10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2012 5:07 PM by stonculd RSS

Lag Switch

d_will_8
      So, I wasn't sure what this was until someone talked about it last night, and searched the net.  Is it true, they push a button, flip a switch and they lag the game enough that they can kill you.  I was on last night, and one guy seemed to always have 4 bars and the rest of us had 2.  I never was killed by him, however multiple people complained about it, and after, of course, he bounced out of the game.  It seems listening to the talk, this is happening more often than not.  Can I do something on my end to stop it from happening?  Now keep in mind, I hear people complaining about it, not sure if it is valid or not...  Can somebody explain?  I apollogize if this has been done before.
        • Re: Lag Switch
          HaydnExport
          that wasn't a lag switch, just lag. .he was the host.  with a lag switch you will get connection interruption every time the player uses it, usually while you are shooting him, or someone else is.
            nrm123
            Dont mistake a Lag switch with bad connection....but using a Lag switch is illegal!!!!
              d_will_8

HaydnExport wrote:

that wasn't a lag switch, just lag. .he was the host.  with a lag switch you will get connection interruption every time the player uses it, usually while you are shooting him, or someone else is.

My bad, the "connection interupted" quote came on the screen, it came on probably 7 - 8 times.
                SC8MAN14
                There is a special ring in Hell for lag switchers/glitchers.
                  nrm123

SC8MAN14 wrote:

There is a special ring in Hell for lag switchers/glitchers.

cool, sign me up!
                    domonz
                    lag switch is against rule. you can get banned for it. so you can report them if they do that in game. I wish I know how to report them....I have no idea tho. >.<
                      diablo123

nrm123 wrote:

Dont mistake a Lag switch with bad connection....but using a Lag switch is illegal!!!!

indeed it's illegal and cheating
                        Musashi1596
                        Would it be fair to say there is a lag switch in place when the connection is interrupted but the game doesn't finish?

It would be nice to see the software engineers put some type of lag response in a future update.

For example: If an individual lags to many times, or a certain duration, boot the player causing network interference.  Have it make a log.  If it continues, cause a rest time (say 5 mins) before they could enter a new match.

It will either drive that person to get better internet and not interrupt others game play or put a stop to the use of such devices.

If if comes with a inconvenience to the cheater, they will stop!  Reporting seems to do nothing when most of the time it is a bunch of people whining they got owned by a better player.

Youtube shows great examples of someone using one for future reference!

stonculd

That doesn't sound like lag switching just lag. Lag switching its like the game hiccups and then your dead. If you watch a killcam in games that have them  or you can go into theatre mode it is very easy to tell if someone is using one unless they are really good at it. Everything in theatre mode will pause while the guy kills you and sometimes two or three people. I haven't seen a proliferation of lag switchers but only a few in Black Ops.