Broken Leaderboards bad omen

World War II Zombies Forum

Many people on my friends list like myself have had their leaderboards just stop updating. The fact that Sledgehammer has not fixed the bug in the leaderboards is a bad sign. I'm not a game programmer but I am in IT and the leaderboards is a very basic display of table data from a database. The fact that it shows the correct stats on your Dossier and correct rank in the lobbies is proof that the data is being written to the DB and that it can be read from the DB. What this means is that the broken code is limited to displaying correct output to a table view of rows and columns.

Of all the bug fixes, this is probably one of the simplest. It's not complex game play or graphics coding, it's simple read/write of rows and columns.

Activision and Sledgehammer must have so little concern for the dedicated competitive zombie players that a simple lunch break fix doesn't even register. This doesn't bode well for the future of zombies with WW2 in my opinion. After about BO1 Treyarch realized the huge fanbase zombies had and was pretty quick to address an uproar in the community. The fact that a simple ranking/progress list is ignored tells me that Sledgehammer hasn't got it.

Throw in the prestige supply drop bug, the loss of xp for disconnect, the fact we don't get any zombie specific challenges, our prestige emblems are red knockoffs of MP and that we don't really get squat for prestige'ing. It all shows a lack of regard for the zombie only fans.

I'm not a youtuber and not a grinder. I play zombies for the personal satisfaction. A huge part of that personal satisfaction is being better than others on stats. In BO3 I was a prestige master 1000 and in the top 1k on many stats. Having no leaderboards or in this case, a broken leaderboard removes a huge part of the motivation to spend hours playing. Having to down myself at level 30-40 for fear of losing xp removes the satisfaction of high rounds.

Sledgehammer is running off loyal customers and they either don't recognize it or don't care. I'm stuck at Lvl 35 on the leaderboards, stuck at 45 by choice because of the supply drop bug and stuck at max high rounds of about 30-40 because of the xp bug. So, Sledgehammer...why should I play? Better yet, why should I ever spend $100 on your games again?

USarmyvet
11 REPLIES 11

So true..

iiZombiesHDx

Agree totally but what I don’t understand is I am being overtaken on the leaderboard by players who are prestige so why does it work for some and not others. 

clay2k10

@clay2k10 wrote:

Agree totally but what I don’t understand is I am being overtaken on the leaderboard by players who are prestige so why does it work for some and not others. 

Could be random, could be triggered by some acheivment. I played with a friend a week before my leaderboard stuck at 35 and he was stuck at 38. That was the first I'd heard of it. 

Like I said, I'm no game programmer but the data is being recorded because our Dossier is accurate. The problem is between the actual stats (in a DB) and the code that displays the leaderboards. Displaying rows and columns from a DB to a screen is not complex coding.

Personally, I feel like the leaderboards were not really a finished product when this launched, it may still be a work in progress. Where's the high round data? What about map specific data?

USarmyvet

I noticed the same thing so tried all sorts of games/modes to see if it would work but too no avail. what a shambles tbh dont think i will be investing in another sledgehammer game anytime soon. Friggin wasting my time ffs

herethis

Stuck at level 41 on Leaderboards, but yet I am Prestige 3 Lvl 29. Oh boy! I refuse to play Public Game Zombies because it was deducting my XP Boost from my Multiplayer. 

Dcollins85

Hate to say I told you so...but the signs were there.

So, we've had 2 major updates on the 21st and 29th and they list a ton of MP fixes and even claim a couple of zombie fixes that are still being reported as broken (Supply Drops). But...not a peep about the zombie leaderboards. They still don't give a ***** about something as simple as a scoreboard.

I think I'll level up to get all the attachments and go for a couple of characters but that's it for me till they show some love for the game.

USarmyvet

I have same problem with leaderboards freezing also have earned countless amount of supply drops and get 0, they want us gamers to line there pockets even more by visiting quarter master and purchasing cod points it seems like its the only thing they can get rite because they are greedy and all we get in return is faults in our games at every turn....

chook7989

@chook7989 wrote:

I have same problem with leaderboards freezing also have earned countless amount of supply drops and get 0, they want us gamers to line there pockets even more by visiting quarter master and purchasing cod points it seems like its the only thing they can get rite because they are greedy and all we get in return is faults in our games at every turn....

Not buying anything from Activision this xmas. I have a 13 yo gamer in the house and I used to give him cod points all the time, buy cod gear for xmas...not buying him any cod points or gear. Implimenting supply drop purchases on the 21st but not fixing earned drops says all I need to hear. 

USarmyvet

I've been saying it....haven't I been it saying it ....oh sorry independence day reference...great movie btw...oh hey when it came out they didn't ask paying customer to wait till we get our movie right either...lol

Studios