1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 79 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2014 10:35 PM by xXMJIOLNIRXx Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
        joshj0215

Anonymous24 wrote:

I despise aim assist. I usually just turn it off because in my opinion is that its flawed in that it at times does the job for you way to much. Just like someone mentioned Aim assist can greatly interfere if you want a sharp and precise shot with your sniper rifle. I also want them to limit aim assist greatly since in MW2 it help a bit to much especially for those new to the game. Your suppose to learn how to aim not let the game do it for you. I might also want to add that the lunging for the knife needs to go back to how it was prior to MW2 in that it took a certain amount of skill and precision to pull it off. Theres alot to point out but I pointed a few problems that I want to see improved in the next call of duty title.

@ Josh

If Im not mistaken aim assist didnt apply to Hardcore before MW2 that is. If Im wrong then Im wrong (never really used aim assist for the most part)

Ok, WM2 was my first CoD. I personally don't like Aim Assist because it can ruin you getting a multikill because the gun sways between enemies, and makes most of the shots go in between them. Unlike most people who had WM2 as there first CoD I agree with the need for more recoil, less powerful killstreaks, and no BS perks such as Commando and Last Stand. (And no deathstreaks, period). I play HC moshpit for the most part since its been released since it makes thing have a slight bit more of balance.
        • 21. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
          thaRad
          that would be great if there was no auto aim. its gotten me killed/found so many times. once i was about to place an AT4 into a group of about 4-5 enemies, and then someone walks in front of me and the aim assist points my rocket at a wall and i kill myself.
          • 22. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
            Rubicon420
            aim assist should be removed entirely
            or at least have a team deathmatch thats automatically turned off for everyone for those of us who think "aim assist" is bs and levels the playing field unfairly

and its not important as someone put it, i play with it off on every game and i do just fine, id do better if everyone else would quit handicappin it.
            • 23. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
              BinaryTox1n
              Most people seem to be taking about the Aim Assist, but the point I most agree with is the teammate spawning. I noticed the exact same thing as you in WaW. I would be flanking around with a silenced weapon, and then 5 idiots spawn next to me shooting off bazookas and LMGs, getting themselves raped and me in the process. Very annoying. I would really appreciate a more "tactical" approach to spawning in this game.

And on the flip side: I am flanking a sniper who I saw pick off one of my teammates, and JUST when I've finished teabagging him and am going to shoot him in the head with my magnum, 3 of his teammates spawn around the corner and ambush me. This is what can happen with this type of spawning.

I vote for something new.
              • 24. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)

BinaryTox1n wrote:

Most people seem to be taking about the Aim Assist, but the point I most agree with is the teammate spawning. I noticed the exact same thing as you in WaW. I would be flanking around with a silenced weapon, and then 5 idiots spawn next to me shooting off bazookas and LMGs, getting themselves raped and me in the process. Very annoying. I would really appreciate a more "tactical" approach to spawning in this game.

And on the flip side: I am flanking a sniper who I saw pick off one of my teammates, and JUST when I've finished teabagging him and am going to shoot him in the head with my magnum, 3 of his teammates spawn around the corner and ambush me. This is what can happen with this type of spawning.

I vote for something new.

Yeah, the spawning issue is what really prompted me to create this thread, although those others have bugged me for quite a while now too. I hate when I'm trying to flank, only to have it ruined due to bad spawn systems. If I spawn on a teammate and its obvious he's trying to flank or something, I duck away and rush the other direction so I don't screw him up... its just too bad no one else shows the same respect.

If there was something in place to prevent people from messing up your tactics through bad spawns, that alone would be enough I think. The Aim Assist/Red Tags are annoying too, but the spawning is the biggest problem for me I think.
                • 25. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
                  [pde]paulkersey
                  Great post and I agree with it. I don't fully know about aiming on the consoles today with a PS3/X360 pad, but I grew up on consoles. Today, I play on PC and I have no trouble whatsoever aiming with my Logitech controller. I've had a problem aiming in WaW on pc with an x360 controller, but not with the Logitech controller. I think it's the way the x360 controller is made. I do wish you guys on the console had an alternative controller to use.

Maybe logitech makes some pads for the x360. You wouldn't need any auto aim with those.
                  • 26. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
                    Red names are one of the things that prevent camping. If there is someone camping in a dark corner and you see his name then you can easily kill the camper.
                    • 27. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
                      anoreo
                      For online gaming there is no reason why a crutch like aim assist needs to be in. Its a competitive online, and the only way you get better is practice. Your aim can never improve if you rely on aim assit. Leave that for campaign
                      • 28. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
                        I think the auto aim in 180 degree knife is a big issue with the aim assist.  This brings me to another point.  The aim assist makes tracking your target that moves quite a bit easier.  In COD4, it was much more difficult to hit a moving target, thus run n gun players oftentimes had the advantage as it was easier to get "away" from bullets.  In MW2, that aim assist/or lock on, helped you trace a moving target quite easier.  Watch your killcams at times, ever notice why the last 1-3 bullets you shoot if you were tracking a moving target, always jump in the direction you were moving after the player dies, its because the aim assist releases off that player.  Try to notice it, it happens always because I run n gun, so I fire, kill the guy and because I was moving the gun aim will move dramatically off of the player I was firing on, as it no longer is locked on to the enemy after death.
                        • 29. Re: "Red Names", Aim Assist, and Spawning...(Stealth Discussion)
                          anoreo
                          I went to Cod4 and trying sniping with my trusty Remington and I dropped an epic fail.....mw2 spoiled me too much :/
                          1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next