32 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2011 4:26 PM by brandaman RSS

Crysis 2 has actually a little chance to beat Black Ops

CrayHD
      I always laughed at those "BLAK OPS WILL GO DOWN, HOMEFRONT IS COMING OUT !!!". Same went for other games. Today I got my Crysis 2 and after total 10 hours of playing I can say : This game has the potential to compete with Black Ops.
      It's faster paced, better graphics, 60FPS, Perks, Killstreaks, Good Maps, New cool features, I mean what do you want more?

What do you guys think about it, and wait before you post something because you played the BETA, stop.
      I'm with you, the beta was awful, please don't judge the game because of the bad BETA.
        • Re: Crysis 2 has actually a little chance to beat Black Ops
          IRSHOOTU
          I was watching some clips on youtube and then Xjaws posted one also... And i honestly for the first time since i have had my PS3 since Dec. Thought about buying another game other then black ops.. It reminded me alot of my halo days with a bunch of the stuff i like from COD.
            CrayHD

IRSHOOTU wrote:

I was watching some clips on youtube and then Xjaws posted one also... And i honestly for the first time since i have had my PS3 since Dec. Thought about buying another game other then black ops.. It reminded me alot of my halo days with a bunch of the stuff i like from COD.

Same here bro, I felt like COD is with BF the only decent console FPS, but after having Crysis, I don't think this way anymore.
              IRSHOOTU
              I don't have the time for more then one game at the moment. But if i get burnt out on COD.. I think i know what i will be getting.
                Grannyoo3

CrayHD wrote:

I always laughed at those "BLAK OPS WILL GO DOWN, HOMEFRONT IS COMING OUT !!!". Same went for other games. Today I got my Crysis 2 and after total 10 hours of playing I can say : This game has the potential to compete with Black Ops.
                It's faster paced, better graphics, 60FPS, Perks, Killstreaks, Good Maps, New cool features, I mean what do you want more?

What do you guys think about it, and wait before you post something because you played the BETA, stop.
                I'm with you, the beta was awful, please don't judge the game because of the bad BETA.

Sorry, but i am a true Crysis fan at heart, play crysis (and warhead) at least 10+ hours a week since they were released in 2007 and 2008 (yes, i love that game).

I have to dis-agree with you there, because Crysis was designed from scratch to be future proof, and it still is the bread and butter benchmark for us PC gamers till this day.

Crysis 2 however, feels very VERY console ported. Maybe because it is? I had never seen a single game on PC that did not come with graphic options. Known graphic options such as texture quality, environment, AA, AF etc Not just high, very high and extreme (which are the new pc names for gamer, hardcore and advanced in demo).

Two suite modes in compared to 4 in Crysis 1. Crysis 2 just has armor and stealth (that power is a joke). Strength, armor, speed and stealth in Crysis 1.

Multi Player: This is such a cod rip off with new names. We had power struggle, which was epic with 64 players and ridiculously huge maps. Now it is 12 players (or 18? not sure) and small-medium maps.

Console people who are sick, bored or hate BO may like Crysis 2. But for me, as a PC gamer, though we on PC are kind of being left in the dark with BO, id stick to cod BO, because as of now, we have more control on our servers than Crysis 2, and it seriously feels dumbed down.

It runs Dx9, excuse me? we have had DX11 hardware and software for 2 years (this is the 3rd year) and Crytek WAS known for being pushing PC boundries, i say WAS. Because now, everyone goes for money.

The only game which looks promising right now is BF3, started and made for the PC THEN ported down to consoles, that is what everyone SHOULD do, since they know the true potential of what a PC can do.

PS: Crysis 1 maxed out with 8xaa i see 40 FPS, Warhead i see 45-50 (both on 1920x1080) and Crysis 2, extreme 1920x1080 i see 70+ All this one ONE gtx 570...those who spent €2000+ on a hardcore system can only run benchmarks and show off score than FPS at the moment.
                  CrayHD

Grannyoo3 wrote:

CrayHD wrote:

Sorry, but i am a true Crysis fan at heart, play crysis (and warhead) at least 10+ hours a week since they were released in 2007 and 2008 (yes, i love that game).

I have to dis-agree with you there, because Crysis was designed from scratch to be future proof, and it still is the bread and butter benchmark for us PC gamers till this day.

Crysis 2 however, feels very VERY console ported. Maybe because it is? I had never seen a single game on PC that did not come with graphic options. Known graphic options such as texture quality, environment, AA, AF etc Not just high, very high and extreme (which are the new pc names for gamer, hardcore and advanced in demo).

Two suite modes in compared to 4 in Crysis 1. Crysis 2 just has armor and stealth (that power is a joke). Strength, armor, speed and stealth in Crysis 1.

Multi Player: This is such a cod rip off with new names. We had power struggle, which was epic with 64 players and ridiculously huge maps. Now it is 12 players (or 18? not sure) and small-medium maps.

Console people who are sick, bored or hate BO may like Crysis 2. But for me, as a PC gamer, though we on PC are kind of being left in the dark with BO, id stick to cod BO, because as of now, we have more control on our servers than Crysis 2, and it seriously feels dumbed down.

It runs Dx9, excuse me? we have had DX11 hardware and software for 2 years (this is the 3rd year) and Crytek WAS known for being pushing PC boundries, i say WAS. Because now, everyone goes for money.

The only game which looks promising right now is BF3, started and made for the PC THEN ported down to consoles, that is what everyone SHOULD do, since they know the true potential of what a PC can do.

PS: Crysis 1 maxed out with 8xaa i see 40 FPS, Warhead i see 45-50 (both on 1920x1080) and Crysis 2, extreme 1920x1080 i see 70+ All this one ONE gtx 570...those who spent €2000+ on a hardcore system can only run benchmarks and show off score than FPS at the moment.

I feel for you man, I'm on XBOX. But let me tell you one thing, DX11 will be available soon, they already said it.

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=21

Take a look at the forum, there is a thread about it.

And yes, it's ported, it's already proven. But Black Ops is too. By beating I mean beating Black Ops, not being good for PC gamers, I know, it's sad that so many good PC games just get dumbed down because of the grow of the console community, but that's what developers have to do to have sucess with their game. For XBOX it's the game with the bets graphics, runs perfectly smooth and without lag.
                  For PC, it's another thing, but isn't Black Ops just as shitty on PC?
                    Trout 19
                    After extensive research, I'll be puying C2 this weekend.  Not b/c I hate BLOPS but it's better to have a few games in the chamber rather than just focusing on just one game specifically.  Not a COD beater but looks great, even if it's ported down to the consoles.  I'll eat from the PC table like a gamer dog any day if this is what we get!
                      CrayHD

Trout 19 wrote:

After extensive research, I'll be puying C2 this weekend.  Not b/c I hate BLOPS but it's better to have a few games in the chamber rather than just focusing on just one game specifically.  Not a COD beater but looks great, even if it's ported down to the consoles.  I'll eat from the PC table like a gamer dog any day if this is what we get!

Black Ops is ported too btw. But hey, I'm not trying to say BO sucks, just want you guys to pay a little bit more attention to this game, because what I've experienced so far is pretty sick. I'm just waiting for the DX11 patch to get it on my new PC.
                        Crysis 2 is f*cking amazing.

By the way, Cod runs at 60FPS too.
                          FAMAUG

Brandaman wrote:

So does Crysis 2 actually run at 60 fps? I could have sworn it was 30. If it does run at 60, then I'd probably have to get it. I've been saying for a long time that no other shooter will ever really be a competitor to COD unless it runs at 60 fps. People need that quick responsive gameplay, and 30 frames per second just doesn't cut it.
                            Crakajaxz96
                            I recently finished the Crysis 2 campaign and i have to say i was very satisfied. The campaign was extremely beefy, atleast compared to most COD games and a few others. I must disagree with Grannyoo3's statement about the stealth mode being a joke, it completely changes the game from your regular fps shooter to being a more stealthy game, though it can still be played as more of a regular Fps shooter if desired.
                            I havent done much with multiplayer yet but what i have played is pretty satisfying. Personally i do think Crysis 2 is a COD killer.

FAMAUG wrote:

Brandaman wrote:

So does Crysis 2 actually run at 60 fps? I could have sworn it was 30. If it does run at 60, then I'd probably have to get it. I've been saying for a long time that no other shooter will ever really be a competitor to COD unless it runs at 60 fps. People need that quick responsive gameplay, and 30 frames per second just doesn't cut it.

It sure seems it. It only looks very smooth, no jumpiness or jittering.

If I'm right, Halo Reach runs at 30fps, and that still has pretty smooth gameplay.

By the way there's an MP demo on PSN and XBL if you want it.
                                CrayHD
                                It does run at 60FPS.
                                  FAMAUG

Brandaman wrote:

FAMAUG wrote:

Brandaman wrote:

It sure seems it. It only looks very smooth, no jumpiness or jittering.

If I'm right, Halo Reach runs at 30fps, and that still has pretty smooth gameplay.

By the way there's an MP demo on PSN and XBL if you want it.

I may have to check it out. If it has a nice fast feel to it, then it could actually be a serious competitor to COD.
                                    MovinSoSlow18
                                    Its not that good....I played it at a friends house along with playing the demo, and it has those sluggish controls. All of my friends who bought it on release day were playing black ops with me by the end of the night. If you just want something different then call of duty then crysis it the game for you, but it definitely does not have the same addicting characteristics that cod has.

Operator-1 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRTXpncI8BI

Already seen that, it's awesome haha.
                                        CrayHD

Operator-1 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRTXpncI8BI

Hahaha, this is epic!!!
                                          this user is op
                                          ive been playing the beta on and off and ive noticed certain things have been abused frequently such as the stealth suit and sniper rifles
                                          but i might be looking into the game im just worried its going to be an even worse camp fest with the stealth camo
                                            iidarkshadowoo
                                            Nah...the game is way to different to beat it.
                                            If Battlefield nor Homefront can't beat Call of Duty, then certainly Crysis can't.
                                            There are no games this year that could top the billion dollar game; I mean, all CoD games starting with Modern Warfare are still in the top ten most played games on live. Maybe in four years or so, something can top it.
                                              FAMAUG

ii darkshadow oO wrote:

If Battlefield nor Homefront can't beat Call of Duty, then certainly Crysis can't.
                                              There are no games this year that could top the billion dollar game; I mean, all CoD games starting with Modern Warfare are still in the top ten most played games on live. Maybe in four years or so, something can top it.

Won't it be hilarious if a few years from now, all games in the top 10 are COD? It's sad that no other developer has caught on to the basic formula that works for COD- Fast framerate, responsive controls, mostly small to medium size maps, etc. It's like a lot of games will have some of the things, but none have it all like COD. Activision is basically printing money with COD. There is almost no competition. But more and more good games are coming out. A single game won't beat COD, but I bet a combination of good alternatives will cut its user base down.
                                                CrayHD

FAMAUG wrote:

ii darkshadow oO wrote:

Won't it be hilarious if a few years from now, all games in the top 10 are COD? It's sad that no other developer has caught on to the basic formula that works for COD- Fast framerate, responsive controls, mostly small to medium size maps, etc. It's like a lot of games will have some of the things, but none have it all like COD. Activision is basically printing money with COD. There is almost no competition. But more and more good games are coming out. A single game won't beat COD, but I bet a combination of good alternatives will cut its user base down.

Exactly, so many good games were released/will be released this year.

Homefront
                                                Oblivion
                                                Mortal Kombat
                                                BF3
                                                Crysis
                                                Dragon Age
                                                (Rumor for a new halo game from EA?)

You saw that the average online player counter went down from 800.000 average online to 300.000-400.000 average online.
                                                  MovinSoSlow18

CrayHD wrote:

FAMAUG wrote:

ii darkshadow oO wrote:

Homefront
                                                  Oblivion
                                                  Mortal Kombat
                                                  BF3
                                                  Crysis
                                                  Dragon Age

You saw that the average online player counter went down from 800.000 average online to 300.000-400.000 average online.

Give it a little time for the new effect to wear off and that counter will go right back up
                                                    CrayHD

MovinSoSlow18 wrote:

CrayHD wrote:

FAMAUG wrote:

Homefront
                                                    Oblivion
                                                    Mortal Kombat
                                                    BF3
                                                    Crysis
                                                    Dragon Age

Give it a little time for the new effect to wear off and that counter will go right back up

Well, time will show it.
                                                      vims1990
                                                      I know last night, the player count for Black Ops at the time I play went from 300,000 down to 94,000.
                                                      Not sure if it had anything to do with Homefront or Crysis 2 release but it is a significant drop for Black Ops.

Anyone know the player count for Homefront & Crysis 2 at the moment?

Back on topic:

I want to buy Crysis 2 but I don't want to buy a game that will last for 2 - 3 weeks and then we'll all be back playing a COD game.
                                                      I had a similar experience when I purchased Medal of Honor.

I'm not saying Crysis 2 looks bad. It's looks spectacular and fun to play but how long will that last for?
                                                      Black Ops isn't a perfect game yet I keep going back to it.

Do you see Crysis 2 lasting for months? Should I pay NZ $97 at my local store for it?
                                                        CrayHD

vims1990 wrote:

I know last night, the player count for Black Ops at the time I play went from 300,000 down to 94,000.
                                                        Not sure if it had anything to do with Homefront or Crysis 2 release but it is a significant drop for Black Ops.

Anyone know the player count for Homefront & Crysis 2 at the moment?

Back on topic:

I want to buy Crysis 2 but I don't want to buy a game that will last for 2 - 3 weeks and then we'll all be back playing a COD game.
                                                        I had a similar experience when I purchased Medal of Honor.

I'm not saying Crysis 2 looks bad. It's looks spectacular and fun to play but how long will that last for?
                                                        Black Ops isn't a perfect game yet I keep going back to it.

Do you see Crysis 2 lasting for months? Should I pay NZ $97 at my local store for it?

I don't know. People tend to overrate a game in the first days they play it, so could be the same for me. In 1 month I can tell you my answer.

Brandaman wrote:

Bring in a napalm strike and we're talking about 5FPS. You on 360 by any chance?

My Crysis copy is in the post, hopefully it's good. Killzone 3 wasn't too amazing. Looked nice and stuff but it's very sluggish. Homefront meh, seen some videos, didn't look too fantastic.

davidbio wrote:

Brandaman wrote:

Bring in a napalm strike and we're talking about 5FPS. You on 360 by any chance?

My Crysis copy is in the post, hopefully it's good. Killzone 3 wasn't too amazing. Looked nice and stuff but it's very sluggish. Homefront meh, seen some videos, didn't look too fantastic.

Yes, 360.

And I haven't played any MP yet, but the demo was good. The single player is good so far too.

Got mine a day early Where'd you order from?
                                                              FAMAUG

MovinSoSlow18 wrote:

CrayHD wrote:

I'm not so sure. Things are different right now than from previous years. No good shooters really came out last year (maybe Halo, but I'm on PS3), so MW2 could basically reign at the top. I played MW2 for a solid year. There were times when I got bored and frustrated with it, but there just weren't any alternatives. Now I have both Killzone 3 and Homefront, and I absolutely love both of those games. Crysis is apparently really good, from early reviews. Brink is coming out, and BF3 will be a juggernaut. Black Ops holds no appeal for me anymore, except maybe two games every week or so. Black Ops is a good game, but it's not perfect. I think COD is losing its grip on the masses. MW3 will still be huge and sell enormously, but the days of only having one good shooter are over.
                                                                SoupFriendly
                                                                Well, Black Ops is perfection, so there's no point in discussing other games.

Brandaman wrote:

Play.com. Killzone 3 took a week to turn up after release, but otherwise it'd always been fine. Looks like their service may have gotten a bit sloppy.

I'm getting a new PC, so I might play Crysis 1 before I play 2 offline.
                                                                    Trout 19

ii darkshadow oO wrote:

As much as it pains all of us to admit, you are correct.  BF3 will be fun but it won't completely wipe out COD, HF and Crysis 2 are looking great but just don;t have the speed and simple set up of COD.  MW3 will sell well on name alone.  Maybe the 2012 Respawn project has hope but talent doesn't grow on trees I'm not sure that will even set records.  4 years might be a long time but 2-3 for sure until we see a COD killer type game.

davidbio wrote:

Brandaman wrote:

Play.com. Killzone 3 took a week to turn up after release, but otherwise it'd always been fine. Looks like their service may have gotten a bit sloppy.

I'm getting a new PC, so I might play Crysis 1 before I play 2 offline.

I always go with Game. Pretty much always get them a day early, and only ever had one game late, which they gave me five pounds worth of reward points to compensate for.