7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2010 1:34 AM by auzziewingman RSS

THINGS missing in the wii verison that i don't understand wh

assault rifle flamethrower
      custom red sights

Kill STREAKS
      grim reaper
      chopper gunner
      i forgot what is was called but it was a bazooka that shot something like a predator missile

my question is why i know i miss some other stuff but think these are the most important ones
        • Re: THINGS missing in the wii verison that i don't understand wh
          Da Guy
          1. Hardware Limitations

Be glad you have all of the stuff you have. TA did their best to fit as much as they could into the game.
            LethalBlade
            I'm pretty sure the Grim Reaper is there :unsure:

Is it the 4 banging Rocket Launcher??
              Da Guy

LethalBlade wrote:

I'm pretty sure the Grim Reaper is there :unsure:

Is it the 4 banging Rocket Launcher??

Yup.

The single shot is the LAW. Closest thing to the Reaper.
                bluesy_92
                Grim Reaper is not a weapon, it is a supply crate find, like the Death Machine.  It is most likely in-game, but you may not ever get it (Grim Reaper and Death Machine are rare)

On that note, I got the death machine the other day.  The slow movement and lack of ADS make it seem fair...untill you realize you are holding a chaingun with practically no recoil that can fire 500 rounds without reloading.  Damn, that thing was fun

As far as the other stuff missing, here is a quote from a thread of mine:

Most people here already know there is missing content from the game, but don't really know why.

The three missing killstreaks (Gunship, Chopper Gunner, Rocket) are because of rendering problems. When you have a larger view (such as from a chopper that lets you see the whole map) there is much more to be rendered, more than the Wii can handle without a drop in performance, or the game drawing low-res textures and low-poly models. It's either framerate or quality, one would have to give.

The Camera Spike is also because of rendering. Like splitscreen, multiple views are being rendered at the same time.

The emblem editor may be because of what Wii or the engine can handle, but I believe a big part of it is Nintendo. Remember when they removed the ability to see the emblems of other players on Mario Kart DS becuase of the images some players were making? Since Nintendo doesn't ban, they remove reasons to ban. Nintendo and customization don't get along well.

I know we are missing content, but I just want people to know why, so they don't blame Treyarch. There are limits to what the Wii can do and what Nintendo will allow, and Treyarch has already seemingly pushed past both...they don't have much headroom left. So, just so everyone knows, we were not ignored. They put as much effort and content into this game as they possibly could.

I can confirm grim reaper is in the wii version.  I got it yesterday in a care package!
                    RadiantDusk
                    Chopper Gunner and Gunship are things I'm ok to go without. I've never been a huge fan of those types of killstreaks, especially when they outline around the enemy in bright red and make it two-three hit kills. That's just obnoxious.

Valkyrie Rockets- I'm perfectly fine with its exclusion; it doesn't make the game less satisfying in any way. I still have to admit however, using it in Executive Order was kind of cool, so there is still a tiny, tiny twinge of disappointment in me. Just a bit.

RadiantDusk wrote:

I still have to admit however, using it in Executive Order was kind of cool, so there is still a tiny, tiny twinge of disappointment in me.

I'll be honest...
                      I f**ked that part up in Executive Order like 8 times before I realised it was in the sky already.