Digital Xbox one game won’t load up

World War II Xbox One

Re: Digital Xbox one game won’t load up

in reply to Dazedcentaur3001

Hey Dazed,

Have you tried a hard reset like I suggested above?

Elany
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

in reply to IcedxWolf39

So here is what I did and dealing with failed starts.  Since I had another console (Xbox One X), I thought I'd try booting up my profile on that one.  I reinstalled the game, that's right all 54.6 gigs of it.  Things worked and I was able to get on however, my XP and all that stuff was incorrect .  I did not care as I just wanted to play but. . .

So I went back to my original console and I hooked up my usb hard drive and transferred games I wanted to keep to external storage.  I turned off the console and disconnected the hard drive.

Then I reset the console.  I didn't wipe it out entirely as I used the option that I wanted it to recognize my gamer tag.  Since I purchased the game digitally, I was able to reinstall the game.  This time however, it after loading all my statsm, XP, stats,  and records came up correctly.  I played for 2 hours uninterrupted.  

I think that somehow with all the updates since I loaded the game in November, the game became corrupted.  Maybe an update file didn't finish installing.  I did all the other things like clearing the cache and it didn't work.  In summary, it just might be best to dump the game and reinstall it fresh.  This is the first time since I have had an Xbox (all the way back to the orignial Xbox) that I had to reset and reinstall a game because of being unable to play it.  I hope this helps.

New Stuff

in reply to New Stuff

I got it to work, what I did was hard reset my xbox (unpluged it from the wall) while the game was open. I then loaded up ht egame again and it is now working, thanks everyone for all of your help and advise, ill keep you posted if anything new happens!

IcedxWolf39

in reply to IcedxWolf39

That is a hard reset what I did was set up the Xbox as New then reloaded the "digital" game since it was ordered online and as such there was no actual disc to speak of.

New Stuff

Studios