1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2013 2:11 PM by EvansBlue369 Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: Why is the Marijuana symbol not allowed in BO but is in MW2?
        marijuana is illegal in America because you cant patent it. large pharmaceutical companies make a lot of money making drugs for every type of ailment when marijuana could treat them just the same. since they cannot patent marijuana, they work very hard to keep it illegal. if it were legalized, people would just smoke a joint to relieve their pain, make them fall asleep, or increase their appetite.

a recent proposition on the california ballot to legalize marijuana was not passed. the vote was 47% to 53%. i blame old people. they tend to be set in their ways and most of them were alive when marijuana was said to make you crazy(reefer madness). i also blame ultra religious types for being close minded. there only needs to be a 3% swing in the vote to get marijuana legalized in california. some old people need to die off and more young people need to be more conscious about getting to the voting booths to make sure that marijuana is legalized within the near future. once california legalizes marijuana, more states will follow. it will only be a matter of time before the federal government follows as well. they can still regulate it and put restrictions on how much someone is able to grow, but it wont be a crime to possess or smoke it anymore.

it just sucks that something so harmless is illegal when something so harmful(alcohol) is legal. no one has ever died due to an overdose of marijuana. how many people dies a year to alcohol related deaths? this country is so backwards sometimes.
        • 31. Re: Why is the Marijuana symbol not allowed in BO but is in MW2?
          Phasma_GHOSTtehPRO
          Muhahaha.. I laugh at the weakness to the power of symbology...

I live in UK  where it is ilegal. There has been talk of legalising cannabis by our new (hung) government (no i don't mean they have big c*cks). In Holland (or at least Amsterdam the capital) where the game is played, cannabis is legal. Throughout many US states people smoke weed legally with prescriptions. These prescriptions and licences are easy to get ('my knee hurts'). In Cali, as one person said, it is almost legal and there are large Grow shops in massive warehouses. Cannabis growth equipment, parafinalia and other business related aspects have been 'the biggest retail boost in California for a long time'.

Symbology you ask? A rose is a plant. The symbology surrounding it is of love and beauty etc. because of this it is an accepted part of our inventory. If soemthign is given negative symbology (sometimes due to an un-wanted occurance but often due to people manipulating information with a biased agenda), those that desire approval and fear ostricisation, take any oppertunity to show a willingness to conform (in public settings... hmmm.. like a forum) and denounce the required issue. The fact is, like a rose, cannabis is a plant. wait let me put it in Katt Williams words: "Its not a drug, I dun did th research, its just a plant.. and if you just so happen to set it on fire.. there are some side effects...".

It all boils down to these peoples fear of being excluded. They opress creative/free-spirited individuals out of the sub-consciouos despise for their own subserviant, dependant, sheepish lives and to be seen by the 'rat racers' to be one of them.

The facts are: its is a plant, it is scientifically proven (UK government drugs body) that cannabis is far less harmful than alchohol and even less so than ciggarettes, nobody OD's from it or dies from (at least nowhere near the scale of tobacco and alcohol related death - again in Katt's words: "ain't nobody ever OD'd off weed, but you take fifteen asprins it'll be your last headache!").

The only reason you think its bad is the man made symbology surrounding it. And the only reason they criminalised it was because like somebody said, it is not patentable (meaning anybody can grow it themselves, you try making alcohol or asprin yourself) and the best weed is grown outside the US (Jamaica/carribean, south america etc) and we don't want them getting wealthy now do we...

Anyway, sorry, @ the OP: Very good point. It is not illegal to sell weed merchandise with leaf or smoking images. The game is an 18 rated game. IW put it in with no consequence (and nor could there be one). Why any type of emblem (other than racially/sexually discriminating) should be banned is beyond me... F*ckin worlds going to sh*t I tell you! The rats have got a foothold and are breeding like mad.. Soon there will be no more men.. (lol I actually heard that recently - fact: the Male chromosome is dying, in 5 million years the male will be extinct.) The age of the metrosexual
          • 32. Re: Why is the Marijuana symbol not allowed in BO but is in MW2?
            AeonsDead

Bentwood wrote:

Delicious24 wrote:

More important question. Why do people still think its cool to smoke pot and put weed symbols on stuff !

The world is full of stupid people, who make poor life decisions and would rather waste their life doing things that are harmful for them but are "fun" as opposed to working hard and establishing a nice life.

You seem rather closed minded. I smoke marijuana recreantionally, i find it "fun". I also however have a Masters degree with Honours in Civil Engineering, i "work hard" and have a "nice life". Am i not entitled to do what i want?
            • 33. Re: Why is the Marijuana symbol not allowed in BO but is in MW2?
              Phasma_GHOSTtehPRO
              AeonsDead worte: "You seem rather closed minded. I smoke marijuana recreantionally, i find it "fun". I also however have a Masters degree with Honours in Civil Engineering, i "work hard" and have a "nice life". Am i not entitled to do what i want?"

This...
              • 34. Re: Why is the Marijuana symbol not allowed in BO but is in MW2?
                I don't smoke weed and I don't plan to, but why do people get all buttmad over weed emblems? Does a plant offend you or something? Someone likes to smoke weed and they want to make an emblem about an interest they have. I don't get why it'd be bannable. Are cigarettes bannable? What about alcohol? Last time I checked ciggy's and alcohol kill more people than weed does.
                • 35. Re: Why is the Marijuana symbol not allowed in BO but is in MW2?
                  darkplaces28

LicEnsEd To KiLL wrote:

It's most likely because people will jump at any chance to report someone who did well in a game.

I smoke pot while playing on my mic... report me for that! lol

Anyone in this thread who mentions anything about "stupid parents" should have their profile banned/removed from the site as they obviously just outed themselves as being not old enough to be here. The game is rated M, the site is rated M, online is unrated. This game is INTERNATIONAL, marijuana in NOT illegal WORLDWIDE.

Stop being little effing pansies so concerned with what other people are doing in the game and just effing play.
                  Or sell it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, those of you in Holland, Jamaica, etc., but I think it is illegal world wide, that is if the television special I watched on it recently is true. The key is how it's enforced. Some places are more lax about the rules as far as possessing it goes, but they are still strict on how, when and where it's manufactured. I, personally, don't find it offensive to have something referring to weed as your emblem. The only people that it's offensive to are kids that are supposed to be too young to play this game anyway (well may not be offensive, but as a parent I really wouldn't want my kid seeing it and thinking it's cool....and I'm also not saying using it is a bad thing just that I wouldn't want my kid to do it).
                  • 36. Re: Why is the Marijuana symbol not allowed in BO but is in MW2?
                    DropDragon
                    Because IW was smoking it when they made the game.

On a serious note, I don't know. They wanted to appeal to the druggies, maybe. I suppose you got banned for it, and if so, good. Go to Amsterdam or wherever else your precious drug is legal and smoke yourself until your brain's dead, if there's any brain there to begin with.
                    • 37. Re: Why is the Marijuana symbol not allowed in BO but is in MW2?

Pershing-Reincarnated wrote:

ii darkshadow oO wrote:

Because...anything displaying or pertaining to profane words/phrases, topics or content of a sexual nature, hate speech (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or religious slurs), illegal drugs/controlled substances is against the Code of Conduct.

The reason why I would assume it was okay to have in MW2 is simply because they didn't really care.
                      You can ask similar questions with similar answers like...
                      Why is hacking not allowed in BO but is in MW2?
                      Why is boosting not allowed in BO but is in MW2?
                      Etc., etc.
                      Do you have a problem with not being able to create childish images with the emblem creator?

hacking is not allowed in mw2...infinty ward is just not wasting there time fixing it after bops came out...but i wish they would... 
                      boosting was not allowed in mw2.....there was just no way to caught them or report them...

and i do have a problem of not being to express what ever i want on the emblem creator....in fear of whine up tight right winged lunnys like you reporting me

Does this necessarily imply that he is a LEFT WING LOONY...????  HHHhhhhmmmm.... JUST A THOUGHT!
                      • 38. Re: Why is the Marijuana symbol not allowed in BO but is in MW2?
                        Keems

Phasma_GHOSTtehPRO wrote:

AeonsDead worte: "You seem rather closed minded. I smoke marijuana recreantionally, i find it "fun". I also however have a Masters degree with Honours in Civil Engineering, i "work hard" and have a "nice life". Am i not entitled to do what i want?"

This...

QFT. I smoke weed recreationally, and yet manage to maintain mid-to-high 90's in all of my classes, a girlfriend, and a fully functioning job while balancing social life with education.
                        • 39. Re: Why is the Marijuana symbol not allowed in BO but is in MW2?
                          KotovSyndrome

DropDragon wrote:

Because IW was smoking it when they made the game.

On a serious note, I don't know. They wanted to appeal to the druggies, maybe. I suppose you got banned for it, and if so, good. Go to Amsterdam or wherever else your precious drug is legal and smoke yourself until your brain's dead, if there's any brain there to begin with.

Seems to me like someone knows what they're talking about. -.-
                          Weed does quite the opposite - it stimulates brain cells, and parts of the brain that are used least often.
                          The only way you can "kill" your brain with it is by smoking so much you suffocate.