Request for offline mode

World War II PS4

I would like to request that the weapons you have unlocked from the multiplayer, to be unlocked in offline mode, or just unlock them all for offline mode, as it won't interfere with no one else experience in the game anyway.

As is now, it requires PS+ to have access to stuff you spent time and money to unlock, and that's not cool.

A fix for this would be extremely appreciated

Alex475
8 REPLIES 8

I agree 100% and have requested the same thing for years. It'll never happen though, COD titles are designed as online games and as such require online numbers to show the titles popularity. I also think we as offline players are rare and the developer only invests money where the player base is.

Goresh14

As a PS3 player, I wouldn't mind, but I'm just tired of wasting money on PS+, and this companies seems to be trying to force that on people. For those who find a justification for it, I don't even know what to say, but for me it's just another scam with absolutely no other reason than to extort people.

As you say, they want people playing to promote the game, but so is friends list, if I'm playing a game, all of my friends can see what I'm playing. To me, I think that works better than numbers that can be manipulated, inside the game itself, because only those people playing have access to see it.

I have a huge friends list, it's being a long time since I saw someone playing this game.

So for example, Monster Hunter World for instance, since the Witcher 3 event in that game a few weeks ago, I started playing it again, and I can tell you that a lot of people in my friends list came back to the game as well, maybe they wanted to see if there was something new or maybe just remembered that game, I'm not saying I directly promoted it but sometimes, only by seeing what others are playing, most certain people might find interest in revisit the game, as I have done in the past when I saw people in my list play Resident Evil crap or ESO or any other game I also had or sometimes just bought to check it out.

So a friend's list, in my opinion works a lot better in promoting a game, than a hidden number in the game itself, if they're not playing the game, they'll never going to see it. 

Alex475

Another example would be Call of Duty Ghosts, I played that game again a few months ago, to get the platinum on it, a few days later I saw a few people in my friends list play the game again.

So now, you guys at Activision know who were the 5 people playing that game again a few months ago, lol

Alex475

I'm rather curious as to why we have maps that can only be used online. I'm guessing the next thing the dev's will drop is the offline mode for future COD titles. The fact they dropped campaign in BO4 was the sole reason I skipped that title and if this is the new norm my COD days end at World War II.

Goresh14

To be honest, the only reason I even bought this Call of Duty, was solely for the WWII setting, otherwise I ain't bother myself with CoD games anymore, (specially the futuristic crap) so for them dropping single player was just the final nail in their coffin... Hell, for more interest in WWII setting games that I have, I couldn't justify the purchase of their competitors Battlefield 5, even though the mission from the German perspective, is quite interesting and one I have been looking forward in a long long time, but the whole single player campaign is just abysmally short. In simple words, a game without single player, is just a quarter of a game, only brainwashed people fall for it.

But I confess, even with the campaign in Battlefield 5 being so short, I still feel tempted in buying it, only because of that mission from the German perspective, if only they had an offline mode as well as in CoD WWII, and I would be playing the game already.

I don't hate multiplayer, but chaotic gameplay gets old fast for me, so dropping offline mode, they only hurt themselves, because there are a lot of people who thinks like I do.

Alex475

I decided to replay the campaign yesterday and had completely forgot how enjoyable it is to play. The developers should be really proud of the work in this game and I really hope it's decided to continue with the single player game modes. Losing this part of the game in BO4 was a massive mistake imho.

Goresh14
A lot of people moan and groan about how the game is broke with shotguns, snipers and penetration kills. (It is not broken, up your skill level) When they say "this game" they mean online multiplayer. This game is a campaign, zombies, AND multiplayer, (and offline). So even if they are right and they say multiplayer is broke (because of their low skill), the campaign and Zombies are great. 2/3 awesome even for noobs and try hards!
sharkerboi

@sharkerboi wrote:
A lot of people moan and groan about how the game is broke with shotguns, snipers and penetration kills. (It is not broken, up your skill level) When they say "this game" they mean online multiplayer. This game is a campaign, zombies, AND multiplayer, (and offline). So even if they are right and they say multiplayer is broke (because of their low skill), the campaign and Zombies are great. 2/3 awesome even for noobs and try hards!

I'm not quite sure what content your post have, to add to the thread request, to me it seems just like another "git gud" type of nerd stuff, with absolutely anything useful to add to the thread request.

The thread content is a "REQUEST" for the weapons we unlocked online to be available "OFFLINE", or straight up unlock everything for "OFFLINE" mode, many factors can contribute to ones need to have the stuff unlocked in offline mode, people might not have good Internet, might not want to keep WASTING money on PS+, PSN might go down for days, maybe even months, either way, try reading carefully a thread's content next time, before making yourself look silly typing nerd stuff

Alex475

Studios