5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2009 10:46 AM by monkin_out RSS

friend request problem

Is anybody else getting constant friend request from a no-name member? I keep getting "has requested you as a friend." Never a name. Getting kinda annoying. I probably got it 15-20 times in the last 30 minutes.
        • Re: friend request problem
          SoylentBob
          It's not a "no-name" member.
          The site is AFU. Sometimes member names do not show.
          You may get PMs from blank names and have gaps in your friends list.
          Also, you may notice names disappearing from PMs you haven't deleted yet that had names yesterday.
            OIC. can you just tell me what AFU means? So it might be the same person requesting me and i just keep deleting it? If I were to accept will it show me who it is? I just know that on facebook or myspace when things like that request you its usaully a virus or some spam thing.
              SoylentBob
              It will eventually show whom it is (or whom they are).
              If it's just one guy, it's probably someone you've been having a dialog with in a thread.
              It still could be spam: some guys just go down a thread and hit add on every person. Multiple posts to a thread could get you multiple requests. Some people are that desperate others think they'll get points.

AFU stands for
              alt.folklore.urban
              or is an acronym for
              American Civil Liberties Union
                Thanks for the help

SoylentBob wrote:

It's not a "no-name" member.
                  The site is AFU. Sometimes member names do not show.
                  You may get PMs from blank names and have gaps in your friends list.
                  Also, you may notice names disappearing from PMs you haven't deleted yet that had names yesterday.

I've been suffering from this condition for a month now.  7 support emails, 6 PMs to Mods & 2 posts in the support section all have gone unanswered.  AFU (Thanks SoyBob)