1 2 3 Previous Next 85 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2010 6:25 AM by duud RSS

PC Issues

Hello-

I've generally been the sort that says if I don't have any information it's best to not say anything, but that can get translated incorrectly as being disinterested.

When people are upset, they want answers. When someone from Treyarch replies, but doesn't have answers I have found it just makes them more upset.

This is the truth. As I have said, I'm not totally sure what is going on yet. I am not in the office. I am travelling for work. I can only gleam bits and pieces from various email aliases I am on (and I am not on every alias as it's too much email especially for mobile device when traveling).

I know that Customer Support has been collecting information and trying to sort out the legit reports from the many people who don't meet the system requirements by collecting dxdiags and the like.

I know that the PC server browser was crushing the back-end. At first, queries were restricted and some caching was added to offset the high-load. This should be much better now, if not fixed outright.

I've asked for more information but don't have it yet. Probably because they are all super busy trying to work everything out.

Unfortunately, I am going to have to step on a plane this afternoon and will be out of service for  no less than 15 hours. No doubt JD_2020 or the board admins will keep you informed as well as they can and are instructed.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar
        • 1. Re: PC Issues
          sw015
          So you basicly what you're saying is that you nor the other developers can confirm they are working on a fix? Interesting, assuming you get to travel the world to show people how much of a great game black ops is, but it's not working? It just looks like another big company way of handling. You and I both know that a simple call to the HQ's with a simple list of problems to sort out will do the job.

Here's some problems:
          - FPS is just too low or your requirements we're incorrect. (A lot of intel users)
          - The treyarch official servers aren't working
          - Friend list isn't working.

You have a full team to create a super game but once released you have no single person/team that can get paid to actually check the problems theirself or check the forums? + Where is this "community manager" and why is he tweeting on his top15 ranking in the leaderboards?

I'm sorry for being critical, but I paid for a game and I want to play the game. Not here sitting and waiting on a patch after 1 min I installed the game since I can't play due FPS problems..  I hope you understand my point and will take my advice to just, for once, don't come with the standard "we are doing the best we can" solution, yes you can set a whole team at customer service to note the problems, but it's better to have another team ready to fixing it. Atleast thanks for giving us an official reply, too bad it's to standard for me to believe or I'm just too annoyed by the fact that I can't play and other people can after I did an upgrade + bought the game for around 350eu just to play this game.

Edit: Again, thanks for posting. But I think it would be nothing wrong in letting JD_2020 know that he is not doing his job as he should. I've tweeted him numerous times with no response, yet he manages to tweet he is top15 in ranking? Sorry but that is just pissing me off.
          • 2. Re: PC Issues
            ic6087

sw015 wrote:

So you basicly what you're saying is that you nor the other developers can confirm they are working on a fix? Interesting, assuming you get to travel the world to show people how much of a great game black ops is, but it's not working? It just looks like another big company way of handling. You and I both know that a simple call to the HQ's with a simple list of problems to sort out will do the job.

Here's some problems:
            - FPS is just too low or your requirements we're incorrect. (A lot of intel users)

You have a full team to create a super game but once released you have no single person/team that can get paid to actually check the problems theirself or check the forums? + Where is this "community manager" and why is he tweeting on his top15 ranking in the leaderboards?

I'm sorry for being critical, but I paid for a game and I want to play the game. Not here sitting and waiting on a patch after 1 min I installed the game since I can't play due FPS problems..  I hope you understand my point and will take my advice to just, for once, don't come with the standard "we are doing the best we can" solution, yes you can set a whole team at customer service to note the problems, but it's better to have another team ready to fixing it. Atleast thanks for giving us an official reply, too bad it's to standard for me to believe or I'm just too annoyed by the fact that I can't play and other people can after I did an upgrade + bought the game for around 350eu just to play this game.

Its only just a few hours ago been a full day since release. They are still busy in things regarding the release. Take a breather, everything will be okay.  Give them a little more than 29 hours to fix some issues, I am impressed with a reply this early.  Better than being left with nothing. Thanks.
            • 3. Re: PC Issues
              Jestrix
              Thanks for some communication at last! Even if you don't actually say much, just knowing at least ONE Dev is checking the boards gives some hope.

When it comes to mr JD_2020 I believe he should be sacked. He's the community manager? Really? Where is he? Why is he not talking to his community about the problems we're facing? Tweeting about reaching top 15 in zombie mode is an outright insult to the hundreds of thousands of people that can't play the game due to technical difficulties.

The list of critical faults atm should be like sw015 said (and i'll add mine to the list):

- No way to add and/or connect to a favorite server via IP (can't even find or connect to the server Iv'e rented!)
              - Massive server lag (seems to affect every single server. Some more, some less)
              • 4. Re: PC Issues
                sw015
                Yes, and I feel tons better after an official post was made. But I also feel I have the right to speak my mind about these problems and letting them know how the community feels at this moment. For now, I've paid 50 euro for a game that is not working for me, so I  guess I've paid 50eu to speak my mind until it's fixed. I hope they will actually browse the forums here, a lot of usefull stuff they can work with.
                • 5. Re: PC Issues
                  cMxB
                  Hi

Unfortunately Vahn hasn't "Stickied" his post so it will be lost with all the other complaints within minutes.

However at least they have responded even if it says nothing :shock:

The worrying part of that phrase is the "legit reports from the many people who don't meet the system requirements"  I'm sorry but the majority of the people on here have equal or better specs than recommended, so its nothing to do with Specs.  If they load Black Ops on a PC and go and join a busy server (if they can find one) then they will see the problem within minutes.

Thanks for the response though Vahn 
                  • 6. Re: PC Issues
                    s1sorex
                    Thank you for an update (of sorts) regarding the PC issues.

It does often seem that people expect instant results when they post issues, and when they don't hear from a developer or use the appropriate channels (for instance a lot of bug reporting is happening here rather then in the Technical Support area) they get frustrated and a forum is the easiest place to air those views.

My only concerns at present are serverside rate issues, the friends list, lack of /connect, /bind and /addfavorite from console and the CPU bottlenecking, but these issues have been multiple times already, and are likely being dealt with as I write this post.

I would figure the dev team are busy enough fixing the most critical issues at present, and I would rather they sat there doing just that then responding to every other thread here. That said, there should be an update from a CM stating that bugs X, Y and Z are being fixed, patch coming soon in a locked sticky or something similar.
                    • 7. Re: PC Issues
                      I had some major lagg aswell even when my ping is low and my PC can run this game on high.

Anyway I think its the fps.
                      Some things that might work:
                      Go to your setting from steam and unvink enable steam cloud blabla
                      Type in your console: /com_maxfps 250

These things worked for me (The lagg is not over entireley but its playable now).

T-Monkey
                      • 8. Re: PC Issues
                        Ggd07

Its only just a few hours ago been a full day since release. They are still busy in things regarding the release. Take a breather, everything will be okay.  Give them a little more than 29 hours to fix some issues, I am impressed with a reply this early.  Better than being left with nothing. Thanks.

Sorry dude, but this is ridiculous !!!!

Why shouldn't have we been able to play the game from the first?

Why release the game when it has such HUGE ISSUES!

Why do I, as I consumer, who pre-ordered this product should not be able to play and should WAIT ?

Why should I give time to a company that didn't test the game properly to sort this out, until I sit and watch how the consoles play it ?

So Why ?

I have patience, but I can't wait no more. They shouldn't have released the game if its not working, or should have delayed it at least.
                        • 9. Re: PC Issues
                          Jestrix
                          Thats right s1sorex, because that's a CM's job after all..not bragging about reaching top-lists
                          1 2 3 Previous Next