31 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2011 3:41 PM by BLAME_ACTIVISION RSS

Treyarch just exaggerated with the balance.

CrayHD
      Don't you think it too, Treyarch just tried to hard to balance everything, so that they screwed it up.
      Examples:

Snipers
      Not really overpowered in MW2, but many people complained about SOH pro effect, so what did they?
      No they didn't just take SOH pro effect away, they gave them a random bullet timer, a initial sway, a higher idle sway and a lower firerate.

Other guns
      They tried so hard to make them balanced, that they almost gave every gun the same stats with another look, and this makes guns like the Famaug even more overpowered than they are, because it's the only good outstanding gun.

Perks
      Removing SP was unnecessary, they just had to bring back Jugg and it would be ok. No trade off for ghost is just not good reconsidered.

Killstreak
      Yes they were overpowered BUT making them weaker AND non stackable? Too much.
      It's ridiculous that a player can destroy you  9/11 Killstreak without you having any chance to deny it.

Treyarch just tried to hard to make this game perfect, what made it worse at the end.
        • Re: Treyarch just exaggerated with the balance.
          spdy14
          i hope they fix it in the next patch... snipers are impossible to use against ARs
            Seahawks Fan
            I don't get what you mean by "no trade off for Ghost". Are you trying to say there needs to be some sort of a negative effect for the perk to make it more "balanced"?

Explain.

Killstreak
              It's ridiculous that a player can destroy you 9/11 Killstreak without you having any chance to deny it

They didnt make them weaker, just non-stackable. You have to actually work for them instead of using the RCXD to jump start it.
                Removal of SP was a great move. They simply should make the other perks involve an aspect of gameplay that ghost cannot evade. So by using ghost you give immunity to (insert game element here) or you give up the crucial ability to (insert idea here.)

Otherwise I agree.

They need to make it not stack, BUT make them more powerful. Such as having chopper gunners penetrating surfaces, but having areas it can't penetrate. But have them difficult to get to. But please, don't spawn us outside.

Gunship should have 8 missiles and extra flares.
                  CrayHD

Seahawks Fan wrote:

I don't get what you mean by "no trade off for Ghost". Are you trying to say there needs to be some sort of a negative effect for the perk to make it more "balanced"?

Explain.

Yes I do. Because it's change for the playstyle of every COD4/WAW/MW2 player. When you had ghost, you always had weaker bullets, when you had stronger bullets you always were seen by spy planes and killstreaks, when you had more health you always had weaker bullets.
                  The whole stuff counter itself out.
                    Than simply make the other perks crucial to gameplay. I used ghost today, and I see why so many people use it. Killstreaks are a frequent and effect the gameplay massively. The other perks, aside from maybe flak, don't do that much.
                      XxReggieKushxX

spdy14 wrote:

i hope they fix it in the next patch... snipers are impossible to use against ARs

If you are sniping and there is someone in front of you...then you are doing it wrong.
                        CrayHD

yates435 wrote:

Killstreak
                        It's ridiculous that a player can destroy you 9/11 Killstreak without you having any chance to deny it

They didnt make them weaker, just non-stackable. You have to actually work for them instead of using the RCXD to jump start it.

Not weaker?
                        So the Gunship is as strong as the AC130?
                        No way.
                          CrayHD

XxReggieKushxX wrote:

spdy14 wrote:

If you are sniping and there is someone in front of you...then you are doing it wrong.

In other games you could come up with this argument, not in COD. COD is an fast paced mostly close range FPS, it's not Battlefield.

CrayHD wrote:

yates435 wrote:

Killstreak

Not weaker?
                            No way.

The gunship is on par with the chopper-gunner from MW2. You cant really use the AC-130 as an example because it was massively overpowered.
                              Seahawks Fan

CrayHD wrote:

Seahawks Fan wrote:

Explain.

Yes I do. Because it's change for the playstyle of every COD4/WAW/MW2 player. When you had ghost, you always had weaker bullets, when you had stronger bullets you always were seen by spy planes and killstreaks, when you had more health you always had weaker bullets.

Well if you want to go by that, then Ghost is perfectly fine thanks to the absence of Stopping Power.
                                spdy14
                                ARs are easierto use in long ranges than the snipers... if u disagree, i think you are not playing black ops
                                  CrayHD

yates435 wrote:

CrayHD wrote:

Not weaker?
                                  No way.

The gunship is on par with the chopper-gunner from MW2. You cant really use the AC-130 as an example because it was massively overpowered.

But that's what I'm talking about. Instead of just making them non stackable, and yes 11 kills would be worth to get an AC130, they also make them weaker. Get my point?

They don't remove the overpowered aspect of killstreaks/perks/guns, they remove the overpowered apsect AND make them weaker at the same time, which is exaggerated
                                    CrayHD

Seahawks Fan wrote:

CrayHD wrote:

Seahawks Fan wrote:

Explain.

Well if you want to go by that, then Ghost is perfectly fine thanks to the absence of Stopping Power.

No because there is no counter, weaker bullets has everyone, and since Stopping Power was like a standart thing in the franchise, removing it makes ghost unbalanced.

But that's what I'm talking about. Instead of just making them non stackable, and yes 11 kills would be worth to get an AC130, they also make them weaker. Get my point?

They don't remove the overpowered aspect of killstreaks/perks/guns, they remove the overpowered apsect AND make them weaker at the same time, which is exaggerated

While I see your PoV. I have to disagree. They removed the OPed ones, but havent made the existing ones weaker at all. If anything, they have buffed certain killstreaks. In Mw2, a B2 bomber flys over head, so you run in a building and survive(Magic, I know), but in BO, your screwed.
                                        CrayHD

yates435 wrote:

While I see your PoV. I have to disagree. They removed the OPed ones, but havent made the existing ones weaker at all. If anything, they have buffed certain killstreaks. In Mw2, a B2 bomber flys over head, so you run in a building and survive(Magic, I know), but in BO, your screwed.

With the difference that the B2 wasn't showed on the map in MW2, in Black Ops he is showed on the map.
                                        At all, MW2 are stronger than Black Ops Killstreak, and yes, even the chopper gunner is stronger than the gunship, and yes the predator is stronger than the valkyrie.
                                          MovinSoSlow18
                                          There is absolutely no reason what so ever that a 9 and 11 killstreak should have the same amount of flares as a seven killstreak...As far as mw2 killstreaks, they were only overpowered to people who did not shoot them down. I never had any problems with chopper gunners ac130's or any of that crap because as soon as i heard it coming i would suicide to my air support class and be waiting when it got there. You were invisible to air support without the pro version of cold blooded and there is no reason a whole team should not be trying to take out air support when it arrives...Do not say the killstreaks are overpowered, say your teammates are Fing retards for not helping you when they should.
                                            Seahawks Fan

CrayHD wrote:

No because there is no counter, weaker bullets has everyone, and since Stopping Power was like a standart thing in the franchise, removing it makes ghost unbalanced.

Ok, since you're saying there's absolutely nothing in the game to counter someone using ghost (What are Motion Sensors and paying attention to your surroundings?), then for the game to be perfectly balanced in your eyes, the rest of the perks are going to need some sort of counter as well.

I don't think adding Stopping Power nor Juggernaut would help out your case.
                                              CrayHD

Seahawks Fan wrote:

CrayHD wrote:

Ok, since you're saying there's absolutely nothing in the game to counter someone using ghost (What are Motion Sensors and paying attention to your surroundings?), then for the game to be perfectly balanced in your eyes, the rest of the perks are going to need some sort of counter as well.

I don't think adding Stopping Power nor Juggernaut would help out your case.

Ghost user can use Hacker Pro which denies motions and sorrounds won't help you cause ghost is perk that is often use by campers, and as we all know, campers don't move:-)
                                                FAMAUG

CrayHD wrote:

They tried so hard to make them balanced, that they almost gave every gun the same stats with another look, and this makes guns like the Famaug even more overpowered than they are, because it's the only good outstanding gun.

I use the Famaug in every class. I don't use the FAMAS or the AUG, just the FAMAUG. My stats actually show I get the most headshots with the Famaug. As soon as the enemy see me using the Famaug, they know they are toast. I just love the way that real, actual gun, the Famaug, feels when I use *it*.
                                                  Not_Haiepz
                                                  I agree.
                                                  All these efforts on trying to balance things just made them unbalanced.
                                                    CrayHD

FAMAUG wrote:

CrayHD wrote:

I use the Famaug in every class. I don't use the FAMAS or the AUG, just the FAMAUG. My stats actually show I get the most headshots with the Famaug. As soon as the enemy see me using the Famaug, they know they are toast. I just love the way that real, actual gun, the Famaug, feels when I use *it*.

Ok, I lol'd at this one.
                                                      Seahawks Fan

CrayHD wrote:

Ghost user can use Hacker Pro which denies motions and sorrounds won't help you cause ghost is perk that is often use by campers, and as we all know, campers don't move:-)

You never bothered answering my questions, but alrighty then.
                                                        Don't you love how people start whining about Ghost when SP is out of the game? Seriously...it's been in CODMP since AT LEAST CoD4. The only thing that they need to change is just put Ghost and Hacker in the same class. Then people will stop whining about that.

And a note to all people... If you make something weaker, something else becomes "overpowered".

Just remove the sway on the snipers, all they needed to change was take out SoH pro effect, which they did. But also, the sniper selection is actually extremely crappy. The only real good sniper rifle is L96A1, and I actually do pretty well with it, people just... suck I guess, because I wouldn't say I'm amazing, but I'm better than a lot of people.
                                                          CrayHD

thezmon221 wrote:

Don't you love how people start whining about Ghost when SP is out of the game? Seriously...it's been in CODMP since AT LEAST CoD4. The only thing that they need to change is just put Ghost and Hacker in the same class. Then people will stop whining about that.

And a note to all people... If you make something weaker, something else becomes "overpowered".

Just remove the sway on the snipers, all they needed to change was take out SoH pro effect, which they did. But also, the sniper selection is actually extremely crappy. The only real good sniper rifle is L96A1, and I actually do pretty well with it, people just... suck I guess, because I wouldn't say I'm amazing, but I'm better than a lot of people.

I can do good with the L96, right, but not consistently. I can't stand getting sniped by a Famas, this is why I stopped using snipers. And I don't say ghost is the direct problem, but they just forced to change our whole playstyle because from COD4-Mw2 ghost wasn't n1 perk and stopping power was kinda standard in core.
                                                            Not_Haiepz

thezmon221 wrote:

No SP = Overused Ghost

If SP/Jugg wasn't/weren't in CoD4, WaW and MW2, the same problem would've occured.
                                                            (Even though CoD4/WaW had even more perks within the tier, IE Double Tap, SoH, Overkill..)

But BO offers you 5 perks per tier.

Scavenger = Useless thanks to Dual Mags and 3 extra mags built-in the game
                                                            Lightweight = Not nearly as useful as in MW2

Flak Jacket and Hardline are the only competitors it has.

So now, you chose ; explosive resistance, 1 less kill for killstreaks or counter Spy Plane, sentries, heli's, choppers and gunships ?
                                                              I love how people say the RC is balanced.
                                                                CrayHD

Platinumb wrote:

I love how people say the RC is balanced.

It's just the only overpowered killstreak in this game
                                                                  Seahawks Fan
                                                                  If there were no Stopping Power or Juggernaut in CoD4/WaW, I imagine Double Tap being a popular perk. Sort of like how Rapid Fire is a popular SMG attachment choice in Black Ops.

Anything to increase, DPS, right?
                                                                    Executorhb
                                                                    i obliterated my enemies in mw2 sniping and never ever using sp in any class, sniper is one shot one kill, and i got to 5 prestige in mw2, the only thing that i can complain in BO is that even if you are using ghost perk, the cobras and all killstreaks can see you so its much harder to camp this way, still i succeed at it.
                                                                      BLAME_ACTIVISION
                                                                      Stopping Power and Juggernaut is what made Call of Duty so great, just think about it, if MW2 hat Juggernaut/Flak Jacked then it would be a almost perfect game even with unlimited noob tubes, same goes to Black Ops, if Black Ops had SP & Jugg then the weapons had more variety and many people would user other guns that are NOT Famas, AK74u, Aug.

In the end of the day, Stopping Power and Juggernaut are needed in every CoD game.