Removing the 91 fps limit

World at War Forum

I hope you know that com_maxfps and cl_maxpackets work together. A higher framrate isn't important for your eyes, but very important for the network data.

Example:

With com_maxfps 125 and cl_maxpackets 80 you'll send 2 commands per frame to the server.

With com_maxfps 60 and cl_maxpackets 80 you'll only send 1 command per frame to the server.

With com_maxfps 333 and cl_maxpackets 80 you'll send 4 commands per frame to the server.

So if two players (same skill) are in a combat and one of them plays with higher framerate, he has the better chance to get the kill (due to more commands the server got from him).

Btw. there is a bug in the quake engine which will let you jump a little bit higher with exactly 125fps.
OLD_MAN_WITH_GUN
it's existant in the STEAM version of the Half Life engine still, you hit the firing cap most accurately at 125 fps.

smithjn wrote:

the human eye can only see up to 60 fps.

That's a myth. There's plenty of people who have been proven to be able to determine up to 200fps.
Purephoenix
Highlighted

Purephoenix wrote:

That's a myth. There's plenty of people who have been proven to be able to determine up to 200fps.

Only if they have insect facette eyes (which are able to capture up to 250 fps).

The human eye isn't able to capture more than 60 up to 65 fps.
_Goose_
buddy, i'm one of the people who needs 85htz+ just to stop myself getting a headache when looking at a monitor for more than an hour.

I know for a fact the human eye can see more than 60 htz/fps.

I can look at a monitor and tell you just by looking at it wether it's running 60htz, 80 odd or 100+

My mate had a 200htz monitor at 1024x768, i could tell the second i saw it that it was running 100+ htz.

http://www.daniele.ch/school/30vs60/30vs60_3.html

http://whisper.ausgamers.com/wiki/index.php/How_many_FPS_human_eye_can_see

etc etc.

It's a myth. the human eye does not have a fps detection limit.
Purephoenix

Beautiful answer dud Smiley Happy 

UnikornHunter

Studios