"You do not have this map or the content is damaged"

World at War Forum

RE:MP2.....i've had this since the week of its release....how would the content suddenly get damaged. And what a suprise, Microsoft are trying to get me to download it again.......does anyone know what's happened?
aescwine
21 REPLIES 21
same here, just turn off your xbox console...wait 1 minute...turn it back on and that should resolve the problem/issue. It's a glitch and they are working on it.
RRIVAL
This exact thing happened to me yesterday.

I was in a game got kicked when a MP1 map came up with the "You do not have this map or the content is damaged" message.

So i tried to join another game and got the same message.

I restarted my xbox and it worked fine.
Aston1985
Ah right nice one lads. My disc is a bit scratched and is unreadable sometimes and i was fearing it might have totally bitten the dust. It's MP2 though which i think is pants. So it's kinda a good thing that it aint working.
aescwine
YOu don't need to restart your XBox

Just redownload the Map Pack
twenty_italians
disconnect your xbox...walk to your nearest 2nd story window...huck said xbox as far as you can...go downstairs...outside...pick up said pieces of xbox...rinse...wash...repeat

problem solved
_SLAM_BaSiLeNuT

twenty italians wrote:

YOu don't need to restart your XBox

Just redownload the Map Pack

Yeah Ill bet that would save some time.......lol
papker72877

Aescwine wrote:

RE:MP2.....i've had this since the week of its release....how would the content suddenly get damaged. And what a suprise, Microsoft are trying to get me to download it again.......does anyone know what's happened?

this just happened to me last week too. i didnt play for a couple days and i went back in and it works again? so i guess you could try restarting your xbox. or redownload it, its free to redownload.
Bransas

Bransas wrote:

Aescwine wrote:

this just happened to me last week too. i didnt play for a couple days and i went back in and it works again? so i guess you could try restarting your xbox. or redownload it, its free to redownload.

And it takes two seconds to redownload because the Map Pack really is there. So don't give your XBox a 1 minute breather...it doesn't need it, it's a machine not a prize-fighting boxer.
twenty_italians

Aescwine wrote:

Ah right nice one lads. My disc is a bit scratched and is unreadable sometimes and i was fearing it might have totally bitten the dust. It's MP2 though which i think is pants. So it's kinda a good thing that it aint working.

I advise you to download WaW to your HDD as soon as possible... my disc was also stratched up and actually cracked a bit and it would not play at all but I downloaded another WaW disc to my HDD and now my original messed up disc plays fine with no problems at all.
kaizersosa

Studios