Project Scorpio

World War II Xbox One

Looking forward to finding out tomorrow... https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/873555400494374913

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75
Highlighted
in reply to TruVetCommando

That 499.00 price tag is pretty disappointing. The entire reveal, I thought, was disappointing. 

The main selling point seems to be the graphic output at 4k, despite the fact most people do not have a 4k monitor or television. I did read about the sampling to upscale output for non 4k televisions, but this just raised more questions than it answered. 

Then to announce that the Xbox one x will still support backwards compatible 360 titles that are available on the Xbox one just seemed silly. It's almost like a half-hearted push for the best graphics. I'm not going to spend a thousand dollars for a tv that displays 4k content when my cable provider still doesn't have a full 4k lineup yet. I then certainly cant justify spending 500 dollars on a console that would require me to spend 1000 dollars to see it's full capabilities. Spending more money because they of money spent is backwards thinking. Then again, Microsoft seems dedicated to the backwards operation of things. 

And I really wanted to like this console.

mygamertagsucks Level 75
in reply to mygamertagsucks

I found the briefing to be be underwhelming although I am going to get the Xbox X and a 4k display by the end of the year (i was going to get one last year with the S but waited). I want to be prepared for native 4k games that interest me as well as movies.

The price does not surprise me at all. The Xbox One was the same price 4 years ago. As far as backward compatability with the older console games.... not interested either.

There were only two games that interested me and that was Metro and Anthem. I'm not sold on them yet but will be keeping my eye out. Games that weren't in the briefing but am looking forward to are Wolfenstein, Strange Brigade, FarCry5, and of course WWII.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75
in reply to mygamertagsucks

4K tv's are cheaper than they were years ago. I got a 55" 4K for only $180 when it was on sale late 2016, never had an issue. You can get a non name brand 4k TV for $200-400 on amazon/walmart/best buy

Beirut420

Studios