Multiplayer is too bright!!!

World at War Forum

Has anyone else noticed how bright the multiplayer maps are? If not, go into a private match, turn down the darkness setting a few notches and explore the levels. Especially dark maps like Station, Makin, Nightfire; where there is low lighting or even no lighting. THAT is how the game should look.

Thoughts?
frozenpaw
17 REPLIES 17
I dont know...
Strongsense
I never noticed. Maybe its your TVs settings.
Neo_Ghost
I don't think that happens with me.
Neckromorph
My tv is calibrated correctly. I just noticed that when you turn the brightness down, the levels look more realistic. More life like. More... realistic.
frozenpaw
I have my brightness way up so I can actually see everything. Especially since my weapon of choice is a scoped springfield. Being able to see is a big plus.
epdriver

FrozenPaw wrote:

My tv is calibrated correctly. I just noticed that when you turn the brightness down, the levels look more realistic. More life like. More... realistic.

We'll speak realistic when this game becomes realistic...Until then, I'll be content with my brightness settings.
3eyedrazorback
Play with your TV settings.

If they were too dark, too many people would complain.
rawr-XD

rawrXD wrote:

When you darken your TV settings, it does not look right.

When you darken your game settings, it looks AMAZING! Think about it on maps like station. It is a collapsed train station. The power will likely be off. The only light available is the light from the roof and the light from fires.

I agree with the realistic game comment, but when a maps should be darker than **** but it is like there is fake ambient lighting... meh... crap.
frozenpaw

FrozenPaw wrote:

rawrXD wrote:

When you darken your TV settings, it does not look right.

When you darken your game settings, it looks AMAZING! Think about it on maps like station. It is a collapsed train station. The power will likely be off. The only light available is the light from the roof and the light from fires.

I agree with the realistic game comment, but when a maps should be darker than **** but it is like there is fake ambient lighting... meh... crap.

Maybe they should make it pitch black in night maps. Then only people who pre-order Modern Warfare 2 collectors edition and get the Night vision Goggles will be able to get kills. Or just accept it that you need light to see the bad guys.
KevinMcClain

Studios