survival type game. And they are pretty addicting.  I'd recommend Fortnite battle royal to anyone on Xbox or ps4. It's a he'll of a lot of fun. And it's free. So if you download it and don't like it, you don't lose anything.

gotsomestars Level 75

Been playing mostly BO3, BF1, and a little MWR.

BO3 is still a lot of fun, but the team balancing and the fact there are so many weapons I don't have makes it hard to play for a extended periods of time.

MWR is good for a match or two... but it just doesn't feel like COD4 anymore.

BF1 is my latest obsession. I am not great at it, but I am learning. Love the feel of it, though it has some of the Battlefield annoyances I've experienced over the years (bad spawns, no footsteps, players appearing out of nowhere, roof campers). It is weird to say, but part of my enjoyment comes from not being so good at it. When I do well, it really feels good. Last match today on TDM in Ballroom Blitz went 21-8 with the Support class. I miss that sense of accomplishment in COD sometimes these days.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Just playing Battlefront 2 beta. This is a beta how it should be. No lag on a 40 player map, the map is by far larger than any map in WW2. If I hit someone, he goes down, if he hits me first, my bad. It´s butter smooth gameplay at its best.

Tried it on PS4 and PC, and on both platforms zero lag. Netcode how it should be. And we see, if you can, its possible to make a game without any lag bs like it is in CoD.

I also took a first look at Starfighter Assault 12 vs 12, and its really great so far.

Anyone else playing the Battlefront 2 beta? What are your impressions about?

Horrorman Level 75

Not impressed so far. I will say it plays smoothly and looks beautiful.

The modes in the Beta don't do much for me. The Character Animations are less than stellar and the movement feels clunky. 

Not a fan of putting characters out of context into realms they wouldn't exist in within the universe.

Its fun, but the flow is frustrating to me and I don't like how dumbed down it feels at times. (No Scoreboard to tell me how I did?)

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Will have a look I can play some. (even when I don't really enjoy sci-fi games) On my xbox the halo and gears of war series I mostly played co-op campaign with a friend. Than I can enjoy them otherwise not so much.
In the past I could enjoy them more. But know I want partly realism.

And yes I've played doom, hexen, turok, unreal (before unreal tournament)
One of the first game series I really loved was delta force. When you look back it was quite bad.

SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Studios