12 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2010 5:51 PM by o Head x ShotZz RSS

Black ops engine? And Cover.

Black ops better not have this as there game cover because if you look at most recent call of duty's they have a whole person showing and they need to do the same. And i hear the Black Ops is going to use the same engine as MW2 which is IW 4.0,  Treyarch needs to learn how to make there own engines they even use infinity wards engine on WAW. I know they can make a good Engine.
        • Re: Black ops engine? And Cover.
          chunkman118
          No one cares about the cover, as long as it says "Call of Duty" on it then people will buy and also there is nothing wrong with using another companies engine or ideas or anything like that. If it works then why dispose of it. But why waste time developing an entirely new engine when you can just use one only a couple of years old.

ivan510 wrote:

Black ops better not have this as there game cover because if you look at most recent call of duty's they have a whole person showing and they need to do the same. And i hear the Black Ops is going to use the same engine as MW2 which is IW 4.0,  Treyarch needs to learn how to make there own engines they even use infinity wards engine on WAW. I know they can make a good Engine.

I don't mind the cover they have now but I think they will change it to look more like what you said. I actually like that Treyarch uses IW's engine. It is a good engine to use and there is no shame in using it.
              gazajed
              You heard wrong, they are using the same as WaW, the same as MW. And i dont care about the cover, unless its a limited edition.
                purist thunder
                Not to mention that for Treyarchs first game, Call of Duty 3, they made an entirely new game engine from what Cod 2 had in only a year while still making cod 3. So i don't think you can hate on them because they haven't made a new game engine.
                  The Ninjaa

gazajed wrote:

You heard wrong, they are using the same as WaW, the same as MW. And i dont care about the cover, unless its a limited edition.

Why on earth would they use an outdated engine?
                    Rorek

chunkman118 wrote:

No one cares about the cover, as long as it says "Call of Duty" on it then people will buy and also there is nothing wrong with using another companies engine or ideas or anything like that. If it works then why dispose of it. But why waste time developing an entirely new engine when you can just use one only a couple of years old.

Agree 100%
                      lace23

The Ninjaa wrote:

gazajed wrote:

they are actually updating the World at War engine. They are NOT using IW`s engine.

The engine is an updated version of the one from World At War (previously taken from Modern Warfare). All updates are Treyarch's own, nothing is taken from Modern Warfare 2.

http://systemlink.gamersguidetolife.com/2010/05/new-call-of-duty-black-ops-deta ils.html
                          o Head x ShotZz

ivan510 wrote:

the cover is that guy sitting cross-legged. also treyarch used iw's cod2 engine for WaW. ID 4.0 is good enough anyways.
                            PVT_Wyatt007
                            um  they did make their own character engine this time  completely different from mw2
                              rob2493

The Ninjaa wrote:

gazajed wrote:

it is not outdated because they like making their game look real and dirty. You know like real war.

and because MW2's engine is rainbows and candy(did you see the new maps?, a carnival really)sold that game months ago and would love to see the engine from waw. Which they CAN improve. so shut it
                                o Head x ShotZz

rob2493 wrote:

The Ninjaa wrote:

gazajed wrote:

it is not outdated because they like making their game look real and dirty. You know like real war.

and because MW2's engine is rainbows and candy(did you see the new maps?, a carnival really)sold that game months ago and would love to see the engine from waw. Which they CAN improve. so shut it

WaW graphics were definitly dirty compared to mw2. by dirty i mean horrid. and carnival looks like a fun map.