Controller Support.

World at War Forum

LevelOneDerek wrote:

Paul, I didn't mean to come off as a whole "holier than thou art". I said, I don't doubt there's been times that I've played against someone using a controller and I had no idea. I'm sure you can hold your own, and I'm not doubting that. I'm simply saying that, once used to it...there is no way a controller is as accurate as a mouse is.

But on a serious note in trying to help, I've heard of a program called xpadder or something of that sort that will assist you in setting up your controller.

thats cool LevelOneDerek. i like what xpadders trying to do, but ive used it a while back and it will get me killed lol. as far as current support, i know its over for that. im looking at mw2 for controller support by infinity ward. i came to this thread because of the guy who started it. i know how he feels. oh, and on the note off accuracy, i was playing earlier and i think the mouse is a faster hit in sniping, but i found that im very accurate and solid with the joypad. i have my sticks in 'legacy' setting. im not faster than a mouse, but i am as accurate. i correct my earlier statement. u guys have a faster twitch than me.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLv5rsgH8M6e1TwOry9sPEQ
PDE_PaulKersey
I don't look to IW for any support. They haven't done a thing for the PC since CoD1 lol
LevelOneDerek
@Paul

All depends on the controller your using, many are any game capable right from the factory.

Saitek's line up is one company that you could get their controllers to function properly with any COD title.

But catch is, you have to program them yourself which BTW is very easy to do.

Have a few of their products,

Just not a Xbox or PS3 style controller however.

But the programing software for them is all the same package (lists and supports all Saitek controllers)

And works very well.

Use a pad myself but like I said, not a 360/PS3 style,

It does have a stick though (dont know what to do with it with a FPS though?)

Got it to work with COD for many things, movement/interact etc was simple to make work.

(not so simple to use, for me atleast.)

Not that I've actually used it to game with (FPS game that is)

I actually did a complete profile for COD for a Saitek Flight controller just to see if I could make it work.

It worked perfect!

That includes all axis with a total of 3 pov hat's not to mention more available buttons than you could think of to even use with a FPS.

Would take me 100 years to get used to it with a FPS though, its do-able without any doubt!
214_Firestorm

shazzanator08 wrote:

Thank you! works great! I have been a console player for my whole life so I couldn't grasp the keyboard and mouse set up! Its so difficult, I have a lot of respect for people out there who have mastered it! I bought the pc version for the extra zombie maps and to play when the 360 version is being hogged by my other half! lol. thanks for the help!

Type /quit
psydeffect

psydeffect wrote:

shazzanator08 wrote:

Thank you! works great! I have been a console player for my whole life so I couldn't grasp the keyboard and mouse set up! Its so difficult, I have a lot of respect for people out there who have mastered it! I bought the pc version for the extra zombie maps and to play when the 360 version is being hogged by my other half! lol. thanks for the help!

Type /quit

i agree shazzanator08. i cant type game commands in because im not good at typing. i dont know the keys without looking down. i use my pc for entertainment. i like to sit on the couch with a joypad. however, i already have a logitech dual action gamepad which has a profiler with it. its the only way ive been able to play fps on pc, so im already doing that. i was asking for future controller support to already be in modern warfare 2 from the start with no external programs to use. i want the GAME ITSELF to have support for controllers. it would make it much easier for us controller users.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLv5rsgH8M6e1TwOry9sPEQ
PDE_PaulKersey

[ wrote:

Paul Kersey":2lzm1p83]i was asking for future controller support to already be in modern warfare 2 from the start with no external programs to use.

i want the GAME ITSELF to have support for controllers. it would make it much easier for us controller users.

You wont ever get away from having drivers for any controller no matter what they do to the game.

Computers are dumb, they dont know what any piece of hardware is or does without drivers for it.

Wrong place anyways, if you want "better" support in the game for controllers with MW2 go here;

www.infinityward.com

214_Firestorm
erm i type /exec default_controller.cfg and it dosent work Smiley Embarassed ( i checked Enable console and it was ON) any ideas whats wrong?
Microgun

Microgun wrote:

erm i type /exec default_controller.cfg and it dosent work Smiley Embarassed ( i checked Enable console and it was ON) any ideas whats wrong?

Be sure your hitting the tide key (key right above tab). This will drop down the console so you can type in the command.
xobrawlerox
Be sure your hitting the tide key (key right above tab). This will drop down the console so you can type in the command.[/quote]

Ofc >_> i hit ~ type the commant hit enter n nothin Smiley Frustrated

edit: got it it was a option of the server i was actually playing..Btw if u want my opinion keyboard > controller by far!
Microgun

[ wrote:

Paul Kersey":2nbir05l]

Karleonard wrote:

all i can say is don't complain when you're getting caked by everyone else who's using a mouse/keyboard setup. You will be inferior to them.

man stop that.

it kills me how much m+kb users hate on ppl who want and prefer to use a controller. ive been owning since cod4 with only a joypad all my life. ive been topping the charts all my life. from the console to the pc its been nothing but a controller for me. i use a logitech dual action controller and have been playing fps games since wolfenstein and doom. i played those a bit with m+kb but i grew up on consoles. this nonsense is almost the equivalent of telling someone that speaks another language to go back to their country because u dont speak what we speak. well they want a better life here just like everyone else. same goes for pc. the multiplayer on consoles are limited. my friend has it for the x360 and he plays mine on the pc (with a controller). what is wrong with expanding an audience? it wont kill u if someone else is using a controller (maybe it will...in a way).

no ones gonna take ur m+kb from u man. nothing will change with u. there will be newcomers and they'll either own u or u will own them, but at least with joypad support, they will be able to play with us. the most i use a m+kb for are things like typing u this response. i use a joypad for all of my games except rts. luckily for me, logitech included a profiler which lets me play pc games with it. do not try to down someone because they dont act like u. thats not cool. i think m+kb is great; i just cant get used to it. me and my friends murder with joypads! i laugh because of all the pc players who talk like u. they dont even know im playing with a joypad! i do hope finally infinity ward brings controller support and welcome the newcomers. i have friends that want to play it on pc. they have the x360 versions but they see the pc versions which are fast, crisp, and total war!

i ask the makers of cod to please bring controller support to the pc with an option to customize the button placement the way the player wants. im a legacy player myself. this can only expand the audience

oh, and sir, even though u was talking to him, im not inferior

I've been playing WAW on the 360 since May, and have grown accustom to the controller. I just purchased the game for PC and purchased the Logitech dual action controller. And I absolutely cannot use this thing. Can you possibly share your settings? I set the sensitivity of the controller in the profiler all the way down to zero, Dead zone is still at zero, the middle setting is at 70% (can't remember what that is off the top of my head),and I still can't aim the thing for nothing. It zips around so fast that it makes it impossible to do anything.

I am playing on a laptop, which makes using the keyboard and mouse a bit of a problem. Especially when my laptop has a touchpad that does not have any buttons. Left click is a physical click of the touchpad itself, and a right click I have to physically click the lower right corner of the touchpad. I suppose I could use an external mouse, but that would make it a little difficult on the couch.. LOL.
fyrhazzrd

Studios