24 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2012 6:29 PM by lykasomboody RSS

    "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy

    carolinarocker
      One strategy I have used with great success is using the building with the Bowie Knife on the outside as your defending base. Firstly, you want to turn on the power and get one mystery box weapon. Try to save your points, though. If you get some kind of machine gun, you'll probably be fine for the time being. Then, you want to make a crawler and open most to all of the doors and link the teleporters. After that, go to the building I mentioned before with the Bowie knife on the outside. Assuming you have 3 to 4 people in your game (without which the strategy will probably be very hard to follow), have one person defend the boarded up window on the balcony, one on top of the stairs, and one or two people shooting the zombies outside the building from the windows to lighten the job of the stair defender. After a few rounds of this, try to acquire another crawler and either get some perks, mainly Juggernog and Speed Cola OR upgrade your best weapon with the Pack-a-Punch. You probably won't have enough points to do both. Of course, in the later rounds as you get more points, you'll be able to get all these things. If the dogs come, gather up at the end of the upstairs balcony where the mystery box or the teddy bear is and shoot the dogs. This should get you to a high round. Do beware though. In the rounds above 18 or so, the dogs start appearing with the zombies. That was pretty intense  the first time my team and I encountered that.

      Well, there's one strategy among many others. I hope this helps some people get to the higher rounds. Have fun killing some Zombies, everyone!
        • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
          maxx118
          Awsome Strategy!
          • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
            carolinarocker

            maxx118 wrote:

             

            Awsome Strategy!



            Why, thank you. I hope it helps you out.
            • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
              yahiko151
              its a great stratagie, i did it for a bit, but i found that people got over run way too easily. we ended up grouping together at the far end of the balcony wherethe random box is, and then just forcing the zombies into a bottle neck, and taking them on there.  try it out
              • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                Midarmor
                Me and my friends used that strategy by accident once.
                I was guarding the window with my upgraded Colt (which is Freacking awesome)
                • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                  carolinarocker

                  yahiko151 wrote:

                   

                  its a great stratagie, i did it for a bit, but i found that people got over run way too easily. we ended up grouping together at the far end of the balcony where the random box is, and then just forcing the zombies into a bottle neck, and taking them on there.  try it out



                  Yeah, that's probably the best thing to do at the higher rounds. It worked with Nacht der Untotem, except there's no window on the side for extra zombies to come in. I might just try that next time I play.
                  • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                    yahiko151

                    carolinarocker wrote:

                     

                    yahiko151 wrote:

                     

                    its a great stratagie, i did it for a bit, but i found that people got over run way too easily. we ended up grouping together at the far end of the balcony where the random box is, and then just forcing the zombies into a bottle neck, and taking them on there.  try it out



                    Yeah, that's probably the best thing to do at the higher rounds. It worked with Nacht der Untotem, except there's no window on the side for extra zombies to come in. I might just try that next time I play.



                    yeah, it really works in thelater lvls, espeialy if you have someone with an upgraded wonderwaffe shooting the zombies coming onto the stairs.
                    • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                      My strategy is different, and I find it works much better. Have one person camp upstairs on the window, one on in the cave aka the suicide room lol, and the other 2 guarding the entrance.  My friends and I got to 25, but would have got further because the guy in the suicide room got overrun because he only had snipers, causing our whole plan to fall apart.

                      These are what guns we use:

                      Upstairs window: PaP Panzershreck, PaP Trench Gun
                      Suicide Room: PaP Trench Gun, PaP Ray Gun
                      Entrance Man 1: PaP Ray Gun, PaP MG42
                      Entrance Man 2: PaP Ray Gun, PaP PPSh-41

                      The upstairs man will use panzershreck to clear out the entrance way and trench gun on window.
                      Suicide man will use trench gun on window and Ray Gun if he gets trapped
                      The Entrance Man 1 will watch front, while entrance man 2 watches the window next to Quick Revive and helps Entrance Man 1. These two will alternate positions to conserve ammo.

                      Both window watchers will focus on leaving one zombie so everyone can get guns, ammo, etc.
                      If you are as fortunate as we were, you will get a max ammo every round, so ammo isn't a problem.

                      If entrance men are being overrun, throw a monkey bomb, turn on electricity and let upstairs man clear the rest out with the panzershreck. We never had to use the teleporter because we held positions so well.
                      • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                        toadwong001
                        what is suicide room?

                        Pwnage19 wrote:

                         

                        My strategy is different, and I find it works much better. Have one person camp upstairs on the window, one on in the cave aka the suicide room lol, and the other 2 guarding the entrance.  My friends and I got to 25, but would have got further because the guy in the suicide room got overrun because he only had snipers, causing our whole plan to fall apart.

                        These are what guns we use:

                        Upstairs window: PaP Panzershreck, PaP Trench Gun
                        Suicide Room: PaP Trench Gun, PaP Ray Gun
                        Entrance Man 1: PaP Ray Gun, PaP MG42
                        Entrance Man 2: PaP Ray Gun, PaP PPSh-41

                        The upstairs man will use panzershreck to clear out the entrance way and trench gun on window.
                        Suicide man will use trench gun on window and Ray Gun if he gets trapped
                        The Entrance Man 1 will watch front, while entrance man 2 watches the window next to Quick Revive and helps Entrance Man 1. These two will alternate positions to conserve ammo.

                        Both window watchers will focus on leaving one zombie so everyone can get guns, ammo, etc.
                        If you are as fortunate as we were, you will get a max ammo every round, so ammo isn't a problem.

                        If entrance men are being overrun, throw a monkey bomb, turn on electricity and let upstairs man clear the rest out with the panzershreck. We never had to use the teleporter because we held positions so well.


                        • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                          Milla_Vanilla
                          how weird we found this last night as well and it works great, ours was slightly different though. We had one guy down that underground corridor protecting the window, two guy up on the balcony one was covering that window and the other was shooting down on them outside with the wunderwaffe and then i was downstairs on the main doorway with the ray gun and mg. We got to round 27 before one guy done a stupid run to get double points and got downed, when we finished looked at the leader board and i was 486 at score which i was happy about.
                          • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                            Nightshade669
                            Another strategy is opening the door with the stairs, then cross the bridge to where jugger-nog is and have two people cover the window and two covering the bridge. As long as no one opens the debris your team should survive.
                            • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                              T1M01995
                              Add me PSN: T1M01995    please add me i havent got the PaP yet because people don't care about it.
                              • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                                Anytime your entire team is in the bowie room you can make a stand.  Just make sure everyone picks a position suited to their weapons.  (No snipers trying to hold off a flood solo) And backing up to the mystery box location up the stairs is great.
                                • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                                  That is the strategy that has become the norm now and it works very very well. The only downside is that you don't get to explore the building and use the teleporters.
                                  • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                                    randomparrot
                                    Me and my friends use this strategy aswell it's great.
                                    • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                                      Sad Tater
                                      I made up a strategy that got us to round 25. Sure helps to have the flamethrower though.
                                      • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                                        randomparrot

                                        Sad Tater wrote:

                                         

                                        I made up a strategy that got us to round 25. Sure helps to have the flamethrower though.


                                        We found the flamethrower just stops the other players seeing the zombies.
                                        • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                                          Apauloo11
                                          uber strategy
                                          • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                                            Xxsnip3rxX95

                                            carolinarocker wrote:

                                             

                                            One strategy I have used with great success is using the building with the Bowie Knife on the outside as your defending base. Firstly, you want to turn on the power and get one mystery box weapon. Try to save your points, though. If you get some kind of machine gun, you'll probably be fine for the time being. Then, you want to make a crawler and open most to all of the doors and link the teleporters. After that, go to the building I mentioned before with the Bowie knife on the outside. Assuming you have 3 to 4 people in your game (without which the strategy will probably be very hard to follow), have one person defend the boarded up window on the balcony, one on top of the stairs, and one or two people shooting the zombies outside the building from the windows to lighten the job of the stair defender. After a few rounds of this, try to acquire another crawler and either get some perks, mainly Juggernog and Speed Cola OR upgrade your best weapon with the Pack-a-Punch. You probably won't have enough points to do both. Of course, in the later rounds as you get more points, you'll be able to get all these things. If the dogs come, gather up at the end of the upstairs balcony where the mystery box or the teddy bear is and shoot the dogs. This should get you to a high round. Do beware though. In the rounds above 18 or so, the dogs start appearing with the zombies. That was pretty intense  the first time my team and I encountered that.

                                            Well, there's one strategy among many others. I hope this helps some people get to the higher rounds. Have fun killing some Zombies, everyone!


                                            This works really well, thanks!:)
                                            • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                                              carolinarocker

                                              randomparrot wrote:

                                               

                                              Sad Tater wrote:

                                               

                                              I made up a strategy that got us to round 25. Sure helps to have the flamethrower though.


                                              We found the flamethrower just stops the other players seeing the zombies.



                                              If you have a PaP flamethrower, you can use it to get them on the outside as they run into the building. This should weaken them to an extent as they go up the stairs. This way, you aren't blinding the whole team with your fire.
                                              • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                                                carolinarocker

                                                yahiko151 wrote:

                                                 

                                                its a great stratagie, i did it for a bit, but i found that people got over run way too easily. we ended up grouping together at the far end of the balcony wherethe random box is, and then just forcing the zombies into a bottle neck, and taking them on there.  try it out



                                                Just did that last play with some friends and Woohoo! It worked like a charm. We got to level 29 just now. Unfortunately one guy died halfway across the map because of an accidental crawler death and we all got overrun on the balcony. It was fun as hell, though.
                                                • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                                                  hootenanee69
                                                  made it to wave 25 using the bowie room strategy, so much fun and from what we can tell is the best strategy to use in der riese
                                                  • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                                                    gotta say....great strategy....i used it with my friends last night and we were doing swimmingly....and then my d-bag friend....decided to run to his death....we got to 29....
                                                    • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy
                                                      Gonzalez9379
                                                      I just did this, before I saw it, with 3 people. We got to round 39 before we got overran.
                                                      • Re: "Bowie Knife Building" Strategy

                                                        what I do is until round 12 stay in the power/first mystery box room and link the teleporters and then camp in the boweknife building until round 27. than who ever has best guns (ray gun and machine gun/ppsh NOT the wonderwaffe) goes to starting room and gets a train by running in circles next to the Kar while two others go infront of the bowe knife and and move around so they dont get from behind and if you have a 4th person have them cover the two peoples back.