I would have rated this game 10/10....

World War II PC

I would have rated this game 10/10....

if there was:
- a server browser
- ability to rent your own big server (64 ppl)
- ability to customize your server however you want, including mods, maps 

Basically like COD1.

It's so simple. So simple. Such a simple thing would make me and maaaany others appreciate the game much much more. Your game's lifetime would drastically increase too.

F1R3FLY111
7 REPLIES

Re: I would have rated this game 10/10....

in reply to F1R3FLY111

Go play BF 1. Its the better game.

You can do it there.

Also dedicated servers with no lags and correct ping display (actual ping numbers and not just red/yellow/green - like the battery of my mobile phone).

Its ridiculous, what is missing. several MUST HAVES for an ego shooter not included, propably "too expansive" LMFAO!

Thank you sledgehammer!

KOHOne

in reply to KOHOne

KOHOne wrote:

You can do it there.

Also dedicated servers with no lags and correct ping display (actual ping numbers and not just red/yellow/green - like the battery of my mobile phone).

Its ridiculous, what is missing. several MUST HAVES for an ego shooter not included, propably "too expansive" LMFAO!

Thank you sledgehammer!

KOHOne wrote:

You can do it there.

Thank you sledgehammer!

Why is "Go play BF 1" always the answer?  Its a COMPLETLY different type of game and doe not play the way a COD does.  Many of us prefer the COD playstyle over the BF play style. 

RexxCastle

in reply to RexxCastle

Well,

he was asking for:

-server browser

-server filters

-server customize

-server rent

Battlefield has all of this.

COD has nothing of this.

I assume he wants to play a WW themed game

BF, also has a WW thematic, which is handled with much more awareness than COD WW2. Even the multiplayer gives you facts.

Also there is Battalion 1944. But i dont know about that game

So, he can either continue playing an ego shooter that is lacking of ESSENTIALS(!) and incredible cheater infested, or try battlefield.

But either way, nothing will happen ever, because they only care about money.

KOHOne

in reply to KOHOne
Dude do you even know what BF1 is? Or did you not even bother to read my post?

The rentable BF1 servers aren't real servers. You cannot fully customize them. You can only choose between pre-set options. You cannot create mods and custom maps for them. It's just garbage.
F1R3FLY111

in reply to F1R3FLY111

Yes i did read it.

But if u already know what u want and BF cannot offer it to you, then continue playing incomplete COD.

Furthermore u should then be clear about, what in ur oppinion "customize" means.

I thought u ment things like:

-available classes

-avaialble weapons

-friendly fire

-health regeneration

etc..

I dont know about mods and maps.

Because this are things u can do in BF.

In the end they will not change anything, not your mods & maps, not ur renting, nothing.

KOHOne

in reply to KOHOne
I said mods and maps clearly.
and if you dont know what i mean with that, then that's clear proof of how games started to suck more and more over the years.
F1R3FLY111
Highlighted

in reply to F1R3FLY111
Both of you have good points. The game that would've met in the middle was Homefront, but it was a bit underdeveloped and THQ went under. However, it had a concept between COD and BF that was really popular (bigger than new CODs, but not BF, vehicles, killstreaks you can buy I think, and a bounty can be placed on the player that has a huge killing spree). I like BF1 a lot, and it has movement like COD as well, but it can be a bit too big for some people (fine for me). The biggest I'd prefer a COD map is Outskirts from CODWAW. That's probably the biggest map in all of COD, probably comparable to the smallest BF map haha, but it's great. I think I know why these COD devs fear dedi servers (I did some research recently and found old articles and it's bad - they got spooked), but there has to be some way they could bring back true dedi servers. COD on PC sucks with every new COD game. Played COD4 for years before settling on CODWAW and getting others to purchase the game. It's the last COD that you can have a custom player count on, which makes it very enjoyable. The players on the servers say WAW's multiplayer is better than CODWWII and I can easily see why.

I hope another 'Homefront', another game can meet in the middle. It's open for the taking right now and a company with a good budget can take advantage of that space. Heck, I'd even take another Medal Of Honor retry IF they try that idea of meeting in the middle, blending both. Battalion 1944 probably isn't what you want. For now, BF1 comes the closest in doing everything new CODs don't.

ALSO, look how crazy this forum looks compared to the console forums. Look what they complain about and look what we complain about you'll be shaking your head lol
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLv5rsgH8M6e1TwOry9sPEQ
PDE_PaulKersey

Studios