35 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2010 3:55 PM by platinumb RSS

Who Here Doesn't Ever Prestige?

So who here hasn't every prestiged? I haven't ever because I never really thought it was worth it, and I probably won't in BO to keep the tradition going. :P I just wanted to know who else doesn't ever prestige. Also because I rarely ever see other level 70's and people online often ask why I don't prestige and how I don't get bored with the game. Honestly, I still have challenges that I can complete and it's just fun playing with friends.
        • Test #1
          Re: Who Here Doesn't Ever Prestige?
          never did on cod4 waw or mw2 i think its pointless
          Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 12:44 PM
          • Test #1
            I can't not prestige, if i don't i get bored i like to have something to strive for.
            Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 12:45 PM
            • Test #1
              Yeah I just get a hard-on every time I prestige, so... yeah...
              Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 12:47 PM
              • Test #1
                I have never prestiged. Reason being is because I don't believe it's worth it... You don't really get anything useful and you're giving up all your guns, classes, completed challenges, and gun camos that you worked for just for a new little picture by your name.

Black Ops will most likely be the first COD game that I will prestige in because it brings something with it this time and that's the solid camo. So we'll just have to see how it goes, but as of right now, I have never prestiged.
                Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 12:49 PM
                • Test #1
                  I haven't in MW2. like to prove i haven't used a lobby.
                  Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 12:53 PM
                  • Test #1
                    IM legit 10th on all cod games (COD4-COD5-MW2)
                    Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 12:53 PM
                    • Test #1
                      It's kind of wussy not to prestige.. Unless you don't play the game that much.
                      Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 12:55 PM
                      • Test #1
                        I've only prestiged once cause on mw2 everyone was and i wanted to train from level one again, but im still not a level 70 and if i do become one i will prestige, but im playing WaW right now, i might prestige for the achievment, i might not cause its 15 game5rscore, i might prestige in Black ops, only if you get special things for it, but what im most happy about is Zombies, wager matches, campaign, killstreaks, and creating your personel emblem anyway, I cut the crap now, i like to prestige, only once have i prestiged, but i like to, its not being the same level, and the chalenges after rank 70 arent worth it, i do chalenges for the XP! Back to you Greg.
                        Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 12:56 PM
                        • Test #1

deroshia12 wrote:

I can't not prestige, if i don't i get bored i like to have something to strive for.

exactly. It gets boring after a while being stuck on lvl.65.
                          Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 12:58 PM
                          • Test #1
                            For me it gets boring if I don't prestige. Love unlocking guns, doing challenges and unlocking camos. It does get tiring around the 7/8th prestige but why stop there might as well go to 10th.
                            Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 1:01 PM
                            • Test #1
                              yeah im legit 10% on mw2 but its boring now all u got 2 do is stupid challenges. im glad i did in a way but wish i wasn't 10% prestige maybe 7/8 so u got something 2 do the last month 2.Only 11 days to black ops can't wait got mine pre-ordered
                              Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 1:09 PM
                              • Test #1
                                yeah im legit 10% on mw2 but its boring now all u got 2 do is stupid challenges. im glad i did in a way but wish i wasn't 10% prestige maybe 7/8 so u got something 2 do the last month 2.Only 11 days to black ops can't wait got mine pre-ordered
                                Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 1:11 PM
                                • Test #1
                                  I love prestigeing, but I hate it when people don't prestige just so they can have OMA tube because they don't know how to play without it.
                                  Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 1:17 PM
                                  • Test #1
                                    I prestige simply because its part of the game. Besides if I never prestiged I would never know what rank I would be at after 20 days of playtime and I kinda like knowing that stat.
                                    Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 1:18 PM
                                    • Test #1

Blackninja12 wrote:

deroshia12 wrote:

exactly. It gets boring after a while being stuck on lvl.65.

I agree, and I also think that was why I got really bored of BC2. You unlocked everything pretty easily, and once you did, you are just bored. There is nothing to strive for accept getting 1000 or so kills with every weapon. And on the topic of prestiging I prestige in every CoD since CoD4. Until I lost my old account, so I just get to the max level and just stay there. I am going to go into train mode to get the max prestige in Black Ops. 
                                      Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 1:25 PM
                                      • Test #1
                                        i am legit 10th on all cod games COD4-WAW-MW2 i dont know if i will on this one what do you guys think

for yes
                                                  or
                                           for no
                                        Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 1:26 PM
                                        • Test #1
                                          Since you asked, and no offence… but not prestiging is fairly ***** to be honest, that's why people are always asking "why don't you prestige ", and you're pretty much telling everyone who sees those five stars as your emblem...
                                          "I have no balls, and I care about my K/D more than progressing in the game."

Not only that, but Prestige in W@W and MW2 is absolutely beneficial, and makes you much more of a lethal player because you unlock extra create-a class slots, and anyone who has a fairly high K/D knows that having alot of options to switch off to for countering or complementing what's going on in the match is extremely helpful.
                                          Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 1:53 PM
                                          • Test #1

daveanator wrote:

never did on cod4 waw or mw2 i think its pointless

Yeah... like punctuation... yeah... or my response...

Maybe in COD4 but WaW and MW2 got you class slots which aren't pointless.
                                            Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 1:56 PM
                                            • Test #1
                                              Proud to say I've never ever prestiged on my own will.

I really, really don't like a system where you rank up to get guns and perks and all sorts of other goodies. I simply hate having to level up to get things. It's not an issue with the game, or anything like that. I simply enjoy having everything available to me when I want it. And prestiging, like it rightfully should, goes against that.

So, I don't prestige. The only time I would ever contemplate prestiging is if the reward was actually something that would give you an advantage, like a new weapon, perk, whatever. I wouldn't like a system like that, I don't want a system like that, and a system like that may as well remove prestige all together and just have us rank up from 1 to 700. 

If you prestige to keep things interesting, or because you want to show how much time you've spent and how devoted you are to the game, by all means. My only gripe is against those who are under the impression that those who don't prestige are committing some great sin (or that they are bad at call of duty), and should be castrated and sacrificed to the gods of prestiging.

Ya, lolz.
                                              Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 2:06 PM
                                              • Test #1
                                                I prestige when I find it worth prestiging. In CoD4, I never bothered. I'm still a 5-star non-prestige on my main account. In WaW... I never got high enough to actually make the choice. In MW2, I prestiged up to 7 for the extra classes.

In Black Ops, I'll prestige at least until I unlock the next 5 Custom Classes. After that point, if there isn't anything worth having that is beneficial, I'll stop at whatever prestige that is.
                                                Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 2:08 PM
                                                • Test #1
                                                  COD 4 = Nope
                                                  WAW = Nope
                                                  MW2 = once

BO = Probably not

I think its stupid that people have to prestige to earn extra custom class slots, I use very few guns so I will be fine with the 5, I dont care about the extra camo's or emblems either.
                                                  Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 2:11 PM
                                                  • Test #1
                                                    CoD4 = 10th Prestige
                                                    WaW = 10th Prestige
                                                    MW2 = 10th Prestige
                                                    BO = Future 15th Prestige

I couldn't not prestige, the game would get boring.
                                                    Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 2:15 PM
                                                    • Test #1
                                                      I got to prestige 5 on CoD4, didn't on WaW because there were too many gun  attachments :P, and gave up at 5th on MW2. I'll just keep on going as much as I can on Black Ops.
                                                      Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 2:20 PM
                                                      • Test #1

bsmasters wrote:

Since you asked, and no offence… but not prestiging is fairly ***** to be honest, that's why people are always asking "why don't you prestige ", and you're pretty much telling everyone who sees those five stars as your emblem...
                                                        "I have no balls, and I care about my K/D more than progressing in the game."

Not only that, but Prestige in W@W and MW2 is absolutely beneficial, and makes you much more of a lethal player because you unlock extra create-a class slots, and anyone who has a fairly high K/D knows that having alot of options to switch off to for countering or complementing what's going on in the match is extremely helpful.

Well I respect what you think but I just wanted to answer back on this. I personally don't really care anymore about my K/D. I did when I was first leveling up. Sure it's great when you don't go negative, but at this point it really doesn't matter to me since I'm a level 70 and I have been for a while now. This is a good thing for me because now I don't have to worry about how good I play and I can play for fun or focus on challenges. Now I can enjoy the the game and not worry about leveling up fast and trying to always get the most points I can get in a single game. Also since I'm pretty good at these games, I don't need another 5 classes. My 5 classes are all I need and I've made them to suit my style of play.
                                                        Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 2:51 PM
                                                        • Test #1
                                                          I went first prestige in MW2 and immediately regretted it. Never did it on WaW or CoD4.
                                                          Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 2:55 PM
                                                          • Test #1
                                                            I don't. The only reason being that I play so many different games that by the time the next COD comes out I haven't played the most recent one enough to prestige. I got MW2 the day it came out and I am only like level 30.
                                                            Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 2:56 PM
                                                            • Test #1
                                                              I usually prestige after camping 2 weeks or so but in MW2, since it was much fail, I've been camping 5th for about 2-4 months now.

My friend doesn't prestige and I guess it's alright since he sucks and never plays.
                                                              Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 2:58 PM
                                                              • Test #1
                                                                I love to prestige.
                                                                I wasn't going to in cod4 and stayed lvl 50 forever and got a lot of camos but then I got bored.
                                                                Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 3:05 PM
                                                                • Test #1
                                                                  Eh, depends on the case.

COD4, just hammered to tenth. WAW, I got to about 3rd, stayed there, but then prestiged and got bored and pissed. MW2, I 'illegitly' went to 10th on the 360, but went through 1st prestige and won't budge due to black ops coming out soon and the ******* in the game.

I might and might not prestige in black ops. If it takes the same time to rank up in WAW as black ops...no. If the gameplay sucks...no.
                                                                  Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 3:15 PM
                                                                  • Test #1
                                                                    My mom doesn't prestige
                                                                    Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 3:16 PM
                                                                    • Test #1
                                                                      I got to 3rd prestige in COD4 and realised what the DUCK is the point? So in W@W and MW2 i havent bothered, Besides in MW2 the 10th prestige icon is the insignia of a boosternoob now.
                                                                      Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 3:17 PM
                                                                      • Test #1
                                                                        {no subject}
                                                                        I prestiged in Cod4 and mw2.
                                                                        Never played waw enough to prestige because i hated the dark gritty maps.
                                                                        Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 3:22 PM
                                                                        • Test #1
                                                                          in BO there are only 50 levels and they are using the 50, 100 system from MW2. Don't be surprised if you see people in 4th prestige with in a week.
                                                                          Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 3:29 PM
                                                                          • Test #1
                                                                            I didn't go all the way on COD4 because I didn't want to be part of the gold cross massive. I didn't on MW2 because most people either boosted or hacked their way to 10th and there is a good chance I probably won't in Black Ops. I might pick one that I like the look of and get to that one and stop.
                                                                            If there is more of an incentive to go all the way then maybe I will.
                                                                            Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 3:49 PM
                                                                            • Test #1
                                                                              I gotta prestige. It is for my health.
                                                                              Last Edited: Oct 29, 2010 3:55 PM