Controller Support.

World at War Forum

all i can say is don't complain when you're getting caked by everyone else who's using a mouse/keyboard setup. You will be inferior to them.
Karleonard

same here i just am not good on a keyboard and mouse and grew up with consoles. 

joeylassonde

same here i just am not good on a keyboard and mouse and grew up with consoles. 

also if u want to adjust sensitivity, here is a link for that as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2zKLfoaIhM

joeylassonde

shazzanator08 wrote:

Thank you! works great! I have been a console player for my whole life so I couldn't grasp the keyboard and mouse set up! Its so difficult, I have a lot of respect for people out there who have mastered it! I bought the pc version for the extra zombie maps and to play when the 360 version is being hogged by my other half! lol. thanks for the help!

When I first started playing games on PC years ago, I had a hard time getting used to the WASD movement on keyboards and using a mouse felt so strange.

However, after a bit of playing that way, I became a convert and never went back. The level of control is so much better with a keyboard and mouse. It is precise - you can easily aim exactly where you desire.

I highly recommend that you give it a try. It might feel odd at first, but I have a feeling you will grow to love it with a bit of practice.
Aeronut
Once you have done the exec default_controller.cfg to adjust the sensitivity of the thumbsticks open up the console ~ and use the command /input_viewsensitivity and you can adjust how sensitive the right thumbstick is... I find 1.015 close to default XBOX controls but like the previous poster said.. get used to the keyboard and mouse and you wont look back.. practice on zombies with the keyboard and mouse and in no time you'll love it
NJ_MeatHook

Karleonard wrote:

all i can say is don't complain when you're getting caked by everyone else who's using a mouse/keyboard setup. You will be inferior to them.

man stop that.

it kills me how much m+kb users hate on ppl who want and prefer to use a controller. ive been owning since cod4 with only a joypad all my life. ive been topping the charts all my life. from the console to the pc its been nothing but a controller for me. i use a logitech dual action controller and have been playing fps games since wolfenstein and doom. i played those a bit with m+kb but i grew up on consoles. this nonsense is almost the equivalent of telling someone that speaks another language to go back to their country because u dont speak what we speak. well they want a better life here just like everyone else. same goes for pc. the multiplayer on consoles are limited. my friend has it for the x360 and he plays mine on the pc (with a controller). what is wrong with expanding an audience? it wont kill u if someone else is using a controller (maybe it will...in a way).

no ones gonna take ur m+kb from u man. nothing will change with u. there will be newcomers and they'll either own u or u will own them, but at least with joypad support, they will be able to play with us. the most i use a m+kb for are things like typing u this response. i use a joypad for all of my games except rts. luckily for me, logitech included a profiler which lets me play pc games with it. do not try to down someone because they dont act like u. thats not cool. i think m+kb is great; i just cant get used to it. me and my friends murder with joypads! i laugh because of all the pc players who talk like u. they dont even know im playing with a joypad! i do hope finally infinity ward brings controller support and welcome the newcomers. i have friends that want to play it on pc. they have the x360 versions but they see the pc versions which are fast, crisp, and total war!

i ask the makers of cod to please bring controller support to the pc with an option to customize the button placement the way the player wants. im a legacy player myself. this can only expand the audience

oh, and sir, even though u was talking to him, im not inferior
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLv5rsgH8M6e1TwOry9sPEQ
PDE_PaulKersey

[ wrote:

Paul Kersey":1rhzycvk]

Karleonard wrote:

man stop that.

it kills me how much m+kb users hate on ppl who want and prefer to use a controller. ive been owning since cod4 with only a joypad all my life. ive been topping the charts all my life. from the console to the pc its been nothing but a controller for me. i use a logitech dual action controller and have been playing fps games since wolfenstein and doom. i played those a bit with m+kb but i grew up on consoles. this nonsense is almost the equivalent of telling someone that speaks another language to go back to their country because u dont speak what we speak. well they want a better life here just like everyone else. same goes for pc. the multiplayer on consoles are limited. my friend has it for the x360 and he plays mine on the pc (with a controller). what is wrong with expanding an audience? it wont kill u if someone else is using a controller (maybe it will...in a way).

no ones gonna take ur m+kb from u man. nothing will change with u. there will be newcomers and they'll either own u or u will own them, but at least with joypad support, they will be able to play with us. the most i use a m+kb for are things like typing u this response. i use a joypad for all of my games except rts. luckily for me, logitech included a profiler which lets me play pc games with it. do not try to down someone because they dont act like u. thats not cool. i think m+kb is great; i just cant get used to it. me and my friends murder with joypads! i laugh because of all the pc players who talk like u. they dont even know im playing with a joypad! i do hope finally infinity ward brings controller support and welcome the newcomers. i have friends that want to play it on pc. they have the x360 versions but they see the pc versions which are fast, crisp, and total war!

i ask the makers of cod to please bring controller support to the pc with an option to customize the button placement the way the player wants. im a legacy player myself. this can only expand the audience

I'm sure there are people that I've played against that were using a controller that I never knew were using one. But the fact of the matter is, m+kb=more accurate than a controller. That's that. You may not think you are inferior...But I GUARANTEE...you take the BEST console player and put him against the 100th best m+kb user....The m+kb user will slap him around senseless. It's simple...you CAN NOT be as accurate or as fast with a controller as a mouse. I agree whole heartedly with the person that said that. Go ahead and use one all you want, but don't get all butt hurt if everyone else seems to have an edge...cause they do
LevelOneDerek

LevelOneDerek wrote:

[ wrote:

Paul Kersey":1lu834on]

Karleonard wrote:

man stop that.

I'm sure there are people that I've played against that were using a controller that I never knew were using one. But the fact of the matter is, m+kb=more accurate than a controller. That's that. You may not think you are inferior...But I GUARANTEE...you take the BEST console player and put him against the 100th best m+kb user....The m+kb user will slap him around senseless. It's simple...you CAN NOT be as accurate or as fast with a controller as a mouse. I agree whole heartedly with the person that said that. Go ahead and use one all you want, but don't get all butt hurt if everyone else seems to have an edge...cause they do

there must be something wrong here. this isnt a battle man. why cant u get it through ur skull! this isnt console/pc wars mannn! throw ur m+kb arrogance out of the window. the most ive ever seen a m+kb player do to me is bunnyhop to kill me. i dont bunnyhop because i dont need to. i dont care WHAT u think is accurate man! kill the butt hurt hate lol! are u mad? i am asking for controller support, not what u do in ur spare time*. most my friends are deadly. a lot have m+kb. i top the list just like they top the list - sometimes even better. come out of ur house sometime son. its all about how u use what u have. SURE the mouse is more accurate, but so is my control style and quickness also. dont speak on legendary pc myths man. ive been on pc long enough to know the myth. fact is, that hasnt stop me from killing great m+kb players. its WHAT U DO with what u have here. u may be terrible with a joypad just as im terrible with m+kb, but first, be at the top of ur game with a joypad before coming with the butt flame wars lol gz! ure talking to someone who has been in the ring already
PDE_PaulKersey

pcdev wrote:

Hey Paul - you can customize your controller buttons via the Controls menu much the same way kb+m are customized. You will need to use your mouse to select the item to change, then press the desired controller button.

thanks and i've tried. it only recognizes the buttons, not the thumb sticks on the x360 joypad and it doesn't recognize anything on the logitech dual action gamepad. thanks for the response. i hope mw2 will let us play the entire game with gamepads, including flipping through the menus like other games. i dont even want to have to touch the mouse except for the shortcut icon to load the game. thanks for the response
PDE_PaulKersey
Paul, I didn't mean to come off as a whole "holier than thou art". I said, I don't doubt there's been times that I've played against someone using a controller and I had no idea. I'm sure you can hold your own, and I'm not doubting that. I'm simply saying that, once used to it...there is no way a controller is as accurate as a mouse is.

But on a serious note in trying to help, I've heard of a program called xpadder or something of that sort that will assist you in setting up your controller.
LevelOneDerek

Studios