1 2 3 Previous Next 249 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2010 7:40 AM by kirby` RSS

Why I am not as worried about Tac Insert as you

Hello,

We love Tac Insert. It does a few things for the game strategy.  A well organized team of Tac Insert user can roll the competition in Demo. It's grand, really, and how it should be. Counter by organizing your own team of Tac Insert users and roll with Hacker.

It also solves a problem. A lot of you are super convinced you can make a better spawn system than we can. That's cool.  So, here you go. Here is Tac Insert. Pick your own spawn point and stop yelling at me.

Trying to use Tac Insert but are getting Tac Insert spawned camped? Well, you probably deserve that but you can now cancel your own Tac Insert in the Killcam. That's new to Black Ops.

The main reason I am not as worried about Tac Insert as you?  We can disable it.  And, I just did for Free-For-All (hardcore and core) variants. It will still work in Private Matches in Free for All, but then you don't get XP in Private Matches so it can't be used for boosting.

The game has a reporting system. Report boosters and let's make examples of them. Once you lay the ban hammer on enough bad people word will get around that we don't take too kindly to this sort of thing.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar
        • 1. Re: Why I am not as worried about Tac Insert as you
          MastaMike9
          I like the idea of canceling your tac insert during killcams, that'll put an end to spawn kills.
          • 2. Re: Why I am not as worried about Tac Insert as you
            ohmygodimonfire9
            As great as this topic is, I still feel people are going to whine about boosting (which is the make reason tacs are seen as horrible monsters that don't deserve to see the light of day) and really, theirs nothing you can do about that. It's only because people haven't gotten all the facts straight. For example i still run into people who think you'll be able to use tacs in wager matches. Just wait it out, or take the proactive approach and make a sticky with everything thats been confirmed.
            • 3. Re: Why I am not as worried about Tac Insert as you
              Glad to hear you guys are taking steps against boosters, but honestly, I was never convinced that Tac insertion was a problem. My stance has always been that the issue is friend's getting in the same lobby together and on opposite teams in team-based games. I always said "Solve that, and you solve boosting.". While I'm disappointed that you've disabled it in FFA, I'm glad to hear you guys will be at least attempting to solve boosting problems.

One thing I would like to ask regarding your Ban Hammer thing is, I was talking to another person who mentioned that because the servers that run Black Ops are Demonware, and not Treyarch's, that you can't actually ban, especially since its a p2p style network. Is this true? Or do you guys have some degree of control over who connects to the game? From what I've been told, it would actually be up to Demonware or Sony/Microsoft (and lets face it, Sony doesn't ban for these things).

That said, I always enjoyed using Tac Insertion against oblivious players. Nothing is more enjoyable than keeping a Tac Insertion behind the enemy player's spawn and keeping the pressure on them while they're left scratching their heads.
              • 4. Re: Why I am not as worried about Tac Insert as you
                not only can we report them, but u CAN BOOSTER HUNT!!! thats like a game mode in its self right there lmao
                • 5. Re: Why I am not as worried about Tac Insert as you
                  Nice   I like the cancel in the kill cams, can't tell you how many time i placed one just to get killed then killed again  Disabled in FFA is sweet as well (though I have used them in FFA to out smart boosters XD) and  I do like using them once in a wile they serve no real purpose in FFA because of the random spawns though this also solved my spawn problem in MW2 I just keep putting one down so I don't become part of the horrible spawn system( most of the time  ) anyway great job maybe this will solve the complaint problem about TI
                  • 6. Re: Why I am not as worried about Tac Insert as you
                    willz123
                    Aslong as tactical insertions arn't used for boosting I'm happy as they can come in handy. Hopefully they have stopped the sound it makes and also stopped it from being visable through walls.
                    • 7. Re: Why I am not as worried about Tac Insert as you
                      staypuftgiant
                      Bout time we got some good news about TI, but let's hope people don't find a way around it and it is used for the purpose it was meant for.
                      • 8. Re: Why I am not as worried about Tac Insert as you
                        PuBsTaR v3
                        So you are actually going to be able to ban people for hacking and boosting ?

I have seen a few interviews where people from Treyarch are throwing that statement around.
                        • 9. Re: Why I am not as worried about Tac Insert as you
                          spokcalb

The main reason I am not as worried about Tac Insert as you? We can disable it. And, I just did for Free-For-All (hardcore and core) variants

i love you Vahn! 
                          1 2 3 Previous Next