29 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2012 4:41 PM by fattPATRAT69 RSS

Ghost needs changes.

The Banana Bird
      Not once had I ever been frustrated in an earlier cod game about being killed by a player w/ UAV jammer, Camoflauge, or Cold Blooded. But Ghost is ridiculous.

In previous Call of duty games, stopping power was always in the same tier as "Ghost". For me it was a choice. I could either be stealthy but be at a disadvantage in a direct firefight, or stand equally as well against all other oponents using stopping power. (With the exception of hardcore)

Lets face it, we all knew that Ghost was going to be the most overused perk in the game, and it is. I have faced an entire team that only used ghost just to piss me and my friends off. And with the removal of stopping power, what advantage do I have that they don't? My gun is just as powerful. My Spy Planes don't work in my favor, but give them something to shoot down for points. My Infared Can't see them. And if they have pro, my choice of killstreaks is useless. Imagine that, one perk that gives a player invincibility.

Ghost supports camping, because as long as you have your mighty Galil/Ak74u with a suppressor, nothings stopping you. The ghillie suit just adds a factor of annoyance because many people expect a sniper to have a ghillie suit, not a camper w/ an AK74u. Ghost is favorable above all other perks because when a spy plane goes up, nobody looks for you. You become a player with as much bullet damage as everyone else but you cannot be seen.

I recommend that Ghost be replaced by something different or be a sniper affective only perk like scout, or be made so that you only don't appear on an enemy's spy plane if you are not moving or while crouched/prone. This would cause players using ghost to actually remain hidden instead of flanking the enemy and taking out the entire team because nobody could see them coming, or was just focused on killing players that could be seen.
        • Re: Ghost needs changes.
          The Holy Ghost3d
          Ghost has replaced stopping power as the "must" have perk. The other blue perks are pointless anyway.
            iidarkshadowoo
            Not at all.
            I see a lot of people using Hardline/Flak Jacket, and quite a few using Scavenger as well.
            The ghillie suit does not really provide much coverage unlike in other games. It's quite easy to spot players.

Even with Ghost, you can still be killed by...
            *Bullets
            *Explosives
            1)RC-XDs
            2)Napalm Strikes
            3)Mortar Teams
            4)Valkyrie Rockets
            5)Rolling Thunders
            6)Chopper Gunners
            7)Gunships
            And I think dogs, but I'm not sure.
              The Banana Bird
              yes but at least stopping power wasnt annoying. There shouldn't be a must have perk to begin with anyway. And the counter for a uav is a rocket or a COUNTER-UAV to stop all future trolls from bringing up that argument.
                The Banana Bird
                im just saying many people do not expect a man in a ghillie suit to turn around and drop shot you with an AK74u
                  An old tracker once said "you want to find somebody, use your eyes".
                    NinjaDefusingPunk
                    its not ghost that needs changes its that they need to add stopping power
                      IR.God
                      i prefer hardline i use it on all five of my classes,  and ghost is no big deal i play alot of hardcore so i am use to not knowing where any one is at till i find them.  Makes the games more of a challenge when you have to hunt your prey.  slight of hand pro gives me the jump on them at a distance and my claymores always find them looking for me.  Stealth is nice but IMO the other perks are more helpful.
                        The Banana Bird
                        that old tracker obvoously never had a radar
                          V1rus-AIDS-
                          Blackbird and Dogs.

/End thread
                            The Banana Bird

V1rus-AIDS- wrote:

Blackbird and Dogs.

/End thread

How am i supposed to get an eight or eleven killstreak when i cannot find my enemy?
                              V1rus-AIDS-

The Banana Bird wrote:

V1rus-AIDS- wrote:

Blackbird and Dogs.

/End thread

How am i supposed to get an eight or eleven killstreak when i cannot find my enemy?

Sounds like you just aren't that good at the game.  I've gone up against full teams, and all members used Ghost.  We still wiped the floor with them, and I ended the match with a 4:1 K/D.  Use your eyes, it's that simple.  If you can't outgun somebody, that's your problem.  Don't let the Radar be a crutch, when you start doing that, you start losing skill as a gamer.
                                The Banana Bird

V1rus-AIDS- wrote:

The Banana Bird wrote:

V1rus-AIDS- wrote:

Blackbird and Dogs.

/End thread

Sounds like you just aren't that good at the game.  I've gone up against full teams, and all members used Ghost.  We still wiped the floor with them, and I ended the match with a 4:1 K/D.  Use your eyes, it's that simple.  If you can't outgun somebody, that's your problem.  Don't let the Radar be a crutch, when you start doing that, you start losing skill as a gamer.

i have a 2.0 kill death ratio which simply means i am 50% more likely to kill somebody than they are to kill me. My vision isn't so great and my tv doesn't help. not everyone can afford hd
                                  i

have a 2.0 kill death ratio which simply means i am 50% more likely to kill somebody than they are to kill me. My vision isn't so great and my tv doesn't help. not everyone can afford hd

So your saying that they should dumb the game down for you alone. Get lost.
                                    The Banana Bird

yates435 wrote:

i

have a 2.0 kill death ratio which simply means i am 50% more likely to kill somebody than they are to kill me. My vision isn't so great and my tv doesn't help. not everyone can afford hd

So your saying that they should dumb the game down for you alone. Get lost.

Haha thats funny seeing as half the people i play against complain about the same crap im posting about. How about you dont talk so much

V1rus-AIDS- wrote:

Blackbird and Dogs.

/End thread

Dogs are horrible. I get an average of <3 kills with them.

The Banana Bird wrote:

Imagine that, one perk that gives a player invincibility.

no, you just suck
                                          The Banana Bird
                                          haha you made a heart. <3
                                            The Banana Bird

c7a2 wrote:

The Banana Bird wrote:

no, you just suck

Your from canada, nuff said. Id also like to see you play against me

The Banana Bird wrote:

c7a2 wrote:

The Banana Bird wrote:

no, you just suck

Your from canada, nuff said. Id also like to see you play against me

lets do it, ill be using ghost pro btw
                                                bteck
                                                I would rather use hardline. I don't use scavenger because i pick up others weapons when im on a roll or wasted my ammo. (i am never on a roll)
                                                  The Banana Bird
                                                  GT: The Banana Bird usually on around 5ish
                                                    ghosthound

The Banana Bird wrote:

Not once had I ever been frustrated in an earlier cod game about being killed by a player w/ UAV jammer, Camoflauge, or Cold Blooded. But Ghost is ridiculous.

In previous Call of duty games, stopping power was always in the same tier as "Ghost". For me it was a choice. I could either be stealthy but be at a disadvantage in a direct firefight, or stand equally as well against all other oponents using stopping power. (With the exception of hardcore)

Lets face it, we all knew that Ghost was going to be the most overused perk in the game, and it is. I have faced an entire team that only used ghost just to piss me and my friends off. And with the removal of stopping power, what advantage do I have that they don't? My gun is just as powerful. My Spy Planes don't work in my favor, but give them something to shoot down for points. My Infared Can't see them. And if they have pro, my choice of killstreaks is useless. Imagine that, one perk that gives a player invincibility.

Ghost supports camping, because as long as you have your mighty Galil/Ak74u with a suppressor, nothings stopping you. The ghillie suit just adds a factor of annoyance because many people expect a sniper to have a ghillie suit, not a camper w/ an AK74u. Ghost is favorable above all other perks because when a spy plane goes up, nobody looks for you. You become a player with as much bullet damage as everyone else but you cannot be seen.

I recommend that Ghost be replaced by something different or be a sniper affective only perk like scout, or be made so that you only don't appear on an enemy's spy plane if you are not moving or while crouched/prone. This would cause players using ghost to actually remain hidden instead of flanking the enemy and taking out the entire team because nobody could see them coming, or was just focused on killing players that could be seen.

No. Just No. 
                                                      henryzhe723g
                                                      Lmfao I so agree.. this is basicially everyones setup in BO.

Ghost
                                                      Sleight Of Hand
                                                      W/e

.... Ghost truly being in a first tier perk is overpowered as nearly all the other first tier perks are useless... putting a spy plane up against a ghost user actually goes to their advantage and not yours. Ghost really needs to be in second tier... then they can choose sleight of hand or ghost.
                                                        The Banana Bird

henryzhe723g wrote:

Lmfao I so agree.. this is basicially everyones setup in BO.

Ghost
                                                        Sleight Of Hand
                                                        W/e

.... Ghost truly being in a first tier perk is overpowered as nearly all the other first tier perks are useless... putting a spy plane up against a ghost user actually goes to their advantage and not yours. Ghost really needs to be in second tier... then they can choose sleight of hand or ghost.

Thank You! and to be honest i can't play w/o sleight of hand. i feel so slow and bulky w/o it
                                                          MovinSoSlow18

V1rus-AIDS- wrote:

Blackbird and Dogs.

/End thread

Agreed. 
                                                            ghosthound

henryzhe723g wrote:

nearly all the other first tier perks are useless...

Flak Jacket is very usefull & the spy plane can be shot down very easily.
                                                              darkwonders

GhostHound wrote:

henryzhe723g wrote:

nearly all the other first tier perks are useless...

Flak Jacket is very usefull & the spy plane can be shot down very easily.

I almost use Flak Jacket Exclusively in objective based games. People love to chuck grenades and bomb the objective before they are within range of shooting. This usually gives me plenty of time to set up where they are coming from as I can survive nearly any blast. And with the pro version, I can survive a napalm strike on an objective as well. Not to mention all of the RC-XDs people use

I actually feel weak when I don't have my Flak Jacket on.

Also, the best ninja class is

Ghost Pro (For obvious reasons)
                                                              Warlord (sights and silencer)
                                                              Hacker Pro (Can see where enemy stuff is, hack it without being killed by turrets, plus you are undetectable by a motion sensor. )

However, I still prefer my juggernaut class over it

Stoner63/Famas
                                                              Flak Jacket Pro
                                                              Warlord Pro- Reflex Sight + Extended Mag. Also having an extra grenade helps me a lot.
                                                              Gas Mask Pro

With that, the only thing that will hurt me are bullets.
                                                              Frags I can pick up and throw back no problem. the RCs only kill me with a direct hit. Gas is ineffective. Flash and Stuns hardly work on me anymore. And I can spot enemies on my radar if I toss a flash or stun in a room.

You can go with slight of hand for your second perk if you want a quicker toss of grenades, but you lose out on the extra grenades you get from warlord pro.
                                                                Seen more people running hardline pro to be honest. Ghost Pro has its uses (shooting down air support) but I still prefer having the option of rerolling my CPs with Hardline if I don't like the contents.

Ghost should go the ways of stopping power and jugg