1 2 3 4 Previous Next 79 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2014 10:35 PM by xXMJIOLNIRXx Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
        The Unseen
        I hate auto aim it only screws me up it doesnt help at all.
        • 11. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
          i would agree with this, stealth is probably one of the top strategies that i use in CoD, and with aim assist in the game, it just makes bad players good for absolutely no reason
          • 12. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)

Sane Hedrone wrote:

Then your really good at aiming.

And its not just a matter of some people need it. Its something practically every console gamer needs. I know most console gamers thinks that it hurts them more than helps them, it doesn't. You may be one of the few exceptions.

Normally, I'm all for widening the skill gap, but when it comes to something like Auto Aim, that effects nearly everybody so severely, I don't take my usual stance.

If auto aim were to be removed, it would do more harm than good. Nearly everybody would have an extremely difficult time aiming (Even if you don't). As a result, automatic, large magazine weapons would become the only viable option for many players. Sniper Rifles, semi automatics, and low magazine sized weapons would all be useless for most players. And since nobody can aim effectively, most people would resort to a very defensive play style.

Basically, MW2 without the BS perks and attachments. Accept instead of Assault Rifles being overpowered, LMGs would be overpowered.

Then maybe its just because I play games alot. But I think at the very least, as I said, you should be able to prevent people from utilizing Aim Assist against you by having a Cold Blooded style perk. It should just be built right into the perk, no requiring a "pro" version.
            • 13. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
              I agree with everything in the OP.

I hate aim assist. I've literally had times where I was just turning and I noticed the movement was sluggish and I look back and it turns out there was a guy prone in a bush in a corner AFC (away from controller) and I feel bad. Other times I'd be trying to shoot someone in a CQB and their teammate would run by and aim assist would follow the teammate, resulting in two assists and my death.

Aim assist to me is the game telling me "You suck!"

I play using a standard Xbox 360 controller, I don't use "FPS Freeks" or "Control Freeks" because to me those are just as bad as aim assist, along with modded controllers. I choose not to bring a crutch with a scope attached to battle for a reason, don't shove it in my face and tell me I suck.
              • 14. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
                Sane Hedrone

Kastro187420 wrote:

Then maybe its just because I play games alot. But I think at the very least, as I said, you should be able to prevent people from utilizing Aim Assist against you by having a Cold Blooded style perk. It should just be built right into the perk, no requiring a "pro" version.

Nothing wrong with that.

As long as the "Anti Aim assist" perk is a standalone perk by itself, I'm sure it would be fine.
                • 15. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
                  Vylent
                  I hate auto aim so much... it has actually cost me kills before. someone runs by and instead of letting me just get a few more shots on the guy im already shooting at. auto aim decides no... your shooting this guy and latches onto the person running by. i think just setting it to off by default will be an ok fix. not alot of ppl go and mess with their settings. they just want to hop in and go go go.
                  • 16. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
                    joshj0215
                    Auto Aim shouldn't exist in HardCore, at all.
                    • 17. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
                      AnOnYmOUs324
                      I despise aim assist. I usually just turn it off because in my opinion is that its flawed in that it at times does the job for you way to much. Just like someone mentioned Aim assist can greatly interfere if you want a sharp and precise shot with your sniper rifle. I also want them to limit aim assist greatly since in MW2 it help a bit to much especially for those new to the game. Your suppose to learn how to aim not let the game do it for you. I might also want to add that the lunging for the knife needs to go back to how it was prior to MW2 in that it took a certain amount of skill and precision to pull it off. Theres alot to point out but I pointed a few problems that I want to see improved in the next call of duty title.

@ Josh

If Im not mistaken aim assist didnt apply to Hardcore before MW2 that is. If Im wrong then Im wrong (never really used aim assist for the most part)

• 18. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
                        Sane Hedrone

Anonymous24 wrote:

@ Josh

If Im not mistaken aim assist didnt apply to Hardcore before MW2 that is. If Im wrong then Im wrong (never really used aim assist for the most part)

I'm not Josh, but I'll answer your question.

Aim Assist has applied to every call of duty game on consoles, always. Hardcore or not.

It has also never been able to have been turned completely off, accept in W@W. Unless you've only played W@W, you've been using Aim assist for quite some time.
                        • 19. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
                          Even turning Aim Assist off in WaW, it was still on a little bit I noticed. I could never get it completely off for some reason.
                          1 2 3 4 Previous Next