1 2 3 Previous Next 72 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2010 10:15 AM by icebankmice3if RSS

"Everyone..." and you.

Hey forum community,

I get a lot of this. "EVERYONE says ... " or "EVERYONE believes ..."

This isn't even remotely true. Not everyone is on Twitter or belongs to the message boards. It's really not a good way to open an argument and back a position you might have on knifing, Quick Scoping, or any other topic we are talking to you about.

I could say you to "Everyone hates Quick Scoping" and be just as right as you claiming that "Everyone thinks Treyarch took the sniper rifle tuning too far."

EVERYONE is relative to your interests, your friends, your play style, and your platform.

Most "everyone" is not on Twitter or the message boards. They just play the game and have fun.

My main point is that we are following the debates. But it's going to come a lot more measured than you probably want.

Knifing has a lunge because when we didn't have one "everyone" said it was impossible to kill people with a knife.

Quick Scoping has been nerfed because "everyone" said it wasn't fair that they would lose to a sniper in a CQB battle.

You see how this works? Their are two sides and both sides are driven off the feedback we've gotten about the game both past and present.

When I get back to the office next week, we will start the dialog about game tuning changes the team feels we should make based on your feedback. Our first few updates are usually to address technical issues and general improved connectivity, matchmaking, unanticipated bugs, and similar.

After that, we can focus more attention on game tuning.

I would like to remind you that we get dozens of messages a minute. It's not like we don't know what is on your mind. You can look at my Twitter feed for examples. Some of these messages are just unbelievable disrespectful, rude, and immature.

I've been around long enough to know that not "everyone" is like that. For those of you that keep it civil, you have our full attention.

We will never be able to make everyone happy all of the time. You see "everyone" is not the same and wants something a bit different out of the game. However, we remain 100% committed to supporting, updating, and improving the game.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar
        1 2 3 Previous Next