World at War Forum

in reply to ClubPenguin05
the reload times would never make for a more strategic game, definitely not for everyone

sorry run and gunners!
NeonChrist1
Maybe break from the FPS format and make it a real-time strategy game. Not as popular of a genre as FPS but still good.
ClubPenguin05

ClubPenguin05 wrote:

Maybe break from the FPS format and make it a real-time strategy game. Not as popular of a genre as FPS but still good.

Yeah, maybe make two seperate games, the RTS by Treyarch, and the FPS by IW, they'd have the same storyline, but different ways of playing.

Gl3nny wrote:

Like i would like that... i dont like france and neither does 90% of t3h w0rldz. but i f*cking laughed about Follow zat crazy b1tch xD how about this: NO MORE HISTORY GAMEZZZ. there are like 1000 WW2 and vietnam warfare games.. and IW is busy with MW2 so it looks like TA just needa quit theire jobs !! OR. make a REVERSED WW2 game! and dont come with sh!t like "history is written by the winners" or whatever. you just cant forget the strategic things our Fuhrer did! yes sorry the " thing for the "u" is blocked on this keyboard Smiley Frustrated

I've always thought what a game would be like if WW2 were reversed, I've even posted a thread about it.
torchmaster
these are some good ideas
ClubPenguin05
Does not sound like a very fun game to me.
Kdiec95
Reloading!
Delta_Force_Son

torchmaster wrote:

I've always thought what a game would be like if WW2 were reversed, I've even posted a thread about it.

I rated you and that topic 5* for the idea and epic story a few times Smiley Tongue
Gl3nny

Delta Force Son wrote:

Reloading!

... still fkin reloading!!!
Trancex2
C'mon now guys, settle down lol. Don't forget the French greatly assisted us in the War for Independence. We need them if COD:RW 1776 is going to work haha. Although we did pay them back a little on D-Day

But that's neither here nor there

IDEAS PEOPLE, IDEAS!!

Maybe begin the game with the Seven Years War, arguably the beginning of colonial discontent?
ClubPenguin05
This idea is only novel because designing this game and making it fun and marketable would be nearly impossible.

There's already been a game about the Civil War:

http://www.gamersinfo.net/articles/1515-the-history-channel-civil-war-a-nation-divided

It looks awful.

The Revolutionary war would be even worse. American Minutemen were thouhgt to be dishonorable by the British soldiers becuase they did things like Firing from concealed locations, hiding behind stuff, and using ambush tactics. Basically, anything that wasn't lining up and marching out into the open to fire your one bullet and try your luck survivng was a novel concept.

Turning this into a satisfying or entertaining gameplay experience would require you to disregard history even more than the average WWII game. Or, if history is really important to you, your game just ends up sucking. Games are fun, blah blah blah, it's still an industry that, like any other, sells a product.

The reason this product doesn't exist yet probably has something to do with the fact that no one who it would be pitched to would ever greenlight it.
Honorless_One

Studios