No one has/uses Mics

World War II Xbox One

No one has/uses Mics

Hey guys - is it just me or does no one seem to use mics anymore? 

I remember back in the days of MW, MW2, WaW and even Black Ops every game would have people chatting on mics - now the game is silent. Is this just me or am I missing something......even the annoying guy playing music down the mic who I always had to mute when I entered the lobby seems to have gone radio silent too! 

chaz 50no
13 REPLIES

Re: No one has/uses Mics

in reply to chaz 50no

I think people are tired of the vulgar and abusive conversation. Players are not helping each other but arguing and swearing at each other. Thats why I am not connected to mic. I mute everyone unless in a known party.

viper46

in reply to viper46

Fair enough. I must admit I haven't played online a huge amount over the past 3-4 years (real world resonsibilities kicked in!) but have been playing WW2 and I just noticed this difference from MW, MW2 and WaW (the main games I played back in the day). You used to be able to start an evening gaming session on your own or with a friend, chat, pick people up into your group and play for hours.

Sometimes you'd get the odd idiot/group who were abusive but you normally made it your objective to 'play them out of the lobby' with your mates (which you may have only made that night!). It created some great rivalries during an evening of gaming. Losing and going heavily negative 7 or 8 games on the bounce tended to quieten down the abusers!! And if it didn't you could always drop out and find another lobby. It was all part of the fun! 

Shame...I used to enjoy that part of the game.

chaz 50no

in reply to chaz 50no

Long time headset user here and older (49) player. Started late with COD MW, retired from COD during Ghosts to play World of Tanks (WoT) on 360 because COD is just not like what it used to me when they start having futuristic weapons. Came back to WW2 while still involves in WoT Console since I am a supertester in that.

Famous 1st line in WoT (15 vs 15) is usually "anyone got a mic?". That person usually get muted by me immediately because it is usually some kid or someone with a kid voice asking. I will leave my mic off until usually late game when the real players are the only one still alive.

Talkers in online games are usually foul mouths, whinners, music lovers, kids pretending to be adult, XBL party forgot to turn on party-chat, etc. 90%+ of the talks have nothing to do with the current game. They will get the mute from me when they start talking. I don't want to hear what you and your friends did today, don't care so STFU (shut the F up).

When the HQ was full of people on first couple of days. It was annoying to hear all these people talking about their lives. You cannot mute them there, you have to wait until you get in a game to use Mute All. If you want to talk with friends while playing, invite them to a party and turn on party-chat.

dcr66

in reply to dcr66

Reason is i just want to play the game and not talking about my daily life who no one has interest in or coughing or making other random noises in it. If you are in a party i can understand but when alone like really shove that mic where the sun does not shine.

Cause mostly it is a kid who barely can even speak properly cuz his parents just took kids too attentionwhore "i have kid so cute me so special" and then they don't care to raise the brat properly. Or some teenager and/or adults coughing or talking to his family or whatever or listening to some garbage music. These days mics are being used by attention seekers and just plain morrons, the ones actual being tactical on mic are seem to be basicly less then 5%.

JeroenXP1

in reply to chaz 50no

It's very rare for anyone to say usefull things either in the game or in the headquarters. In-game chatter is usually one person calling his team degrading names and just generally complaining. While I understand the frustration at the total lack of teamwork at times, attempting to get people to work together by resorting to name calling is counter productive. I often get frustrated at how a "team" will scatter and not work together. But bullying behaviour doesn't help. The most offensive talker though is the one who degrades players due to their lack of skill. People are going to be at all sorts of skill levels. Some of us are really bad and some are really good and everything in between. But, the common thread is, everyone is doing their best and just trying to have fun playing a game. But, that's life isn't it. Bullies are everywhere. In headquarters I often hear people giving advise, getting together in games and having fun. But, that's unusual. Normally it's an open mic with screaming kids, bad music and loud breathing. Sad.

Jaysblues

in reply to chaz 50no

I've got a mic. I find the callouts etc helpful and the chatter keeps the game interesting for me. Good way to find people to party up with. Partied up teams will miss almost always beat random filled lobbies.

DieselPlower

in reply to DieselPlower

Yeah, I find it a bit annoying.

I play HC TDM mostly, that is TEAM Deathmatch, you cant play as a team if you dont communicate.

If your calling in an artillery barrage it is a good idea to let your team know where so they dont run in and get you kicked.

I always make callouts and a lot of time I will suddenly hear someone else start as well and usually a couple more, then we start to improve our score.

When I'm playing with the mates, we always make callouts and win more games than we lose.  

Salamanda-Sai

in reply to DieselPlower
I feel the exact same way. I have always noticed that when your able to communicate with others you play better. Getting a heads up of where teammates have encounted the enemy gives you and idea of which way they are going or where they might appear next. Plus less team killing because you teammate tells you that he/she is coming up behind you or is on your right or left flank. then when a teammate gets killed he lets you know so you can get the heads up so that your not the next victim. I hate it when another player has a mic but doesn't say anything until the game is over, and then when you look at the final K/D score sheet and you see that they where on your team. That I find is really Frustrating. Plus when you get a lobby with a lot of players using Mics it does make the game a lot more fun.
BlastAustin06

in reply to DieselPlower

@DieselPlower wrote:

I've got a mic. I find the callouts etc helpful and the chatter keeps the game interesting for me. Good way to find people to party up with. Partied up teams will miss almost always beat random filled lobbies.

I agree. It's helpful when a team member tells me there's a camper hiding somewhere, or if I can help other team members. IMO you can tell a team is using mics when they blow through a mission (I mostly play War)

SeniorStatesman

Studios