2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2009 11:42 AM by Horrorman RSS

do filed complaints on xbox live actually work?

Just wondering if anybody here knows if the filed complaints on xbox live actually work...

I have my bro and my nephew over alot on weekends and i let him play on my profile. He's only 9 and not so great but i dont care about my stats so i let him use my name. Well after about an hour or so he gets a message and asks me how to read it. So i opened the message and it was the most hateful text ever. It included every cuss word and every racist word in the book. I couldnt believe what i was reading. I did the file complaint thing but am wondering if that actually does anything. Cause i would seriously get my lawyer involved in this because of the extreme racism on the message. Is there a number i can call about it to actually talk to somebody?

I know im not the only one who has recieved hateful messages, but this totally crossed the line.
        • Re: do filed complaints on xbox live actually work?
          SoylentBob
          Supposedly they do. There's been many a thread here where someone pissed off the wrong 12yo, and he got all his little friends to file complaints. Net result: insta-ban.
          Wait! It gets better. They keep reporting their victim. Every time he starts logging back in, they hammer him again. Pleas to Micro$oft fall on deaf ears, and you lose the off days on your subscription, too.
          • Re: do filed complaints on xbox live actually work?
            Horrorman

SoylentBob wrote:

Supposedly they do. There's been many a thread here where someone pissed off the wrong 12yo, and he got all his little friends to file complaints. Net result: insta-ban.
            Wait! It gets better. They keep reporting their victim. Every time he starts logging back in, they hammer him again. Pleas to Micro$oft fall on deaf ears, and you lose the off days on your subscription, too.

yea M$ knows how to make money...