31 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2011 9:17 AM by xag3ntorang3x RSS

Well I Found The Most Horrible Parent of the Year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpjKPFqe4Js

What in the world is wrong with people!?  The above video was taken early in a match that took place earlier today.  This guy's (gamertag SHALOMONKEY15) poor infant was crying the ENTIRE match! By the middle of the game he was SCREAMING and this piece of trash completely ignores the poor thing! I feel like he should be reported to social services or some authority...

Sorry I just had to vent on this matter.
        • Test #1
          Re: Well I Found The Most Horrible Parent of the Year
          Wow calm down dude. It's just a game.
          Last Edited: Mar 9, 2011 9:50 PM
          • Test #1
            Nah, good parenting is overpowered.
            Last Edited: Mar 9, 2011 9:52 PM
            • Test #1

x JVI O O x wrote:

Yes being a negligent parent or guardian is just a silly game.  It's only a helpless child that they're ignoring.

It's not going to be a big deal when news outlets report another death of a child due to negligence by an irresponsible parent who couldn't stop playing video games to take care of their child.
              Last Edited: Mar 9, 2011 9:53 PM
              • Test #1

JustinSaneV2 wrote:

x JVI O O x wrote:

Yes being a negligent parent or guardian is just a silly game.  It's only a helpless child that they're ignoring.

How do you know the wife wasn't in the background trying to comfort the child? Maybe the person was playing that sound through his mic to annoy people? When my son was an infant I couldn't always get him to stop crying, and sometimes he would just stop on his own. This guy could be the best parent in the world for all we know.
                Last Edited: Mar 9, 2011 9:55 PM
                • Test #1
                  You should submit a player review for lacking skill, parenting skills that is.
                  Last Edited: Mar 9, 2011 9:57 PM
                  • Test #1

x JVI O O x wrote:

JustinSaneV2 wrote:

x JVI O O x wrote:

How do you know the wife wasn't in the background trying to comfort the child? Maybe the person was playing that sound through his mic to annoy people? When my son was an infant I couldn't always get him to stop crying, and sometimes he would just stop on his own. This guy could be the best parent in the world for all we know.

I doubt it as at one point I'm fairly certain he told the child to shut up.
                    Last Edited: Mar 9, 2011 9:57 PM
                    • Test #1
                      He could have directed that to someone in game, or someone in the house, or perhaps the child. Point remains, you have no clue what was going on there. It's a bit harsh to call him the worst parent of the year.
                      Last Edited: Mar 9, 2011 9:58 PM
                      • Test #1

x JVI O O x wrote:

He could have directed that to someone in game, or someone in the house, or perhaps the child. Point remains, you have no clue what was going on there. It's a bit harsh to call him the worst parent of the year.

True, it's not even anyone's business to be honest.
                        Last Edited: Mar 9, 2011 10:00 PM
                        • Test #1
                          How do you know that wasn't the player crying?
                          Last Edited: Mar 9, 2011 10:01 PM
                          • Test #1

Operator-1 wrote:

How do you know that wasn't the player crying?

LOL
                            Last Edited: Mar 9, 2011 10:06 PM
                            • Test #1
                              Babies cry all the time, it doesn't mean that it was dying. Give the guy a break and let him enjoy some Black Ops, he probably needs it.
                              Last Edited: Mar 9, 2011 11:28 PM
                              • Test #1
                                Being a parent of 3 I can say with certainty that sometimes babies just cry. To be honest for all anyone know the guy had the kid in his lap bottle in it's mouth and gently bouncing the baby and still it screamed. I say that because my first child cried so much, no matter what we tried to calm her down, that I took her to the hospital thinking something was wrong. Nothing was. I have played through my baby crying occasionally because even with a fresh diaper, a warm bottle of milk, and all the other things a baby wants or needs, she just cried. Also he could be a neglecting douche bag but I'm just saying. Sometime babies cry no matter what and for me, sometimes playing a match or 3 of COD4 was all I could do to get through it. If you have kids maybe you understand. If you don't have kids, you probably will someday and THEN you'll understand. And trust me, ignoring a screaming baby is better than tossing it in a microwave at setting it to max crisp. (i'm not just being vulgar either some woman in the news did that because she thought the microwave would be soundproof and the heat would calm the baby down)
                                Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 12:23 AM
                                • Test #1

x JVI O O x wrote:

JustinSaneV2 wrote:

x JVI O O x wrote:

if he was a decent parent he would stop playing stupid video games and play with the infant .. it will eventually stop crying and will go to bed THEN he can play video games!!!!!
                                  Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 12:28 AM
                                  • Test #1

JustinSaneV2 wrote:

What in the world is wrong with people!?  The above video was taken early in a match that took place earlier today.  This guy's (gamertag SHALOMONKEY15) poor infant was crying the ENTIRE match! By the middle of the game he was SCREAMING and this piece of trash completely ignores the poor thing! I feel like he should be reported to social services or some authority...

his clan tag was jew... LOL
                                    Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 12:46 AM
                                    • Test #1
                                      You clearly don't have kids bro haha sometimes it's best to let them cry it out, don't panic just yet!

Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 1:04 AM
                                      • Test #1
                                        LOL! You need to mind yo dmn business, I mean do you know what happend!?!

Couldn't it be that daddy was playing and mommy was trying to comfort the baby!?

So what, a baby cries.. let that baby cry for a minute and it doesn't mean it will die! It also doesn't mean it will end up to be a psycho killer!
                                        Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 4:19 AM
                                        • Test #1

JustinSaneV2 wrote:

Not fair as we don't full info on this!
                                          Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 4:35 AM
                                          • Test #1

JustinSaneV2 wrote:

I doubt it as at one point I'm fairly certain he told the child to shut up.

How do you know it was his kid? Maybe it is his younger brother/sister and the parents were dealing with the child.

Possible they were Ferberizing the child as well. Where it learns to self soothe and isn't coddled every time it cries.

I mean did the person you were playing plainly state "Yea that's my baby in the background". Didn't think so. There are so many circumstances that this could be NOT the case that you are just being dumb now.
                                            Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 5:35 AM
                                            • Test #1
                                              No world's worst parents are the ones who let their 12 year old boys play this game for hours on end, and don't pay attention to the foul mouthed litte punks who learn to speak the worst version of English I have ever heard, and talking about sodomizing each other, fornicating with your mothers, and tea-bagging strangers.
                                              Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 6:17 AM
                                              • Test #1
                                                Way to name and shame without having facts.  Your post is the result of thinking out loud.
                                                Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 6:24 AM
                                                • Test #1
                                                  Heres a thought TOGGLE MUTE
                                                  Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 6:26 AM
                                                  • Test #1

goofball2010 wrote:

if he was a decent parent he would stop playing stupid video games and play with the infant .. it will eventually stop crying and will go to bed THEN he can play video games!!!!!

You sir are quite ignorant. Don't talk unless you know what the hell your talking about. Some babies just cry and don't quit crying no matter what you do. For example, my sister would do EVERYTHING to try to console her little girl. She would just whine and whine. My sister would sing, give her a warm bottle, try to make her laugh, and rock her gently in her arms, but the baby would not stop crying for almost an hour (She didn't have any medical issues).

Seriously how old are you? I really would like to know as even a 15yo should know that babies don't just stop crying.
                                                    Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 6:54 AM
                                                    • Test #1
                                                      Seriously?

Worst parent?  News flash... BABIES CRY!  And that wasn't even a bad cry...trust me if it was a bad cry you would know... well if you had a child.  I'd love to know how many posters on this topic actually have children?  It is apparent that those of us that do are the minority here.  I think the title of the post was completley out of line.
                                                      Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 7:32 AM
                                                      • Test #1
                                                        maybe the baby wanted something that the father didn't want him to have....babies cry about nothing dude, it's called DISCIPLINE, not enough of it these days
                                                        Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 8:01 AM
                                                        • Test #1
                                                          I've got a friend or two I play with who occsionally have crying babies in the background (typically late at night)

To my knowledge, they got wifes/gfs that are taking care of the kid (or trying to)

If it helps, a lot of time young children cry for long periods of time when they're really tired and it can sometimes be VERY difficult to get them to sleep, somtimes harder if they're crying because they're tired

him playing xbox might not be any different than him watchign news, reading a book or whatever else, it's really a 1 person job rocking that kid to sleep or whatever

plus some parents do they self-soothing thing, where you let a child scream intself to sleep a few nights or naps in a row and it makes that connection that it can relax itself without someone else (could never get myself to do that personally)

i doubt (without watching the vid) that there was no one else there with the kid
                                                          Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 8:47 AM
                                                          • Test #1
                                                            I think it was the guy that started this thread who was crying. He was probably getting uber humped up and down the map and was balling llike a teeny weeny wittle girl.  Honestly man, sometimes you gotta just let the baby cry it out. If you run to the kid and swoop it up everytime they cry they end up just like you. A completely helpless 5 foot 5 inch infant. And yes, as previously stated, I am a parent 3 times over.
                                                            Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 8:50 AM
                                                            • Test #1

antz_goose wrote:

You clearly don't have kids bro haha sometimes it's best to let them cry it out, don't panic just yet!

This.....
                                                              Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 8:52 AM
                                                              • Test #1
                                                                I have had this same thing happen to me via online play, I had some father screaming and yelling , cursing at his kid , who was clearly wanting something. It was so sad to hear the abuse he was giving. So i did my best to put him in place for 3 matches i ragged on him for doing so , by the end of the match I think i got to him.
                                                                     Props to the good parents out there that play and parent even if the have stick stuff on there shirt. There is a time for Blops and then there is time to be daddy.
                                                                Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 9:01 AM
                                                                • Test #1
                                                                  I wouldn't know about parenting as I'm only twenty but sometimes you need to let them run out of juice.
                                                                  Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 9:03 AM
                                                                  • Test #1
                                                                    My little one is teething at the moment, when it sets him off crying you aint stopping him until he's done, literally. I only play when he's asleep anyways as I cant concentrate otherwise.

But yeah if you hear a crying baby and no abuse directed at it then stop being so damn judgemental, I hope your kids give you hell so you understand what it can be like. Bad show dude.

@xag3ntorang3x: This is more like worst parent of the year. Some people just aint cut out for kids, they are a proper test of patience sometimes.
                                                                    Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 9:07 AM
                                                                    • Test #1
                                                                      well i agree people breed when there should be zero need to and thats why you find babys in dumpsters, along with fathers addicted to this game that wont parent .  But there are good parents out there so lets just give them a hand really all we can do
                                                                      Last Edited: Mar 10, 2011 9:17 AM