10 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2010 9:50 PM by bigboom1 RSS

Game hacking?

Is Black Ops going to take a more serious approach with all the hacker because on MW2 the leader boards where hacked the first week and infinity ward know that there are moder's  but they dont do anything about it like they could ban them from call of duty or remove there accounts from the leader boards.  So i am wondering what will the black ops game makers do about the hacking.
        • Test #1
          Re: Game hacking?
          Use the search button, there was a thread about this a while ago.
          Last Edited: May 27, 2010 9:02 PM
          • Test #1
            Treyarch is more than likely going to focus on game-breaking exploits first like glitches that allow you to get out of the map and other goodies like that. Plus they're going to have to be sure their servers can handle he overload of people who get online, so I wouldn't expect what you suggested about the Leaderboards for quite sometime. Hacks like wall-hacks, on the other hand, is Sony/Microsoft/Apple's domain since they have to first hack the Xbox/PS3/PC.
            Last Edited: May 27, 2010 9:03 PM
            • Test #1
              I think there will always be a way to hack a game, lets hope they dont with this one.
              Last Edited: May 27, 2010 9:35 PM
              • Test #1
                I think Treyarch should do a leaderboard reset a week after game release.
                I know the leaderboards will eventually get messed up and boosted on, but it'd be nice to have some fairness within the first few weeks so that everyone can enjoy their hard work and be proud of being near the top for at least the first few weeks or month even.
                Last Edited: May 28, 2010 12:54 PM
                • Test #1
                  All the game or any games needs is support you see a problem you fix it. IW didn't really do that I don't think we will ever know why.
                  Last Edited: May 28, 2010 1:34 PM
                  • Test #1
                    well i just read a while ago that there's going to be a whole team called the "security team" that is going to keep an eye out for hackers and modders. so i'm guessing thats something that you shouldn't worry about then. =)
                    Last Edited: May 28, 2010 7:14 PM
                    • Test #1

RKO 281 wrote:

All the game or any games needs is support you see a problem you fix it. IW didn't really do that I don't think we will ever know why.

Just laziness and not giving a crap on IW's part.
                      Last Edited: May 28, 2010 7:18 PM
                      • Test #1

pkstar5 wrote:

Use the search button, there was a thread about this a while ago.

you sir, are a ******. noone uses it and u know it. i even bet u dont use it so dont criticize others
                        Last Edited: May 28, 2010 7:36 PM
                        • Test #1
                          read MaTtKS thread. in there somewhere
                          Last Edited: May 28, 2010 9:10 PM
                          • Test #1
                            In a interview Treyarch confirmed that they have a Security team (anti hacking and modding) working on the multiplayer.
                            Last Edited: May 28, 2010 9:50 PM