Question regarding game sizes

World War II Xbox One

Hopefully someone from activision/players who have had access can confirm/deny/see this as a suggestion.

What is the largest game size? From what I have seen, the largest is 6v6, yet the HQ holds 48. So does that entail the largest game size will be 24 vs 24, or smaller?

If no, why not? New console coming, way more power to work with, game sizes could easily accomodate say 30+ players per team for a real war feel. Battlefield has 32 vs 32. Elder Scrolls Online can even do 200 vs 200 vs 200 in PVP.

The game will still be fun, but with just 6v6 or even 12v12 it'll be a repeat of any other call of duty game I can go on and get into a run and gun match that has no coordination. Personally to me that isn't as fun, some will agree, some will disagree. With the new game coming and the better graphics, if they were take advantage of this to get a large scale battle mode, that would be a great selling point. Your selling point is the authenticity and graphic quality, but with a small game, it doesn't fit the goal you're going for. I find it hard to even get back into MW:RM because it's the same thing as any other game.

Hopefully this will be something already in the game, or possible future content. Otherwise, hate to say but I'll probably find myself going back to BF1/BF4.

Beirut420
7 REPLIES 7

Thier game engine could barely handle flying debris on the new console in IW, no way it can handle 24x24 players. It was hype a BS probably so the youtubers could click bait to get more views. You can probably count on the game performance bring exact same so expect 6v6 for the most part.

MurkBeserk Level 75
activision please listen to us , larger maps please !!! like battlefield 1 for real war ,not 100 x 100 meters playground
josoug

I would even be happy with 24v24 if the size is right, preferable number would be 32v32 to match BF1. I like small games now and then, but I also want to "fight a war" which is why I was instantly hooked on BF4/BF1 with their map sizes, it's incredibly fun. With the new console coming out, I would hope they can at least do that. BF1 managed to with vehicles and destructible environments.

Hopefully they'll take this into consideration. If not and the biggest game size is 6v6, or even 12v12, going to be disappointed. At least the campaign will be fun.

Beirut420

Yeah agreed. It's definitely not looking promising for anything other than 6V6 - except the HQ lobby thing. I'd be really happy if it was even just 12V12 just to change it up a bit. The 6V6 format has been around a looong time now and the hardware has come so far in that time it should be doable. Fingers crossed . . .

Beerhump

I'm intriged as CODWW2 will have confimed vehicles to drive so i wonder if there will be specific large made maps to incorperate this

LUCKYSMILYFACE7

Hopefully they will have a bigger game mode. If its biggest is 6v6, or even 12v12, I'll get it for the campaign, multiplayer a bit, but BF1 will still be way more fun from the size of the battles and vehicles. I don't get why they don't want to at least add a bigger game mode for bigger maps. They have a game mode titled "War" but it's basically a small version of rush with a tank you follow. There's no downside to adding 1 big game mode. Sure others will be upset, and if you're that type of player then don't play that mode, simple. Some of us want the bigger wars, not small run and gun nonsense.

Bigger game mode please (hopefully devs read these forums)

Beirut420

They need to take a page from the new upcoming game "Hell Let Loose". They're everything COd WW2 should have been.

Beirut420

Studios