11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2011 8:10 AM by IRSHOOTU RSS

We need something like Battlepoints.

CrayHD
      It's getting worse everyday. Playing an objective based gametype with randoms gets more ridiculous every day. I see guys running past me while I capturing the flag, I see guys camping the bomb instead of plant it, I see guys not capturing the HQ, so the game is longer, which means more kills. Why?
      Because kills give them more XP. Simple as that. Either we need a system like Homefront has, the Battlepoint system, or they have to at least double the objective XP.
      Notice: If you are in a team and you want to play more HQ/Demo or whatever, it's ok. I mean if your whole team does it, it's what you guys won't. But killwhoring with randoms is just annoying.

The game isn't about kills, at least if you don't play TDM.
        • Re: We need something like Battlepoints.
          SNOOP DOG XXXX
          thats a quite good idea.

but i think treyarch wont make any big patches to adjust gameplay or whatever to this game anymore.
          besides that leaderboards, are still broken after months.

the famas is  overpowered, however 164 pages of text. isnt enough to make treyarch do anything about it.

they are only doing small updates, like '' solved a exploit '''

but although its a good idea

CrayHD

SNOOP DOG XXXX wrote:

thats a quite good idea.

but i think treyarch wont make any big patches to adjust gameplay or whatever to this game anymore.
            besides that leaderboards, are still broken after months.

the famas is  overpowered, however 164 pages of text. isnt enough to make treyarch do anything about it.

they are only doing small updates, like '' solved a exploit '''

but although its a good idea

Yeah, the idea is probably to big to implement it with a hotfix/title update, altough I think increasing the amount of EXP for doing the objective could easily get done.
              IRSHOOTU
              I love getting kills... I can get more kills in Demo and i can get even more kills if i camp a bomb till time is almost up then let them plant and blow it and have some extra time to get even more kills .. Then i camp a site when waiting for time to be almost up till i plant and reset again so we can go in to round 3 and i can get even more kills.. So on that note i get a win and a **** load of kills AND get to listen to the people who ***** at me for being a kill whore because i played better then they did and they could not plant anything unless me/my team let them.

On that note am i a kill whore if i get 50/60+ Kills and a plant/defuse to make the game longer?

And changing the XP Wont fix anything.. We don't care about the xp.
                CrayHD

IRSHOOTU wrote:

I love getting kills... I can get more kills in Demo and i can get even more kills if i camp a bomb till time is almost up then let them plant and blow it and have some extra time to get even more kills .. Then i camp a site when waiting for time to be almost up till i plant and reset again so we can go in to round 3 and i can get even more kills.. So on that note i get a win and a **** load of kills AND get to listen to the people who ***** at me for being a kill whore because i played better then they did and they could not plant anything unless me/my team let them.

On that note am i a kill whore if i get 50/60+ Kills and a plant/defuse to make the game longer?

I know where you come from, I was like you some months ago. Getting kills is fun, it's entertaining, it's adrenaline. But trust me, at some day you'll notice there is more than just kills.

And I have to say, yes you are. But hey, 1 killwhore in a team is always great to clean objectives up. My problem is guys who see me capturing the flag and run past me. It just makes me mad.
                  SNOOP DOG XXXX
                  @cray

yes, when im playing domination .

and we have 1 flag, which means we need to capture 1 more flag to make a change.

but nooooo, im the ONLY 1 who is trying to capture. my teammates just run by.
                  and when i almost captures the flag, some piece of **** kills me.

but that didnt happen if only 1 teammate helped me...

but whatever............

IRSHOOTU

CrayHD wrote:

IRSHOOTU wrote:

I know where you come from, I was like you some months ago. Getting kills is fun, it's entertaining, it's adrenaline. But trust me, at some day you'll notice there is more than just kills.

And I have to say, yes you are. But hey, 1 killwhore in a team is always great to clean objectives up. My problem is guys who see me capturing the flag and run past me. It just makes me mad.

I Help play the objectives in domination i never cap the flag but i do always clear ahead of it and cover while the team caps before i push to the spawn. And maybe it will change im still new to the game (Got it in jan.)  but for now its fun :P And i do hate in Demo when you are defusing and 3 people standing there don't kill the guy running at me to Defend it..
                      CrayHD

SNOOP DOG XXXX wrote:

@cray

yes, when im playing domination .

and we have 1 flag, which means we need to capture 1 more flag to make a change.

but nooooo, im the ONLY 1 who is trying to capture. my teammates just run by.
                      and when i almost captures the flag, some piece of **** kills me.

but that didnt happen if only 1 teammate helped me...

but whatever............

Exactly what I mean.
                        iiSuperman
                        You do realize this would just about solve most complaints about the game right? 

Less people would camp with ghost because it would be pointless.  You could rack up more points by getting out there and getting kills. 
                        More people would go for the objective, because there is no reason not to. 
                        Less people would camp for any reason in any case because killstreaks mean nothing. 

Here is to hoping this finds its way to the next CoD game?  
                          otisman666
                          This issue was discussed at length prior to release.  The developer's had the XP all worked out on spread sheets and what not so that each game mode was more or less equal to one another in terms of XP and that objectives were sufficiently rewarded.  Lol, I think maybe someone needed to proof their work.  I can say this, the BP system in HF has fools jumping all over the objectives, it's a decent payout.
                            CrayHD

otisman666 wrote:

This issue was discussed at length prior to release.  The developer's had the XP all worked out on spread sheets and what not so that each game mode was more or less equal to one another in terms of XP and that objectives were sufficiently rewarded.  Lol, I think maybe someone needed to proof their work.  I can say this, the BP system in HF has fools jumping all over the objectives, it's a decent payout.

The BP system is the dream of every objective player!

I can just laugh at "working XP out"

Why should I go for 10 caps in a game, which gives me 1k exp, if I can killwhore up to 60-70 kills, which give me 3,5-7k xp?
                              IRSHOOTU
                              Lol Exactly crazy on the matches where all i did was go for kills 60 something one round 79 another and about 5 were 50+  i got between 20-30k xp..

When i play to win with my clan and only get around 20-30 kills i normally get around 10-15k xp but like i said i really don't care about the xp