38 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2012 6:08 PM by kris10kath RSS

    Only 4 Sniper Rifles?

    mcgaf77
      I was hoping there would be more snipers and more bolt actions. Think there will be more than what has been shown now?
        • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
          peckrslap_
          no sir i do not.
          • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
            suport4u
            there is also the m40
            • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
              T-MInus76
              Maybe their hiding one...??? But even then instead of having 7 assault rifles and SMGs I'd prefer to have a good balance of every weapon, because so far I'm pretty sure we have 4 machine guns and 4 sniper rifles and like I said around 6-7 assault and SMGs. I'm pretty sure because those are the weapons used most.
              • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                No i am sure those are the only sniper rifles, there have always been only a small amount of sniper rifles in call of duty games
                • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                  Skizzy438
                  I think thats it. I would have liked more bolt action snipers to.
                  • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                    HybridSilence
                    The

                    LSW
                    Dragunov
                    PSG-1
                    WA2000

                    and the classified one=5 snipers
                    • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                      Zionikk
                      I hope so.
                      Because sniper rifles are literally the main guns that I use.

                      It would suck if there was only 4 but I wouldnt be too disappointed.

                      I just hope there is atleast two that I can do some awesome quickscoping with.
                      • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                        young-gun99

                        mcgaf77 wrote:

                         

                        I was hoping there would be more snipers and more bolt actions. Think there will be more than what has been shown now?


                        Im pretty sure if their is 4 snipers they would be good but im hoping their would be more than four snipers but i highly doubt it cause in cod6 their were 4 snipers.
                        • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                          ArchAngel_R1
                          already been said, but to re-post it. the M-40 will be in it aswell. (going from memory) Dragonuv(SP?) L96AW, WA2000, M-40, And the PSG-1(classified)
                          • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                            H&K PSG-1? The MGS sniper rifle is in this game, pic's or it didn't happen
                            • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                              ArchAngel_R1

                              thebigb59 wrote:

                               

                              H&K PSG-1? The MGS sniper rifle is in this game, pic's or it didn't happen



                              cheack the black ops wiki, its listed there. and i wasnt alloud to take photos so i cant show you any. :'(
                              • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?

                                ArchAngel_R1 wrote:

                                 

                                thebigb59 wrote:

                                 

                                H&K PSG-1? The MGS sniper rifle is in this game, pic's or it didn't happen



                                cheack the black ops wiki, its listed there. and i wasnt alloud to take photos so i cant show you any. :'(



                                don't trust cod wikia, but if the pgs-1 is in this game, then I will be an very happy camper, I love the PSG-1, been asking for it in cod for ages
                                • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                  ViolentPiggies
                                  I want my Springfield back. that rifle was used for over 30 years by U.S forces.
                                  • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                    ArchAngel_R1
                                    then a happy camper you shall be. for i assure you, on my good name, its in there.
                                    • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?

                                      ViolentPiggies wrote:

                                       

                                      I want my Springfield back. that rifle was used for over 30 years by U.S forces.



                                      it was around in Vietnam, but I would have the M40 over the springfield, also wouldn't mind the Lee-Enfield
                                      • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                        CoolJoker101

                                        Zionikk wrote:

                                         

                                        I hope so.
                                        Because sniper rifles are literally the main guns that I use.

                                        It would suck if there was only 4 but I wouldnt be too disappointed.

                                        I just hope there is atleast two that I can do some awesome quickscoping with.



                                        Wtf no NO! Do not even think about ruining the game with that crap. 
                                        • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                          ArchAngel_R1
                                          if you quick scope you shall be anally raped, no lube 
                                          • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?

                                            ArchAngel_R1 wrote:

                                             

                                            if you quick scope you shall be anally raped, no lube 



                                            Then gutted like a fish
                                            • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                              Mr.Tim-Tim

                                              ArchAngel_R1 wrote:

                                               

                                              if you quick scope you shall be anally raped, no lube 



                                              what no lube.   
                                              • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                                CoolJoker101
                                                If you quickscope you should be epically killed. 
                                                • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                                  Death8u4u

                                                  mcgaf77 wrote:

                                                   

                                                  I was hoping there would be more snipers and more bolt actions. Think there will be more than what has been shown now?



                                                  You don't need a bunch of different sniper rifles as there's only so much that a sniper rifle can do without being overpowered.  You can upgrade the rate of fire via bolt action or semi-auto, sacrificing damage of course.  And you can upgrade accuracy or ammo capacity...we don't need 16 different sniper rifles doing the exact same thing.
                                                  • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                                    ArchAngel_R1

                                                    moster24 wrote:

                                                     

                                                    ArchAngel_R1 wrote:

                                                     

                                                    if you quick scope you shall be anally raped, no lube 



                                                    what no lube.   



                                                    indeed sir. no lube. that way they will regret it more 
                                                    • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?

                                                      Death8u4u wrote:

                                                       

                                                      mcgaf77 wrote:

                                                       

                                                      I was hoping there would be more snipers and more bolt actions. Think there will be more than what has been shown now?



                                                      You don't need a bunch of different sniper rifles as there's only so much that a sniper rifle can do without being overpowered.  You can upgrade the rate of fire via bolt action or semi-auto, sacrificing damage of course.  And you can upgrade accuracy or ammo capacity...we don't need 16 different sniper rifles doing the exact same thing.



                                                      As a fan of the sniper rifle class, I say 16 still isn't enough
                                                      • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                                        ArchAngel_R1

                                                        thebigb59 wrote:

                                                         

                                                        Death8u4u wrote:

                                                         

                                                        mcgaf77 wrote:

                                                         

                                                        I was hoping there would be more snipers and more bolt actions. Think there will be more than what has been shown now?



                                                        You don't need a bunch of different sniper rifles as there's only so much that a sniper rifle can do without being overpowered.  You can upgrade the rate of fire via bolt action or semi-auto, sacrificing damage of course.  And you can upgrade accuracy or ammo capacity...we don't need 16 different sniper rifles doing the exact same thing.



                                                        As a fan of the sniper rifle class, I say 16 still isn't enough




                                                        20 sniper rifles would be my dream. and in order to fire said rifle, you must be scoped in for atleast 3 seconds. 
                                                        • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                                          Death8u4u

                                                          thebigb59 wrote:

                                                           

                                                          Death8u4u wrote:

                                                           

                                                          mcgaf77 wrote:

                                                           

                                                          I was hoping there would be more snipers and more bolt actions. Think there will be more than what has been shown now?



                                                          You don't need a bunch of different sniper rifles as there's only so much that a sniper rifle can do without being overpowered.  You can upgrade the rate of fire via bolt action or semi-auto, sacrificing damage of course.  And you can upgrade accuracy or ammo capacity...we don't need 16 different sniper rifles doing the exact same thing.



                                                          As a fan of the sniper rifle class, I say 16 still isn't enough



                                                          What do you propose that the difference between all 16 is?  Keep in mind nobody in their right mind will be making several guns with the exact same stats or even moderately close, waste of development time.  Besides, there isn't enough opportunities to snipe in multiplayer...you either "quick scope" or you sit around for awhile waiting for a kill to come to you. >.>
                                                          • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?

                                                            Death8u4u wrote:

                                                             

                                                            What do you propose that the difference between all 16 is?  Keep in mind nobody in their right mind will be making several guns with the exact same stats or even moderately close, waste of development time.  Besides, there isn't enough opportunities to snipe in multiplayer...you either "quick scope" or you sit around for awhile waiting for a kill to come to you. >.>



                                                            I find ways to snipe, on COD4 i could snipe on every map, even Shipment.

                                                            There are different types of sniper rifles, you do have semi-auto and single shot, but there is full auto sniper rifles
                                                            • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                                              ArchAngel_R1
                                                              its all about the use of cover, your ghillie, and where you choose to sit. Ive had it on MW2 where i cant pull the bolt quick enough on my intervention, same on W@W with the Springfield.
                                                              • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                                                Death8u4u

                                                                thebigb59 wrote:

                                                                 

                                                                Death8u4u wrote:

                                                                 

                                                                What do you propose that the difference between all 16 is?  Keep in mind nobody in their right mind will be making several guns with the exact same stats or even moderately close, waste of development time.  Besides, there isn't enough opportunities to snipe in multiplayer...you either "quick scope" or you sit around for awhile waiting for a kill to come to you. >.>



                                                                I find ways to snipe, on COD4 i could snipe on every map, even Shipment.

                                                                There are different types of sniper rifles, you do have semi-auto and single shot, but there is full auto sniper rifles



                                                                Which the fact that nobody developing the Call of Duty franchise has every bothered to put time into developing a fully auto sniper, it's quite evident that they and many others would find it vastly overpowered even if it had a lot of recoil or very little damage.  But fine, you'd be able to technically make another 2 sniper rifles with the "auto" sniper unlocked.  >.>  Congrats..you're up to 6.
                                                                • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?

                                                                  Death8u4u wrote:

                                                                   

                                                                  thebigb59 wrote:

                                                                   

                                                                  Death8u4u wrote:

                                                                   

                                                                  What do you propose that the difference between all 16 is?  Keep in mind nobody in their right mind will be making several guns with the exact same stats or even moderately close, waste of development time.  Besides, there isn't enough opportunities to snipe in multiplayer...you either "quick scope" or you sit around for awhile waiting for a kill to come to you. >.>



                                                                  I find ways to snipe, on COD4 i could snipe on every map, even Shipment.

                                                                  There are different types of sniper rifles, you do have semi-auto and single shot, but there is full auto sniper rifles



                                                                  Which the fact that nobody developing the Call of Duty franchise has every bothered to put time into developing a fully auto sniper, it's quite evident that they and many others would find it vastly overpowered even if it had a lot of recoil or very little damage.  But fine, you'd be able to technically make another 2 sniper rifles with the "auto" sniper unlocked.  >.>  Congrats..you're up to 6.



                                                                  A fully auto sniper is almost as stupid as a fully auto shotgun
                                                                  thats my opinion
                                                                  • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                                                    No no. NO M40. One bolt action is good enough. So is one Semi-Auto but that doesn't matter.

                                                                    And CoD Wiki isn't useful because many edits in CoD Wiki don't even have any proof. Apparently, "John" Soap Mactavish actually exists, even though Soap was NEVER EVER called John. Not even Price, who's name happens to be John Price.
                                                                    • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                                                      COD Lover567
                                                                      If you want an overview of all the weapons perks camo's etc. try cod7blackops.com. If you dont want it spoiled then dont stop by.  
                                                                      • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                                                        MOSSin-Nagant
                                                                        The AA-12 is the best designed weapon in the history of man IRL ... and it shows in MW2... although i don't use it... (like the spas too much)

                                                                        youtube it... it fires HE rounds ... thats just awesome.

                                                                        ON TOPIC:
                                                                        the PSG-1 IS in it... so i coulden't care less about other ones... needing to unlock all of them just to get it however... will be a *****.

                                                                        meh... Hitman's sniper will have to do till i get Snake's.

                                                                        and slight of hand pro doesn't affect snipers in BO ... so real quickscoping is out... only run n gun sniping (which is what i do =D).
                                                                        • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                                                          sniper rifles are pretty similiar so i dont think there need to be that many.
                                                                          • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?

                                                                            ArchAngel_R1 wrote:

                                                                             

                                                                            already been said, but to re-post it. the M-40 will be in it aswell. (going from memory) Dragonuv(SP?) L96AW, WA2000, M-40, And the PSG-1(classified)



                                                                            And where did you get that info from

                                                                            Strenux wrote:

                                                                             

                                                                            Maybe their hiding one...??? But even then instead of having 7 assault rifles and SMGs I'd prefer to have a good balance of every weapon, because so far I'm pretty sure we have 4 machine guns and 4 sniper rifles and like I said around 6-7 assault and SMGs. I'm pretty sure because those are the weapons used most.



                                                                            I really hope so. Having 10 ARs, 9 SMGs, and 4 sniper rifles just doesn't make sense. They knew that MW2 had more than 50% snipers, why would they still make a low amount of sniper rifles?
                                                                            • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                                                              tacTic_predeTor
                                                                              L96A1, M40, Dragonuv, Wa2000, and I dont know after that.
                                                                              • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                                                                CookieTurkey
                                                                                how much variation do you want in a sniper rifle? you already have your one hit k.o. snipers what more do you want? so basically all u really need is the bolt action and the semiauto sniper and your done
                                                                                • Re: Only 4 Sniper Rifles?
                                                                                  dubbelfrisss579
                                                                                  barret 50.call, dragunov, l96a1 or l96aw, wa2000, m40, psg1! all the snipers!