1 2 3 4 Previous Next 1,194 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2011 6:29 AM by xx CODFATHER o Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: Prestige Unlocks
        loranthun
        Custom Classes, challenges, camouflages in-game.
        Character customisation maybe? To a certain extent of course - I don't want LMG guys running around in sniper suits.
        • 11. Re: Prestige Unlocks
          ghostsquad

lorantHUN wrote:

Custom Classes, challenges, camouflages in-game.
          Character customisation maybe? To a certain extent of course - I don't want LMG guys running around in sniper suits.

Yeah maybe customizable clothing camos?
          • 12. Re: Prestige Unlocks
            klemenkin
            Maybe more call signs? Or golden camo for some weapons?

Also will prestige mode be available for PC?
            • 13. Re: Prestige Unlocks
              jallen-boh
              I think the idea of camos would be the best thing, it doesnt affect the gameplay in anyway, other than aesthetics. If the callsigns are back, then obviously more options for them, extra custom class slots too.

To whoever said about keeping a certain weapon unbalancing the game, it should because the weapon should be balanced with everything else anyways, so it wouldnt really give anyone an advantage if it was balanced..
              • 14. Re: Prestige Unlocks

BOMBER212 wrote:

Well ive allways thought a cool Prestige feature would be that u get to keep one of ur weapons when u do.

I've always liked that idea.  The ability to keep only 1 weapon after prestige (something that would normally be unlocked at later ranks). 

Extra create-a-class slots were huge and Im sure they played a role in what prestige some folks decided to achieve. 

Posting ideas would help if we knew more background about the game content.  I must admit that I havent been following BO as close as I would like and am not sure what depth (if any) there will be to character customization.   I would think that different character camos, clothing, headgear would be a hit.

• 15. Re: Prestige Unlocks
                  Mainfold

Vahn wrote:

As many of you may recall, in World at War we added unlocks to the Prestige ranking. That is to say, as you reach certain levels of Prestige, we unlocked more Create a Class "slots" for you.

This was in addition to the Prestige Icons that had been in the previous game.

We are currently working through a list of Prestige ideas and we ask you to pile on.

First, some ground rules:

Unlocking items that can give you a slight game play advantange like Create a Class slots is fair game, but don't bother with content suggestions:

-upgraded items (my gun is better than your non Prestiged gun)
                  -new content not available in the non Prestige levels (new types of grenades, attachments, or other equipment)

We know exactly what percentage of you opt to Prestige. It just doesn't make sense to develop new game content used by a relatively small percentage of you some of the time, or (as would actually be the case) hold back content from the game for such a small percentage of overall players to use a small percentage of the time.

As you can imagine, that makes tuning and testing a lot more difficult and the cost vs reward of that type of feature development doesn't come out too favorably. It's "expensive" (using that term generically, not to mean money) to develop and tune content that not many people will ever access. Follow me?

The very definition is Prestige does not include the use of the word "exclusive".

Someone who has prestige is widely recognized, has distinction or importance.

What do we give people who Prestige to further that cause? What do you want to identify you, the Prestige gamer, as having this distinction?

Post sticked for 3 days.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

Optional versions of sights and attachments would be cool. Nothing better, only different.

Like, a different type for 4x sight for instance.
                  • 16. Re: Prestige Unlocks
                    I have collaborated every idea in this thread, and I will continue to update it for you Vahn.

Overall, it is quite obvious that the Community wants rewards that they can easily show off to show their Prestige. Unfortunately, this will cause an increase in boosting/hacking, so precautions need to be taken. So here it is, the a list of every idea for Prestige Unlocks:

- Extra Create-A-Class Slots
                    - KillStreaks are Incorporated into Create-A-Class Slots
                    - Extra KillStreak Slots separate from Create-A-Class
                    - Unlockable KillStreak Skins
                    - KillStreaks Camouflages
                    - Extra Gun Camouflages (Including Exotics Camos: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Gold Tiger)
                    - Pack-A-Punched Camouflages
                    - Special Gun Camouflages that do not Reset after Prestiging
                    - Ability to Create Your Own Camouflage
                    - Colored Weapon Flash
                    - Extensive Character Customization in Regards to Clothing and Appearance
                    - Appearance is Relative to Prestige, Such as 1st is Lt. and 10th is Commander
                    - Reznov, Swat, and Terrorist Skins
                    - Character Camouflage Options
                    - Ability to Change Your Character's Voice
                    - Extra Prestige Challenges
                    - Customizable Call Signs with New Titles and Emblems
                    - Ability to Keep One Weapon after You Prestige
                    - Ability to Keep One Perk after You Prestige
                    - Ability to Keep One Piece of Equipment after You Prestige
                    - Ability to Keep Attachments after You Prestige
                    - Flashlight Attachment
                    - Change the Color on Advanced Optics
                    - Different Versions of Attachments and Knife, but has No Enhanced Effect
                    - Unlockable Camouflages for the Knife (Including Gold)
                    - Golden Equipment
                    - Colored Smoke Grenades
                    - Unlockable Pins, Stripes, Patches, and Medals to be Placed on Your Character Model
                    - Engravings, Insignias, and/or Prestige Symbols to be Placed on Your Character Model/Weapon
                    - Weapon Skins to be Placed on Existing Weapons without Changing the Stats
                    - Weapons Parts can be Upgraded without Changing Stats (Gun Customization Menu)
                    - Unlockable Weapons that are Inferior, but Cool Looking
                    - Ability to Change the Color of Your Name while in a Pre-Game Lobby
                    - Ability to Change the Color of Your Clan Tag
                    - Ability to add Extra Characters to Your Clan Tag
                    - Ghillie Suits and Ghillie Camouflages for Weapons
                    - Additional Website Integration/Unlocks
                    - Unlockable Hidden Content from Single Player/Co-Op
                    - Humiliating Weapon Skins/Character Appearance
                    - Great Looking Prestige Icon
                    - Awesome 10th Prestige Unlocks
                    - Ability to Remove Perks
                    - Perks that Hinder Player Performance
                    - Unlockable Xbox 360 Avatar Items/PlayStation Home Content
                    - Unlockable Xbox Live Gamer Picture/PSN Avatar
                    - Unlockable Achievements/Trophies
                    - Prestige Only Playlist
                    - Unique Player Animations, such as Reloading
                    - Weapons Unlock at Higher/Lower Ranks
                    - Takes More/Less XP to Rank Up
                    - Fully Customizable HUD (Shape, Color, Size, Font, etc.)
                    - Different Types and Colors of Crosshairs
                    - Option to Automatically Skip the Kill-Cam
                    - Introduce Fully Customizable Avatars
                    - Random Pre-Set Class that Shuffles the Items in it Every Time the Player Dies
                    - Customizable Text that Displays Across the Enemy Screen while Watching the Kill-Cam
                    - Online "Cheats" for Private Matches
                    - No Rewards; Just Extra Create-A-Classes

Vahn, the Community has spoken about Perks and Prestige by your request, but this time it's different. The Community has spoken up about the addition of a Map-Creator, and about numerous gameplay problems. Please check out this threads below to see what we have in-store for you:

http://callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=240214[/code:1fvpssmt]
                    [code:1fvpssmt]http://callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=238306&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

• 17. Re: Prestige Unlocks
                      cory021
                      I heard somewhere that you can customize your character in Black Ops, similar to Halo. Not sure if this is true or not.

What if there were 10 different unique visual upgrades that can only be unlocked by prestiging. They wouldn't be in any set order, but every time you prestige you randomly pick one and you can keep it for the rest of your Black Ops career.
                      • 18. Re: Prestige Unlocks
                        ghostsquad

jallen-boh wrote:

I think the idea of camos would be the best thing, it doesnt affect the gameplay in anyway, other than aesthetics. If the callsigns are back, then obviously more options for them, extra custom class slots too.

To whoever said about keeping a certain weapon unbalancing the game, it should because the weapon should be balanced with everything else anyways, so it wouldnt really give anyone an advantage if it was balanced..

That's true.
                        • 19. Re: Prestige Unlocks
                          OMGod
                          I would like the ability to have camo unlocks after prestige like bronze, silver, gold and platinum. You could get a bronze for each weapon in a category like assault rifles, once 200 headshots has been achieved for every weapon in that category. The headshot count wouldn't reset on any weapon (towards these camos only) when prestiging further. I feel this wouldn't unbalance the game or deam prestige as "exclusive", simply because camos are cosmetic and these would take much longer to unlock. Platinum could be unlocked at something like 1000 headshots for every gun in that category.
                          1 2 3 4 Previous Next