No-Scoping is it an exploit, and if so should we report players who are doing it?

World War II Xbox One

No-Scoping is it an exploit, and if so should we r...

No-Scoping to me seems to be an exploit of the aim-assist technology.   There doesn't seem to be any skill involved.  If it is an exploit should the offenders be reported or what?  If it isn't an exploit then what are support doing about it?  If it is an acceptable practice within the game then fine I won't bother playing because between this and bunny hopping players (why are people jumping???) it takes away any enjoyment of the game.

And there are some serious balance issues.  Shotguns have too much range and with Incendiary Ammo are way too overpowered.  LMG's are weak and they should be ripping people to shreds (Bren is fine but fire rate is a little too slow).  LMG's should have a power advantage because of the very slow reload times when people are vunerable etc.    SMGs are always in favour because that is the loadout for most people and seem more powerful than rifles which I don't get at all - they also appear to take full advantage of the aim assist while for other weapons it isn't so great.  I mean in the scheme of things an LMG medium distance, should easily outperform an SMG and should be on a par with a rifle.  As it stands medium distance, everything outperforms an LMG ... even a shotgun.   I can understand a Shotgun and SMG being good at short distances and Sniper rifles at long.   Medium range weapons seem screwed.   And I don't get why some of the rifles need say three shots to kill somebody when all they need is a scope fitting to become a Sniper Rifle.

Anyway back on topic.  No-Scoping report or not?

Fallen40
9 REPLIES

Re: No-Scoping is it an exploit, and if so should ...

in reply to Fallen40
Ok, i try to impersonate some of SHG/Activision answer: "Who cares? It's fun! CoD:WW2 is Master Race! So shut up and buy Season Pass & CoD Points!".
No seriously, i don't see reporting will change anything. It's there since day one and nothing has been done in any of the patches.
Nocheinaccount

in reply to Fallen40

Hell yeah man, I hate that *****. But i'm not sure what can be done, it's like a pseudo-loophole in FPS gaming. It's super annoying and definitely takes the fun out of a lot of matches. Usually if i see someone consistently racking 30+ kills and like 5 deaths I just leave the lobby. I guess technically engineers could change the firing on the sniper rifles where it won't shoot until x amount of time after pulling the scope up. Nothing wild, but whatever the fastest reaction time (real reaction time) of a person pulling the scope on a player and letting the image fill the screen. Because essentially quick scoping is centering your screen on a target knowing thats where your bullet will go, tapping the aim button and fired immediately after, no? So lengthen the time allowed between scope/fire maybe?

SqueekyCooCoo

in reply to SqueekyCooCoo

I am sure it can be fixed.  Just whether or not they want to fix it. 

I would like to see these guys pull off no-scoping without Aim Assist enabled.  That is what annoys me, it takes advantage/exploits the technology.   Already on Gustav Cannon map people just quit as soon as they see that map selected.  Because we all know what is going to happen.  And it is a good map, if people were not just sitting on top of the Cannon no-scoping everybody. 

Fallen40

in reply to Fallen40

@Fallen40 wrote:

I am sure it can be fixed.  Just whether or not they want to fix it. 

I would like to see these guys pull off no-scoping without Aim Assist enabled.  That is what annoys me, it takes advantage/exploits the technology.   Already on Gustav Cannon map people just quit as soon as they see that map selected.  Because we all know what is going to happen.  And it is a good map, if people were not just sitting on top of the Cannon no-scoping everybody. 

Its almost never been fixed in nearly 15 COD games, why would you think it would be now?  queerscoping isnt going anywhere.

RexxCastle

in reply to RexxCastle

@RexxCastle wrote:

Its almost never been fixed in nearly 15 COD games, why would you think it would be now?  queerscoping isnt going anywhere.

I have never known it be so bad.  At one time there did seem to be a little bit of skill involved in no-scoping (depending on your viewpoint).  You had to have the right settings/perks whatever.  Now anybody with a sniper rifle can do it quite easily.

Fallen40

in reply to Fallen40

The Kar98k and the M1903 don't have aim assist.

That's not just me saying that, it's a fact.

I think most people leave Gustav because of how slow paced and big the map is, at least that's why I don't play it.

There's no fixing it guys for one very simple reason... If a game has snipers in players will quickscope.

if anyone can think of some FPS games you %100 cannot quickscope on please let me know? 

RezoaK

in reply to RezoaK

@RezoaK wrote:

The Kar98k and the M1903 don't have aim assist.

That's not just me saying that, it's a fact.

I think most people leave Gustav because of how slow paced and big the map is, at least that's why I don't play it.

There's no fixing it guys for one very simple reason... If a game has snipers in players will quickscope.

if anyone can think of some FPS games you %100 cannot quickscope on please let me know? 

Unreal Tournament

Quake 3 Arena

There's 2 for you

and from this century - Destiny/Halo

Gat_Decor

in reply to RezoaK
BF1 is another , it can be done but it very difficult, because sniper rifles have a OHK sweetspot, any shot that is too close or to far may take 2 hits if its not a headshot, thus giving the other player a chance to react.
huricanechuck

in reply to huricanechuck
if anyone recalls the 1st black ops , the perk that allowed faster ADS time didn't work with scoped weapons,at first, but then after all the quickscopers whined,cried and complained, they changed it. which tells me that COD regardless of who the developers are , would rather cater to the 10% of the population who enjoy ruining the game for the other 90%.
huricanechuck

Studios