1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 196 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 8:15 PM by rpatto92 Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Offical Spawning Thread - How to help
        LethalShade
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZihokTlcwUs
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oVz0_VUMMs

Right here is a suggestion made by Wings to improve the spawns.

I think that where you guys went wrong is the game is trying to spawn you closest to where you got killed. It should HAVE to spawn you somehow on a teammate. And I also think that an object is the only thing that makes player not spawn infront of you. Except in rare instances, the game makes it so even if there's a one inch think wall between you and an enemy, he'll be able to spawn there as long as you can't see him. And it should be changed so you have to be at a minimum distance from an enemy to spawn there.

I also think it chooses your spawn when you DIE and not when you actually spawn. So there might've been teammates there but they died while you were watching the kill cam.

Adressing Dom specifically, I think you guys made the spawn way too fragile. Enemies shouldn't spawn on A flag if you have A and B and pushing C a little.

Just my thought on it.
        • 21. Re: Offical Spawning Thread - How to help
          The problem I have with the spawns is not individual spawns, its when spawns do not change in a game like TDM or flip randomly in a game like Domination.

On Summit and Array I have had whole TDM games where both teams spawn over and over in the same area, and with no footsteps you are just shot in the back over and over as the enemy spawn a few feet behind you.

On Domination somtimes even when a team has B they will spawn back at A or C, or if a team doesn't have they will spawn there. The games have no flow, it seems very random. Also when you are losing a flag often no warning is given.
          • 22. Re: Offical Spawning Thread - How to help
            DeathKlock
            David, maybe you can make people spawn as ghosts, until they get to a certain distance from the spawn point or within a time frame of X amount of seconds....... This way they can get out of the trap and to a decent area before they can be killed.
            • 23. Re: Offical Spawning Thread - How to help
              coobot
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNPyGJNA210
              Here is my video, a bit crappy and on a crappy YT name, but anything to help this game (especially for PS3)
              • 24. Re: Offical Spawning Thread - How to help
                I don't have a video but I'd like to say that Launch and Firing Range in Headquarters is simply ridiculous for spawn issues.
                • 25. Re: Offical Spawning Thread - How to help
                  Here's my video from a TDM on Launch.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2qOj38nQ58

I wrote a long message about how the game played out but theese forums needs patching just as much as the game. I can't be in writing mode ion more than ten minutes and then press reply because then the forums has signed me out, and there's no way i can get my post back. Horrible.

I'm glad you're working on supporting the game as you promised. I hope you will continue to do so for many months to come, if it's necessary!

Thanks in advance, Vahn!
                  • 26. Re: Offical Spawning Thread - How to help

TheGermanScientist wrote:

Here's my video from a TDM on Launch.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2qOj38nQ58

I wrote a long message about how the game played out but theese forums needs patching just as much as the game. I can't be in writing mode ion more than ten minutes and then press reply because then the forums has signed me out, and there's no way i can get my post back. Horrible.

I'm glad you're working on supporting the game as you promised. I hope you will continue to do so for many months to come, if it's necessary!

Thanks in advance, Vahn!

I've learned to press CTRL + A --> CTRL + C after typing up each post. Its saved me alot of work and effort when the forums decide to say I'm not logged in. I'm going to play some basic TDM tonight and I'll try to save each of my Launch/Radiation/Summit maps and look for bad spawns that I can outline in some videos, hopefully the data will be of some use after being collated.
                    • 27. Re: Offical Spawning Thread - How to help
                      aaronDEE
                      I was playing headquarters on Launch and we were spawning right next to each other.
                      I would of got killed, quickly spawn back and just kill them.
                      Hope you can fix it! 
                      • 28. Re: Offical Spawning Thread - How to help
                        rustypro
                        Well i sure hope to God spawning doesn't bother you too much since you only play S&D XD
                        • 29. Re: Offical Spawning Thread - How to help
                          Some assumptions in this thread about how the system works that are just wrong.

Unless we tell you it works a certain way, don't believe a word of it. Earlier in the thread someone said, "...where you went wrong was trying to spawn you near where you died."

You don't get a positive influence on a spawn near where you died.

I posted a longer response and then I got logged out of the site. Nice. Sent an angry email about that to the web team.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar
                          1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next