13 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2011 7:09 PM by asasa RSS

There are no major issues with Famas/AK74u/Ghost/Snipers

CrayHD
      The only issue is lag. And this issue is making all those minor issues seem huge. But they aren't. I by myself complained about the things I listed above, but today I understood it. I have a pretty good  connection, but almost every game 2 bar sometimes 3, but today I suddenly pulled host, and man it was unbelievable. Sniping was perfect, I had no issue with hit detection, no getting shot around a corner, no getting ridiculous headshot hitmarkers. No problems with ghost, because my connection allowed me to use my reactions to kill them.
      This game isn't about skill, it's about connection. Better connection wins. Period.

If Treyarch doesn't fix connection, the game will stay as unenjoyable as it is, no matter if they're tweaking other things, they just have to improve connection. Connection is simply the biggest problem of this game, because Treyarch obviously doesn't know how to code a functional anti lag system, they just screwed it up.

Fix connection Treyarch, it's the only real issue with this game.

Edit:

Edited a "major" in subject to make it clearer what I'm talking about.
        • Re: There are no issues with Famas/AK74u/Ghost/Snipers, trust me
          UMP is still OP with good hit detection.

OMA tubes are still an issue.

The Famas will still be OP.

The snipers will still suck.

I've had host w/ snipers and noticed no difference.
            CrayHD

asasa wrote:

IMO, UMP was never an issue, if you go after statistic, almost every AR won in mid+long range.

Famas is like I said an minor issue, but lag is making it worse. Famas is a kind of a lag counter, because of it's high RPM, that's one of the reasons so many people like it.
            And no snipers won't.

You know me asasa, I used to always complain about snipers, but after having host in some games, I have no problems. The only problems is that the sniper doesn't have a specific roll, but with a good connection it's not useless as it's normally.
              Not_Haiepz
              Lag just makes these things worst.

TBH never had a problem with Ghost though.

And the hit detection is what makes the Snippers terrible.
                CrayHD

Not_Haiepz wrote:

Lag just makes these things worst.

TBH never had a problem with Ghost though.

Just said it because many people use to complain about it. But basically I mean campers, in most cases you have no chance with a bad connection because the shots that you are able to shot in them because of your reflexes aren't even counting.

CrayHD wrote:

asasa wrote:

IMO, UMP was never an issue, if you go after statistic, almost every AR won in mid+long range.

Famas is like I said an minor issue, but lag is making it worse. Famas is a kind of a lag counter, because of it's high RPM, that's one of the reasons so many people like it.
                  And no snipers won't.

You know me asasa, I used to always complain about snipers, but after having host in some games, I have no problems. The only problems is that the sniper doesn't have a specific roll, but with a good connection it's not useless as it's normally.

The game should go back to normal soon enough. You'll get average and above-average enemies and get those same results that you always used to.

UMP was an FAL with much less recoil, full auto, much better hipfire, faster ADS, more ammo, larger magazine, usable iron sights, and very similar damage. Both silenced, the 2HK range of the FAL is near 0 [Lower than that of other AR's Max Damage ranges].

While the FAL was a tad underpowered, the UMP was mostly an issue because it wasn't effected by being silenced, and could use any T2 perk without losing (significant) power.
                    CrayHD

asasa wrote:

CrayHD wrote:

asasa wrote:

And no snipers won't.

The game should go back to normal soon enough. You'll get average and above-average enemies and get those same results that you always used to.

UMP was an FAL with much less recoil, full auto, much better hipfire, faster ADS, more ammo, larger magazine, usable iron sights, and very similar damage. Both silenced, the 2HK range of the FAL is near 0 [Lower than that of other AR's Max Damage ranges].

While the FAL was a tad underpowered, the UMP was mostly an issue because it wasn't effected by being silenced, and could use any T2 perk without losing (significant) power.

I said almost every assault rifle not "EVERY SINGLE WITH NO EXCUSE WIN ALWAYZ!!"

CrayHD wrote:

I said almost every assault rifle not "EVERY SINGLE WITH NO EXCUSE WIN ALWAYZ!!"

CrayHD

asasa wrote:

CrayHD wrote:

Ok, there you go:

UMP without SP
                        TTK at mid 0.286

Assault rifles without SP

Famas
                        TTK at mid = Instant Burst

TAR21
                        TTK at mid 0.24

F2000
                        TTK at mid 0.26

AK47
                        TTK at mid 0.27

M16
                        TTK at mid= Instant Burst

Not regarding everybody used SP, which made all AR's except FAL and ACR killing faster than it, and SP had almost no effect on the UMP.
                        For sure, you could use another perk, but the TTK stays same.

I define a overpowered gun as a gun which dominates at all ranges.
                        • Re: There are no major issues with Famas/AK74u/Ghost/Snipers
                          Rigged.

You counted all 3 of the UMP shots, but subtracted one from everything else.

UMP TTK @ mid: .19s
                          TAR TTK @ mid w/ SP: .16s

SMG advantages + moderate recoil.
                            CrayHD

asasa wrote:

Rigged.

Where do you have your TTK's from? Whether mine or your chart is incorrect.
                              WhichGuy
                              You do (number of shots to kill -1) x firetime

e.g famas
                              3 shot kill, firetime 0.064
                              (3-1) x 0.064 = 0.128
                                I have to strongly agree, lag plays a detrimental factor in coming out on top, especially in your average firefight. Doesn't matter how good a certain gun is, if the person has a fluid connection on his side, he has a higher chance of getting the drop on you, period. Last time I had no connection/latency issues, I went 103-11 in Domination (immediately before the PS3 rollback, so the stats won't show up in my Combat Record).

CrayHD wrote:

asasa wrote:

Rigged.

Where do you have your TTK's from? Whether mine or your chart is incorrect.

The same place you do.

UMP is .095s
                                  TAR is .08s

You used the same numbers as I did, but:

TAR = [4-1]
                                  UMP = [3(-1)]