12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2010 1:15 AM by Ghost_Server RSS

How can I run this game on AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz???

Ghost_Server
      This game is just so different from its predecessors, what is different? Well, the System requirement for this game is just crazy. I can run Modern Warfare 2 and World At War at full graphics smoothly. When I approach Black Ops (Which is "supposedly" be like World At War), I cannot start the game!!! I cannot believe this game needs AMD Phenom X3! Its just a HUGE difference!!!

I only have AMD Athlonx2 Dual Core 5400+, is there anyway I can play this game? Or is Treyarch gonna make a patch to fix this problem??????

Let me show you what I mean:
      http://img259.imageshack.us/i/sys2.png/

http://img709.imageshack.us/i/sys3.png/
        • Re: How can I run this game on AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz???
          MBlack
          u dont meet the minimum....
          and its nothing like WaW
            zackyd
            Well the changes in the engine code make the game put more pressure on the CPU than the GPU for god knows why. just wait it out hopefully treyarch can patch the weird coding issues
              Dantoshou

MBlack wrote:

and its nothing like WaW

have you read the minimum requirements? or shall i copy pas-

PC Minimum System Requirements
              Posted: 20 days ago

* Report this post

Now it's official =).

Call of Duty: Black Ops PC Minimum System Requirements:

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 or better
              Memory: 12 GB free hard drive space / 2GB RAM
              Video Card: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT / ATI Radeon® X1950Pro or better

yes it says thats the minimum, but i also have a lower processor on my main rig fella!

Just wait till they realize how messed up things are and sort it out for us! 
                Ghost_Server

Dantoshou wrote:

MBlack wrote:

and its nothing like WaW

* Report this post

Now it's official =).

Video Card: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT / ATI Radeon® X1950Pro or better

yes it says thats the minimum, but i also have a lower processor on my main rig fella!

So are you saying your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements and you can play the game?
                  Dantoshou

Ghost_Server wrote:

Dantoshou wrote:

MBlack wrote:

and its nothing like WaW

* Report this post

Now it's official =).

So are you saying your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements and you can play the game?

Yes i can but i too have slight problems, it is not unbearable with certain tweeks, i have the AMD 3.2ghz black edition 6400+ on my main pc, with a 9800gt gfx card, yet, i tried on my laptop which has an I5 intel and the best mobile card atm and i could play with no stutter at all, the shame is they have screwed the regular consumer who cant afford to buy these more powerful machines 
                    |GEN| Bradley

Ghost_Server wrote:

Yes

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ 2.41ghz
                    EVGA 9800GT 1 gig
                    4 gigs of ram

cant run it full bore but I can still easily play this game once I tweak it a little.

|GEN| Bradley wrote:

Ghost_Server wrote:

Yes

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ 2.41ghz
                      EVGA 9800GT 1 gig
                      4 gigs of ram

cant run it full bore but I can still easily play this game once I tweak it a little.

I find that hard to believe. I have almost the same rig.
                      AMD Athlon 64x2 5000+ 2.6ghz
                      BFG 9800gtx+ 1gig
                      4g ram

Yes. I can run it but, only with everything OFF and 800x600. I still only get like 10fps.
                      I tweaked the hell out of the cfg file too.
                      -good luck
                        |GEN| Bradley
                        1024x768 and getting 45-50fps until they drop napalm, use a flamethrower, or drop a gas grenade then I fall into the 15-20fps range.

So I think you have something else wrong with your rig. I know the other guys in my clan that meet the min req's and who have unlocked their maxfps are seeing 120+ fps. Other people in my clan that are in the same boat as me are seeing 40-50 fps, so if your rig is only getting 10 fps something is wrong on your rig. There are also the clan members who are not messing with the FPS and meet the req's that are top lined at 60 fps.
                          This game is a CPU hog. My GPU is barely doing anything.
                            mashk
                            Tried this on an AMD X2 7750  @ 2.7 GHZ coupled with an ATI 4830. Ran like rubbish at first, then I applied the tweaks.

I set the resolution to about 1280 x 720
                            Details mostly high, except shadows which I turned off. Anti Aliasing was set to 4, no AF.

On the first two levels framerate was in the high 40s/50s with dips to about 25 when ALOT was happening in screen. It was certainly playable, but I honestly can't see why this game is such a resource hog. Apart from a cool dynamic light effect I saw, there really isn't that much difference between this MW2 or indeed WAW.

Also, I couldn't get this running properly in Windows 7, all my tests were done in Windows XP.  To anyone thinking of getting it, with a similar spec, I'd hold fire until the inevitable patch comes out.
                              Corporal Hudson

I find that hard to believe. I have almost the same rig.
                              AMD Athlon 64x2 5000+ 2.6ghz
                              BFG 9800gtx+ 1gig
                              4g ram

Yes. I can run it but, only with everything OFF and 800x600. I still only get like 10fps.
                              I tweaked the hell out of the cfg file too.
                              -good luck

I have the SAME pc except the 1gig 9800GTX+, mine is just 512mb but I run Black Ops on 1600x1200 4xAA extra detail textures, NO shadows, large number of corpses and I get 60 fps for first 5 mins or random short time. After this time the CPU Usage issue comes BOOM - 90% Usage and fps drops to 10-20 after a while it fix itself and everthings fine for another 5 mins then broke again - repeat. We can run it mate, Treyarch messes this game so bad and the fault is all theirs. I hope they will fix this because I can play Metro 2033, Mafia 2 and MW2 on HIGH without any FPS drop but no Black Ops will **** up with me. Its not our PC's its Treyarch coding.
                                Ghost_Server
                                Okay, I can play the game now. Its just that it is really laggy. Is Treyarch gonna release a patch soon???

AMD athlonx2 5400+ 2.8Ghz
                                4GB RAM
                                Nvidia 9600GT 512mb
                                windows 7 ultimate 64