Project Scorpio

World War II Xbox One

who's excited to see this years call of duty on the scorpio?

PC Call Of Duty Gamer
TruVetCommando
13 REPLIES 13
in reply to TruVetCommando

@TruVetCommando wrote:

who's excited to see this years call of duty on the scorpio?

can you link me the official announcement its going to be on scorpio please

Maccabi Level 75

It should. I thought MS built Scorpio to be fully compatible with regular xones, as in, it's the same generation just a much more powerful machine. I guess in teh end the devs need to optomize the games for it to truely get your money's worth. 

ZvErS

@ZvErS wrote:

It should. I thought MS built Scorpio to be fully compatible with regular xones, as in, it's the same generation just a much more powerful machine. I guess in teh end the devs need to optomize the games for it to truely get your money's worth. 

its not a matter of being compatible, the devs would need to make totally different graphic assets for a 4k game, the file sizes for the game would be far higher, while im sure its going to be on the scorpio ( not officially announced)  theres a good chance MS might be funny about it esp as they lost the exclusivity deal to sony so may put extra demands on the publishers to make sure the games look/work well on launch.

Other thing is the question did atvi consider it worth spending a ton of dev money on a new console that might not sell that well on release due to price and the fact additional purchases to get the best out of it would be required

Maccabi Level 75

In theory this shouldn't be an issue, they should be able to port the PC version to the Xbox version with minimal work, due to the fact it will already have the 4K assests on the PC version and the console will be running Windows 10 with DirectX 12.

These are a couple of good articles on what the Scorpio should be able to do, including improving gameplay and graphics for Xbox One games and even Xbox 360 games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-project-scorpio-tech-revealed

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-06-project-scorpio-explained

Hopefully they will provide more information at the E3 reveal in June. But all I can say is, I hope the Scorpio lives up to it's expectations Smiley Happy

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator
Moderator Moderator

@tracy wrote:

In theory this shouldn't be an issue, they should be able to port the PC version to the Xbox version with minimal work, due to the fact it will already have the 4K assests on the PC version and the console will be running Windows 10 with DirectX 12.

These are a couple of good articles on what the Scorpio should be able to do, including improving gameplay and graphics for Xbox One games and even Xbox 360 games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-project-scorpio-tech-revealed

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-06-project-scorpio-explained

Hopefully they will provide more information at the E3 reveal in June. But all I can say is, I hope the Scorpio lives up to it's expectations Smiley Happy 

oh look at you getting all technobabble ,you've been swotting up omg !! so thats what you were doing in the evening when we were all in the bar Smiley Wink

I think you're right on that whole port from pc , but i dod think there will have to be some tinkering still as although the scorpio is going to be quite the power house its still nowhere near top specced pcs, ie the ones they run the vertical slices on for trailers ect .

as for expectations i bought a day one xb1  mine are low 

Maccabi Level 75
in reply to TruVetCommando

I'm looking forward to going 4K with the Scorpio... just need a monitor and some native 4K games.

I've got the One S, but haven't got a 4K/HDR screen to utilize it. 

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75
in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

We've got a Day One Xbox One, were lucky enough to get it with Forza instead of Fifa Smiley Wink Which is now in the kids room as a second console for me to access, as the kids are currently not around Smiley Very Happy

Then we upgraded to the Xbox One S, got the Gears of War 4 Edition, to match the 360 Gears console we also have.

Then invested in a 4K HDR TV, got to say, it does make a difference. Can't wait to see and play some games in 4K Smiley Happy

Don't love the Xbox franchise at all, that's why we've only got 4 in total, soon to be 5 when Scorpio releases.

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator
Moderator Moderator

I was thinking the same thing. No doubt I'll be suckered into Scorpio when its relesed. My actual hope was some kind of limited edition WW2 bundle with a console / controller skin but I think its safe to assume that stuff like that will be exclusive to PS4 if Activision has linked up with Sony again. Like folks have said, counting the days till E3 annoucements. 

RalphMalphFTW
Highlighted
in reply to RalphMalphFTW

My hopes are that i can go out and buy the Xbox Scorpio and a Oculus Rift and plug it right into the Scorpio

KenSavage76

Studios