Why do I have trouble killing players with bad connections? 2-3 RED bars

World War II Xbox One

Why do I have trouble killing players with bad con...

I have an internet connection with 140mbps download and 40mbps uploads with 38ms ping times, open NAT and full GREEN bars in game.  All of this is verfied with the network test on Xbox One yet I have trouble killing opponents that have 2-3 RED bars in game.  It also appears these people with 2-3 RED bars are consistantly finishing in the top 3 if not number 1 but their KDR shows they are mediocre players at best.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Sk3w3r3d
12 REPLIES

Re: Why do I have trouble killing players with bad...

in reply to Sk3w3r3d

You can't shoot them because you're shooting where you think they are but really they are 15 feet away and around a corner.

DieselPlower

in reply to Sk3w3r3d

I posted something very similar to this post this morning. It has become very common in HC FFA to have this happen since the new DLC. There was occasional lag before in some lobbies, but for me,  since downloading the new maps I'm in lobbies with 3 orange bar or two red bar players about 50% of the time now. They oddly enough seem to have an extreme lag advantage, they don't jitter across the screen they ( on my screen) appear to shoot around corners, shoot you with their guns pointed at the ground and take multiple hit markers in HC and more times than not, finish in the top three as you said. Could be the matchmaking, could be a lot of things, but it's making the game tiresome rather than fun, thats for sure.

grumpy26

in reply to grumpy26

Ever since the last update earlier this week, this game has become UNPLAYABLE.  I'm in the same boat.  200 MB download connection, hardwired to the modem, full connection...and I've watched myself unload a volley of bullets into a target only to be killed in a shot or two.  Watched the kill cam, and it doesn't even resemble what I just saw on my screen.  Targets are skipping around on the screen like glitchy phantoms.

And despite what some users say about it being our imaginations or skill, I firmly believe that Sledgehammer screws with the weapon balancing on a regular basis.  Every time they issue an update, my loadouts handle completely different.  The one from two weeks ago seemed to work great, and I noticed a definite drop in Quickscopers.  Now, the BAR has wild recoil, the combat shotgun's range is nerfed, and Quickscopers are more prevalent again.

I'm done.

When I started playing WW2, I really thought all this garbage had been ironed out (I'd been on a COD hiatus for several years), but this has gotten beyond ridiculous.  It's a totally different experience every week, and I'm done trying to figure out what they've screwed around with in the gameplay.  Sadly, I already wasted money on the DLC pack.

Oh well.  Lesson learned.  Activision can take this game--and BLACK OPS 4--and stick it.

RebelT5_0715

in reply to RebelT5_0715

Wow, 200 megs, wish i could get that where i live, all i have is 37megs,, although my latency only says each time i switch on ,anything between 17 to 25. i have very little chance for the most part on a gun on gun confrontation, fraustrating it certainly is, especially players who seem to be rubber banding all over the map and always seem to have the upper hand, well in my case anyway.

indy56

in reply to indy56

@indy56wrote:

Wow, 200 megs, wish i could get that where i live, all i have is 37megs,, although my latency only says each time i switch on ,anything between 17 to 25. i have very little chance for the most part on a gun on gun confrontation, fraustrating it certainly is, especially players who seem to be rubber banding all over the map and always seem to have the upper hand, well in my case anyway.

Dude, 25 mps? That's a small step above dialup, I can only imagine the quality of the line if that's the best. There's nothing a developer can do to fix that, lag threads for years to come.

zingaa

in reply to Sk3w3r3d

@Sk3w3r3dwrote:

I have an internet connection with 140mbps download and 40mbps uploads with 38ms ping times, open NAT and full GREEN bars in game.  All of this is verfied with the network test on Xbox One yet I have trouble killing opponents that have 2-3 RED bars in game.  It also appears these people with 2-3 RED bars are consistantly finishing in the top 3 if not number 1 but their KDR shows they are mediocre players at best.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

That 140 down 40 up, is that what the ISP telling you? Or that is what you get by using Speedtest.net with a computer connected the same way as you Xbox. A ping of 38ms sounds like you are connected via Wi-Fi. You will way better ping if you hardwired the Xbox with an Ethernet cable to the router. High Ping means lag in gaming.

For me I play Hardcore only. My package supposed to give me 150 down and 50 up, the actual reading is shown on my avatar. My connection is Fiber-to-the-Home, my gateway is in my computer room (ISP ran an outdoor ethernet cable from basement Optical Network Terminal to my computer room upstairs). Hardwired my Xbox in the same room with a short cable.

dcr66

in reply to dcr66

Thank you for the response.  My Xbox One is connected via gigabit ethernet connection to a gigabit port on my router with cat6e cabeling all through the house.  The actual speeds I am getting on my laptop, don't have a hardwired computer connection, is currently this 173 down 10.55 up and 8ms ping time and that is wireless on a 5GHz connection.  The speeds I posted were to the xboxlive servers when running the detailed network test.  Everything is open and no issues shown.  I even put my xbox in a DMZ on the router.  Still have the issues killing players that show up with red bars.  Everyone else I hit just fine and I never have issues connecting to games.  Also, it never fails that the kill cam shows me not even getting a shot off or that I wasn't looking at them when they killed me.  Doesn't make sense.Screenshot 2018-03-09 23.41.27.png

Sk3w3r3d

in reply to Sk3w3r3d

If I do a Xbox Live speed test it reads: 192.25 mpbs down, 58.39 mpbs up, 32ms ping. None of your stats suggest the issue is on your setup

If you play Core up til now, maybe give Hardcore a try. 

dcr66

in reply to dcr66

The problem is the reverse of your thinking. The machines with the good connection have to wait for the bad ones. Milliseconds are huge  so your shooting at air.

Also the good connections can become host machines. Not always   But then the  problem get real bad. You know the game where you cant kill anyone. 

Bashkof

Studios