1 2 3 Previous Next 169 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2011 6:13 PM by BORN 2B BANNED AGAIN RSS

Glitchers, Hackers, Modders, Exploits

This is going to be my one and only statement on this topic, so pay attention.

I got Twitbombed today from dozens of people the same 2 links. Some are people using old dashboards or old versions of the game. Others are claiming victory on old dev builds that don't even connect to the version of Xbox Live that you use. Others are reproducible issues that we will hotfix or patch just like we said we would. In essence, we likely know more about it than you do from watching a video on Vimeo or YouTube.

What many of these people want is to be Internet nerd famous. I'm not going to make them famous and you shouldn't either. Internet hysteria from normal people is exactly what they want and that's how many people reacted today. You gave them exactly what they want.

Given the opportunity, I'd personally wield the ban hammer for anyone who thinks he is clever by abusing any glitches. Good think I don't have the opportunity that often and we actually have a constructive, measured, and well-managed live ops team.

We said we would support the game. We are going to support it.

I've gone out of my way using my own limited, personal time to try and get to know about 8000 (and growing) as best I can. The last thing I want is for you to think that because I don't talk about it ... that we don't know or care about it. We didn't spend 2 years of our lives to toss it all in the trash in one day.

I thank all of you who sent in polite, constructive messages without the hysterics.

So here is my one and only public statement about it.

I'm not going to talk about it publicly. We are disinterested in making mini-celebrities out of douche-bags. You better think twice before you glitch. You never know who in your game doesn't like glitchers who reports you and saves the game in their File Share and tells us about it.

Our forum admins and VIPs along with JD_2020 (Community Manager) will be managing the communication directly.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar
        • 1. Re: Glitchers, Hackers, Modders, Exploits
          Sharpshooter14XIV
          LMAO! That's a great way to describe them Vahn, Douchebags!
          • 2. Re: Glitchers, Hackers, Modders, Exploits
            The 13th Murder
            speaking of glitchers, are you currently aware of the rumored CP glitch?
            • 3. Re: Glitchers, Hackers, Modders, Exploits
              OMGod

Vahn wrote:

I'm not going to talk about it publicly. We are disinterested in making mini-celebrities out of douche-bags. You better think twice before you glitch. You never know who in your game doesn't like glitchers who reports you and saves the game in their File Share and tells us about it.

One of the best Vahn quotes thus far.

Behind this of course:

Vahn wrote:

Simply incredulous scandal-mongering has bewitched you.

I have it on good faith from the highest authority that the RC-XD is a modest device of dismemberment. Individuals known only to me have frequently driven the RC-XD through it's mere 30 seconds of effective life without encountering a soul on some of the larger playing surfaces.

Furthermore, the highest technical authorities have limited presence of these devil devices to a mere three in total and two from any one team. After many long nights alone with the abacus, the data suggest that it's effective kill ratio is 0.74 KPM, which is significantly less than the most popular weapons as those trend north of 3.xx KPM.

Why yes, it is true you can frequently encounter this Spawn of Satan in the world. It would be a violation of the code of ethics to tell you otherwise. Yet such devices are easily countered with "Flash Bangs." "Jammer," "Claymores" and other assorted lethal, tactical, and equipment types.

I have exchanged a series of written correspondence with the wizards responsible for this topic. I am forced to agree with their conclusions that any attempt to migrate this award from it's current location to a new one, causes new problems worthy of an entirely new level of even more controversial debate.

Good luck and god save the queen.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

• 4. Re: Glitchers, Hackers, Modders, Exploits

Vahn wrote:

This is going to be my one and only statement on this topic, so pay attention.

I got Twitbombed today from dozens of people the same 2 links. Some are people using old dashboards or old versions of the game. Others are claiming victory on old dev builds that don't even connect to the version of Xbox Live that you use. Others are reproducible issues that we will hotfix or patch just like we said we would. In essence, we likely know more about it than you do from watching a video on Vimeo or YouTube.

What many of these people want is to be Internet nerd famous. I'm not going to make them famous and you shouldn't either. Internet hysteria from normal people is exactly what they want and that's how many people reacted today. You gave them exactly what they want.

Given the opportunity, I'd personally wield the ban hammer for anyone who thinks he is clever by abusing any glitches. Good think I don't have the opportunity that often and we actually have a constructive, measured, and well-managed live ops team.

We said we would support the game. We are going to support it.

I've gone out of my way using my own limited, personal time to try and get to know about 8000 (and growing) as best I can. The last thing I want is for you to think that because I don't talk about it ... that we don't know or care about it. We didn't spend 2 years of our lives to toss it all in the trash in one day.

I thank all of you who sent in polite, constructive messages without the hysterics.

So here is my one and only public statement about it.

Our forum admins and VIPs along with JD_2020 (Community Manager) will be managing the communication directly.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

Good job! 
                • 5. Re: Glitchers, Hackers, Modders, Exploits
                  ctp123
                  You tell 'em Vahn!
                  NO B.S. Here!
                  • 7. Re: Glitchers, Hackers, Modders, Exploits
                    Thelolas
                         Bless you sir. Bless you.
                    • 8. Re: Glitchers, Hackers, Modders, Exploits
                      jmor
                      Thank you Vahn. The entire afternoon consisted of people posting supposed hacked lobbies completely missing key features in the video showing they were utter horse ****. Glad to see something is being done to help control the masses.
                      • 9. Re: Glitchers, Hackers, Modders, Exploits
                        kirby`
                        Vahn and I would make great friends.
                        1 2 3 Previous Next