I can't play any more

SOLVED

World War II Xbox One

I can't play any more

Long time fan of COD but I can't play this multiplayer any more.  The freaking game is broken.  And I can't put my finger on the problem.  It is like a lag of some sort.  Open fire on somebody and while I am shooting at them with my LMG I see them physically move out of the way of my firing, even though I opened fire first. Return fire and headshot me with an SMG at distance.  All while I have continious fire locked on them.    My aim isn't that bad, I aim down the sights.   And there is some serious animation issues if you use an LMG and a sight.  The firing of the gun slows down on the screen, doesn't happen with Iron sights.

Freaking game is broken, great game if you want to rock an SMG/Shotgun or No-Scope somebody.  Basically favours run and gun above all else.  Which is shame, COD historically caters for all type of players.  But this stuff is broke on so many levels.  I camp, I sit in corners, I aim at things which the majority of your run and gun crowed shoot from the hip.  And I don't like to die, above all else I don't like to die.  My average match ratio is something rubbish like 7/7 if that.   I am rocking a KD or 1.4 or something, which is dire for me.  And most of my kills are coming from mines. I don't mind being killed by players with skill but this stuff is just dire.   I am either killed by other peoples lag, or weird stuff happens that makes absolutly no sense.

I am running on Xbox One X and notice straight away the visuals enhancements are killing me on multiplayer performance.  I need a graphical downgrade option, I would sooner have performance over visuals.  Proven this by playing on my original Xbox and the game runs better but even then there are still strange issues happening. 

I like COD been a fan for a long time.  But people are killing me too easy.  If it was skill I wouldn't mind, I don't mind not winning.  It is almost like an input lag and I would think it was my TV but other multiplayer games are fine.  And I have been playing since launch and this is just getting worse.

Something needs to be done, balance/performance or something.  I don't know what.  But I can't play this game.  It is not that I don't like it, it is I just don't get it.  I feel aggrieved when I am dying, not turning around and saying 'great shot' I deserved that.  I am looking thinking WTF most of the time.  Checking peoples ping, see if they are lagging or whatever.  Something is wrong I don't know what it is ... but I am going to go play something where I don't feel like something beyond my control is causing me to get killed...

Fallen40
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I can't play any more

in reply to Zionative
Solution

I thought the Resistance update would possibly sort a few issue out.  Well just tried the game and it is still the same.   Fine, uninstalled the game.  That is me done with COD. 

Fallen40
15 REPLIES
Highlighted

in reply to Fallen40

@Fallen40 wrote:

Something needs to be done, balance/performance or something.  I don't know what.  But I can't play this game.  It is not that I don't like it, it is I just don't get it.  I feel aggrieved when I am dying, not turning around and saying 'great shot' I deserved that.  I am looking thinking WTF most of the time.  Checking peoples ping, see if they are lagging or whatever.  Something is wrong I don't know what it is ...

Great post, in particular this last paragraph, It's exactly how I am now, I just leave the game when "It doesn't feel right"  sod the win/loss ratio

Gat_Decor

in reply to Gat_Decor

Yes, this game is weird. I disagree it favors runners. I try all sorts of styles and lose, even camping. I notice first, shoot first die first. The TTK is awful and most guns, snipers aside have the range of a shotgun. I can only see it favoring runners if they are on the favoring end of the lag, lag comp, latency, hit detection, whatever the hell it is.

Sound whoring is worthless. I only the loud ass steps of my teammates and it sounds like they are to the right of me even if they are on the left and I have a turle beach headset. So the footsteps are frequently deceptive, excluding all the loud background battle noise. Every map a tiny ass three lane map does not help.

arapahoepark

in reply to arapahoepark

It is similar to ghosts where I have to change my play style to semi camper except for the exact opposite reasons. I ended up actually liking ghosts. If I will end up liking this one I do not know.

arapahoepark

in reply to arapahoepark

I tried adapting my playstyle to run/gun etc.  Just not me.  But I did notice that SMG almost aims itself.  Don't worry about aiming the thing, just fire as soon as you see somebody and job done.

Overall with it not playing as I would expect,  plus no-scoping and bunny hopping, I am just fed up with the game.  I have a season pass and everything, but I am just going to shelve it.    Perhaps check back after a few updates.  But something is wrong with this game and that something is more noticeable on the Xbox One X (which I am sure is something to do with visual fidelty).   Played Destiny 2 and BF1 (I hate that game) tonight and they just work as you would expect.  So have to get my multiplayer fix elsewhere I think. 

Fallen40

in reply to Fallen40

Running a Xbox One X also. Seeing the same thing you are. It's like the enemy recieves my position yet thier information is delayed. So I'm dead even before I've completed aiming.  So I started experimenting yesterday with my network connection. So I rolled back all the 'recommended' settings except for QOS. Or SQM in my case. So removed my box from the DMZ. No port forwarding. Just UPnP. Removed the network cable and connected it to the 5Ghz wireless. So now my nat is moderate and I added 10 to 15 ms to the Xbox latency. This shouldn't have made any significant difference or it should have made it worse. Yet it didn't. Went from a 1.0 K/D to a 1.05 in a few games. Then I started experimenting with different configurations of wireless/wired/sqm...

But then I lost interest. It isn't worth my time messing with my connection trying to figure out what gives me the best performance in this one game. Instead I'm giving up and playing something else...

GunSHEEP

in reply to GunSHEEP

Nice to see it isn't just me. 

I don't know what it is to be honest.   It is weird the game just doesn't feel right in multiplayer.  Personally I beginning to think the aim assist is over-compensating.   Seen some end game kills were people are just moving the weapon from side to side and the gun is almost jumping from one target to the next.  The first few shots miss the target are way off the mark, then it zeros in on the target and takes them out.  

We have two aim assist options now and one of those being Aim Assist Rotation and the other Aim Assist Slowdown.  Don't remember us ever having two options on this, and I think these two combined are gifiting kills to people.   I know when I tested an SMG I was amazed at how easy it was to kill people mainly from hip-firing.  That always use to be very hit/miss - you would never normally win over from somebody aiming down the sights without the right perks etc enabled.

Anyway I think Aim Assist favors run and gun/no aiming sort of setup.  Especially Aim Assit Rotation - allows the sweep of the gun to bounce from one target to the next.  And the word Aim Assist Slowdown, the word 'Slowdown' worries me.   What exactly is happening here - is that slowdown on the aim too slow with certain weapons/setup ....

Again I don't know.   But typically with COD on a console you don't mess with the aim assist.  You just leave them on the default settings.  

Fallen40

in reply to Fallen40

what aim assist slow down is referring to is when you ADS and move you sights around as you drag across a target there is a slight slowdown in your movement, go into a private game with a friend and try this , you'll see what i mean , in past COD games i have often used this in hardcore mode to locate a target hiding behind cover.but in normal gameplay , you could turn it off and you likely won't even notice the difference. 

huricanechuck

in reply to Fallen40

Xbox One X has nothing to do with you not doing well. I play PC and One X, the graphics on the X are fine. A hiccup here and there but nothing major. I moved up from a standard Xbox and this game is FAR more playable on the one x than a standard one. I will say what I have seen to be an issue.. Lag compensation in this game seems far more out of control than other CODs in the past. Its seems the better your internet the more you are punished.  After upgrading to Gigabit internet I noticed a HUGE difference in how often what happened on my screen was WAY off on what happened on kill cam. There have been scenarios when after looking back at my xbox recording it seems like they were a full second in front of me. From my angle they would be facing away, id ADS and start firing, next thing you know they are turning around and i fall over dead. I see the kill cam and on there screen I was standing there with my soldiers finger up his nose looking at the sky while he proceeds to mow me down.

RexxCastle

in reply to RexxCastle

I'm just about done with this game now, over the past two days something has changed

I can't hit a barn door, if i do I'm dead before i get a couple of hits..

Gat_Decor

Studios